Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 23-09-2006, 03:05 PM
~Jay~

Signs & symptoms of Kundalini awakening

http://www.elcollie.com/st/symptoms.html

Many individuals whose Kundalini has been unexpectedly unleashed DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING, and the prevailing social ignorance about this multidimensional transformative process makes it hard to find medical or alternative health practitioners or spiritual advisors who recognize the symptoms, particularly when they are strongly physical. Many people know that the risen Kundalini flings open gates to all sorts of mystical, paranormal and magical vistas but few realize it can also dramatically impact the body. A large percentage of our old Shared Transformation newsletter subscribers reported long bouts of strange illness as well as radical mental, emotional, interpersonal, psychic, spiritual and lifestyle changes. Over and again we hear stories of frustrating, sometimes desperate visits to doctors, healers, counselors, etc. who neither understood nor were able to help with the myriad pains and problems catalyzed by raging Kundalini.

The following are common manifestations of the risen Kundalini:

- Muscle twitches, cramps or spasms.

- Energy rushes or immense electricity circulating the body

- Itching, vibrating, prickling, tingling, stinging or crawling sensations

- Intense heat or cold

- Involuntary bodily movements (occur more often during meditation, rest or sleep): jerking, tremors, shaking; feeling an inner force pushing one into postures or moving one's body in unusual ways. (May be misdiagnosed as epilepsy, restless legs syndrome (RLS), or PLMD.)

- Alterations in eating and sleeping patterns

- Episodes of extreme hyperactivity or, conversely, overwhelming fatigue (some CFS victims are experiencing Kundalini awakening)

- Intensified or diminished sexual desires

- Headaches, pressures within the skull

- Racing heartbeat, pains in the chest

- Digestive system problems

- Numbness or pain in the limbs (particularly the left foot and leg)

- Pains and blockages anywhere; often in the back and neck (Many cases of FMS are Kundalini-related.)

- Emotional outbursts; rapid mood shifts; seemingly unprovoked or excessive episodes of grief, fear, rage, depression

- Spontaneous vocalizations (including laughing and weeping) -- are as unintentional and uncontrollable as hiccoughs

- Hearing an inner sound or sounds, classically described as a flute, drum, waterfall, birds singing, bees buzzing but which may also sound like roaring, whooshing, or thunderous noises or like ringing in the ears.

- Mental confusion; difficulty concentrating

- Altered states of consciousness: heightened awareness; spontaneous trance states; mystical experiences (if the individual's prior belief system is too threatened by these, they can lead to bouts of psychosis or self-grandiosity)

- Heat, strange activity, and/or blissful sensations in the head, particularly in the crown area.

- Ecstasy, bliss and intervals of tremendous joy, love, peace and compassion

- Psychic experiences: extrasensory perception; out-of-body experiences; pastlife memories; astral travel; direct awareness of auras and chakras; contact with spirit guides through inner voices, dreams or visions; healing powers

- Increased creativity: new interests in self-expression and spiritual communication through music, art, poetry, etc.

- Intensified understanding and sensitivity: insight into one's own essence; deeper understanding of spiritual truths; exquisite awareness of one's environment (including "vibes" from others)

- Enlightenment experiences: direct Knowing of a more expansive reality; transcendent awareness

__________________________________________________ _______________

http://www.spiritualcompetency.com/b...dalinitype.htm

1. Pranic movements or kriyas
Prana is the Hindu word for vital energy. As intense energy moves through the body and clears out physiological blocks, some people experience intense involuntary, jerking movements of the body, including shaking, vibrations, spasm and contraction.

2. Yogic Phenomena
Some people find themselves performing yogic postures or hand mudra gestures which they have never learned or could not do in a normal state of consciousness. Similarly, they may produce Sanskrit words or sounds. Unusual breathing patterns may appear with either very rapid or slow, shallow breathing. Some people may not breathe at all for extended periods.

3. Physiological Symptoms
Kundalini awakening often generates unusual physiological activity which can present as heart, spinal, gastrointestinal, or neurological problems. Internal sensations of burning, hypersensitivity to sensory input, hyperactivity or lethargy, great variations in sexual desire, and even spontaneous orgasm have been reported.

4. Psychological Upheaval
Emotions can swing from feelings of anxiety, guilt, and depression (with bouts of uncontrollable weeping) to compassion, love, and joy.

5. Extrasensory Experiences
Some people experience visions of lights, symbols, spiritual entities. Auditory sensations may include hearing voices, music, inner sounds or mantras. There may also be disruption of the proprioceptive system, with loss of a sense of self as a body, or an out of the body experience.

6. Psychic Phenomena
A person may experience precognition, telepathy, psychokinesis, awareness of auras and healing abilities.

7. Mystical States of Consciousness
A person may shift into altered states of consciousness where they directly perceive the unity underlying the world of separation and experience a deep peace and serenity. (see Karin Hannigan, Ph.D. for additional description of these)
Old 23-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Master
Jaycee, thanks for posting this here. What I've been thinking about lately is how many of these symptoms closely resemble the symptoms of bipolar disorder. Makes me wonder how many people who've been diagnosed as BP...aren't really BP.

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 24-09-2006, 02:59 AM
Pounamu

In my ascension school experience, we were taught how to call up and move the kundalini / Fire Element energy to both clear karmic problems within the body and to nourish and support every cell... but there are those I have talked to who kept strictly to the old view that kundalini was only to be moved strictly in accordance with a traditional guru's instruction, and doing anything else was highly dangerous, and not to be contemplated. Of course as Jaycee notes above, spontaneous flaring of kundalini can take place, and will likely become more common, now that Earth is pushing for ascension.

I am here to tell you that things have changed.... the movement of kundalini wil be guided and assisted by Mother Earth's angels if you call upon them to do so, as the kundalini energies are a natural purifying aspect of the Fire Element, and necessary for the purification and refining of the body, and for burning off one's own karma, once it has been forgiven and the spiritual lesson it carries, absorbed. At ascension school, we learnt to move the kundalini every day in meditation. Only when the kundalini reaches all the body, can one transform the body structure to the new crystalline structure and continue one's ascent. Naturally it is highly desireable to have had some instruction as to the techniques and reasons for doing this - it then makes the process more conscious.

Pounamu
Old 24-09-2006, 07:41 PM
e-ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Goose
Jaycee, thanks for posting this here. What I've been thinking about lately is how many of these symptoms closely resemble the symptoms of bipolar disorder. Makes me wonder how many people who've been diagnosed as BP...aren't really BP.

I agree.. I think that a lot of cases of psychosis and mental health disorder could well be cases of spiritual emergency or kundalini. Such a shame that mainstream medicine doesn't recognise it.

I found out that the psychedelic experience can closely mimic a Kundalini Awakening - I was convinced that I had awakened my Kundalini for about six months, before realizing that it was all after-effects of having overdosed on psychedelics.
Old 24-09-2006, 01:11 PM
dreamer

This might be a useful link.

www.swamij.com/kundalini-awakening-3.htm
Old 24-09-2006, 09:52 PM
BLAIR2BE

the medical community is "designed" to quickly diagnose and treat anything that is out of the ordinary, for several reasons...
-money (duh, this is why the world is "plagued" with "disorders")
-to supress spiritual discovery and empowerment (method of control)(its never a spiritual issue, its always a damn "disorder")

*huge multi-national, multi-billion dollar company: somthing wrong with ya?? well we just discovered, that's a disorder!...and here is the treatment (note: not a cure, no never a cure, a treatment
Old 24-09-2006, 11:00 PM
rose

it reminds me of a physical detox where you have to undergo worse symptoms to get better.

these headaches are just getting ridiculous though...
Old 25-09-2006, 08:18 AM
Master
There is another issue here, raising kundalini energy is not a joke, this is a science and should only be undertaken under guidance from a real master, and there are not many of them!
The dangers to the mind and body are very real. People do tend to mess around with these things without any real knowledge other than a book and no real protection.
Think about this would you walk into a nuclear power station and pick up `the penguin book of power` and start twiddling the switches?

Be careful folks please
Old 25-09-2006, 11:44 AM
rose

thanks for your concern peteyzen :)
Old 25-09-2006, 12:18 PM
~Jay~

To be honest, I don't understand why anyone would want to deliberately awaken their K-energy, especially if they'd read a list like that one I posted above!!! IMO, these things are not to be messed with, and will be a natural progression of your 'spiritual path' if you remain focussed and dedicated for long enough. Well, that's been my experience anyway.

Personally, mine became unmistakable in Feb/Mar of this year, after an intense period of learning about Christ conciousness (amongst other things) on another forum. All the participants of that thread felt the high energies, it was amazing. During that time frame, my root chakra started to buzz/vibrate, a feeling which lasted several weeks, and I had lots of other classic symptoms with it. It disappears for a while, then comes back - normally during another intense period of learning.

I've had a couple of times of my body being moved into a different position involuntary - although I've been let off lightly compared to other people! In fact, my whole experience has been fairly tame, which I believe is partly to do with the fact I haven't forced it, and let it take it's natural course. One time I did manage to move the vibration from my root to my heart chakra, but haven't really tried it again since.
Closed Thread