Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 07-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Master
ummm...or should that be 'groupies' instead of 'young-ins'....oh yeh...we have "edit" back....HaHa...
Old 07-01-2011, 11:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
Sorry but to me all it needs is a little more care and attention (this is me the member talking not me the staff). Nobody needs more than 15 mins to realise they've posted something they shouldn't have done in the first place, even in the very heat of the moment. But even so like I've said and like Deusdrums said, proof read. But lets be honest here - until the function was turned off, it's not been an issue so whats the problem now?

Nothing... just a suggestion, and I'm personally happy with the 15 mins.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Jules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Nothing... just a suggestion, and I'm personally happy with the 15 mins.
okies. thanks
Old 07-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Jules

Aww NS that's lovely thank you :) xxx ... and you be a groupie or a young un all you want - we don't mind, we're an all age family forum here hehe x
Old 09-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Master
Actually, I wanted to add something to a post I just made, but the edit function had disappeared, so 15 mins isn't long enough. I recommend 24 hours.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Master
With every respect I agree that the edit time-frame is definitely too short also ... what I have also noticed is that the list of New posts is regenerated much quicker than what it used to be in the past and as a result I find I am missing many new posts ...
Old 11-01-2011, 09:46 AM
Master
if i wanted to delete my post, i can't after 15 minutes.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
With every respect I agree that the edit time-frame is definitely too short also ... what I have also noticed is that the list of New posts is regenerated much quicker than what it used to be in the past and as a result I find I am missing many new posts ...

We have extended the edit period for a post to now be 5 hours. We feel this is ample amount of time for a poster to edit a post if they find some spelling or grammatical errors.

However we strongly ask that anyone who posts to think long and hard about what they are posting before they make their posts. Our members, when replying, take a lot of time and effort to make out a reply that will help the member in their situation. For the poster to then just decide they want to up and delete what they have said after the replies have been made make the thread look weird, and in some cases not make sense.

So please really think about what you want to say before you say it. If we find too many posts just being edited out we will think hard about turning the edit function back down again.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
We have extended the edit period for a post to now be 5 hours. We feel this is ample amount of time for a poster to edit a post if they find some spelling or grammatical errors.

However we strongly ask that anyone who posts to think long and hard about what they are posting before they make their posts. Our members, when replying, take a lot of time and effort to make out a reply that will help the member in their situation. For the poster to then just decide they want to up and delete what they have said after the replies have been made make the thread look weird, and in some cases not make sense.

So please really think about what you want to say before you say it. If we find too many posts just being edited out we will think hard about turning the edit function back down again.

All sounds plenty reasonable. Happy dayz and many thanks from me.