Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 04-04-2018, 12:54 PM
Experiencer
Automatic Writing

Who automatic writes?

The past few days I've had this urge to do it, but I didn't, until I woke up this morning and the very first thought I had was to do some automatic writing. It is someone's birthday on Friday that has a special place in my heart and I wanted to write her a note to go inside her card that I'm posting to her, but I didn't really know what to write down, hence trying automatic writing.

Well, I can honestly say it amazed me. I read it back and it's something I'd never have written! I'm very shocked.

What is more strange is that yesterday I instinctively got up to look out my window and a small bird (don't know the exact type) was sat on a branch and we both caught each other's eyes. It sounds odd to even type this, but we were staring at each other's eyes for about four seconds before it flew over the house. I felt something from it, if you know what I mean.

Then, once I'd finished reading what I'd written this morning, I heard a sound on the window. I looked up and the same bird (there's probably millions of them who look the same) was on my window - not the ledge - just the window, and it looked in and pecked it's beak once on the window and flew off. Gave me a little shudder

Who else automatic writes? What's your trick to removing mind completely when doing it?
Old 29-04-2018, 12:19 AM
bartholomew

Your post caused me to stop and remember the way I was introduced to channeling. It began once when I had the same impulse that you describe. I had been sitting on my sofa in light meditation when it came to me. I kept thinking "get a pencil...." I picked up a pencil and paper and my hand wrote "Bartholomew" over and over quite quickly. I had to deliberately try to stop it. So... this was the result of my friend Bartholomew getting my attention. In your case it was perhaps someone using the combination of the thought of automatic writing and the bird as a messenger to get yours. Be careful with this method as contacts can be from spirit, high or not so high. May I suggest that you develop by keeping a pencil and paper nearby each day or so as you have a quiet time? It may constitute a door which is just about to open.

Automatic writing is like channeling. There are both trance and conscious. I am a conscious channel. In this method it is necessary to enter a light meditative state wherein you are aware but slightly out of sync with your body. Imagine going to sleep but not quite. Then hold this pose so to speak. If we learn to always connect to a spiritual plane which is above the astral then we need not worry about protections. This way we go above where foolish or malicious spirits are found. I think that automatic writing is the same as audio channeling. It seems so to me.

One thing for sure. Many refer to contacts as "spirit". I do not think this to be adequate. Our commonly contacted spiritual friends are human beings just like us, most of whom are on the high mental plane working between lifetimes. Yes there are higher, even master souls too but these seldom make direct contact with us here on Earth. They usually use an intermediary. But it is possible to know the name of a soul who is in contact with you. Think about this and perhaps, if you agree, you will discover who it is that you are communicating with. Lastly it is common for people to channel their own soul memories and, often without realizing it, simply write or talk about past life memories. These are more reasons to learn the art of spiritual discrimination. Once begun, the door opens and you will experience an expanded awareness (responsibility) which will require a higher ethical stance.

Forgive the lengthy post. I seem to always do that.

In this post I, James, began to write but then my guide, "Bartholomew" took over. It was he who wrote most of this.

In spiritual companionship,

James/Bartholomew
Old 29-04-2018, 02:12 AM
Master
Regarding Automatic writing. I do this from time to time.

You know the channeled messages subforum? When I attempt to write automatically, I normally try to use the method of receiving messages or if you will spiritual advice etc.

Like the way Bartholomew does with Bartholomew.

I tend to notice what comes to me are subjects I know a little of already, and most of the time what I receive is nothing new. So when I try it this way, I feel it is only I writing these things. I do not most times I try this method feel I am in contact with anything.

However recently I took this method and decided to try something different. Instead of starting with a random brainstorm on a subject like I previously had, I began to just intend to write a poem, while silencing the mind in meditation, and what came of it was a couple of poems in a style of writing I do not normally use. That is to say the content of the poems itself is never anything I'd consider writing a poem about. I didn't come up with a set idea for them, I didn't agonize too much over words, I just let the words come to me.

What I found was, it is much easier for myself to automatically write and feel it authentic, when I properly silence my mind and meditate while writing. I also found it easier to feel some authenticity when the automatic writing practice was used along with creative writing. At least for myself, personally speaking.

I also found that I truly enjoyed the poetry in it's final form, and whereas I used to work extra hard and I was a stickler to make sure my poetry was revised and revised, and I had to think quite a while to get ideas flowing, while I meditated while writing, the words simply seemed to come to me. There was no striving for that idea, because the whole idea of the exercise for me, was to see if I could contact, connect with something, or someone and to let them feed me the words. The ideas were there already. There was no longer any striving necessary.

And for this reason the work itself seemed more creative, flowing, and spontaneous. And felt very much less manufactured.

I found myself only changing a couple of words. Whereas before I would consider changing more than needed to be.

In this way, my creative writing at least, has found a certain freedom. Less worry, and I do not try too hard any longer.

It comes to me easier, and flows, and I have learned a great deal from this experience.
Old 29-04-2018, 02:31 AM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Regarding Automatic writing. I do this from time to time.

You know the channeled messages subforum? When I attempt to write automatically, I normally try to use the method of receiving messages or if you will spiritual advice etc.

Like the way Bartholomew does with Bartholomew.

I tend to notice what comes to me are subjects I know a little of already, and most of the time what I receive is nothing new. So when I try it this way, I feel it is only I writing these things. I do not most times I try this method feel I am in contact with anything.

However recently I took this method and decided to try something different. Instead of starting with a random brainstorm on a subject like I previously had, I began to just intend to write a poem, while silencing the mind in meditation, and what came of it was a couple of poems in a style of writing I do not normally use. That is to say the content of the poems itself is never anything I'd consider writing a poem about. I didn't come up with a set idea for them, I didn't agonize too much over words, I just let the words come to me.

What I found was, it is much easier for myself to automatically write and feel it authentic, when I properly silence my mind and meditate while writing. I also found it easier to feel some authenticity when the automatic writing practice was used along with creative writing. At least for myself, personally speaking.

I also found that I truly enjoyed the poetry in it's final form, and whereas I used to work extra hard and I was a stickler to make sure my poetry was revised and revised, and I had to think quite a while to get ideas flowing, while I meditated while writing, the words simply seemed to come to me. There was no striving for that idea, because the whole idea of the exercise for me, was to see if I could contact, connect with something, or someone and to let them feed me the words. The ideas were there already. There was no longer any striving necessary.

And for this reason the work itself seemed more creative, flowing, and spontaneous. And felt very much less manufactured.

I found myself only changing a couple of words. Whereas before I would consider changing more than needed to be.

In this way, my creative writing at least, has found a certain freedom. Less worry, and I do not try too hard any longer.

It comes to me easier, and flows, and I have learned a great deal from this experience.

Yes I can relate to what you express here. Regarding our inclinations to write about what we already know somewhat about I will say that it is my belief that these are products of, result from, our general astrological makeups.

I channeled a poem. Well I think it's a poem. Not sure. I call it poetic though. I posted it here on the forum somewhere a year or so ago. It's called "The Tears of Allah". I didn't put it in the Islamic sub forum. I am not Muslim and didn't want to intrude. I recall that it took about an hour and a half to write. During that period a strong flowing sensation kept me in focus. It came to me quickly. I had to write fast so I wouldn't forget. It was like a "rush". Now when I read it I can't imagine that it came from me. So this is, I'm pretty sure, a channeled work. I am a conscious channel but this little effort was not like anything Id done before.

My general area of interest, and channeling, is and always has been philosophy.

James
Old 14-08-2018, 02:13 PM
Newbie ;)

Poem

This poem is awesome.
Old 14-08-2018, 02:22 PM
Newbie ;)

writing

Writing is my hobby
Old 14-08-2018, 02:25 PM
Master
iv dun aotmaticc art i hav but art is a hobby i luv

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 14-08-2018, 02:36 PM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayahuascaretreat
Writing is my hobby

Mine too.... The true writer is never satisfied though. No matter how hard we try, how many edits we may make, we fall short of our own expectations. I get the feeling this is because we are visualizing something that is just a bit out of reach. We sense it but not quite.