Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Closed Thread

Old 15-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Troll_ov_Grimness

You guys need to merge some forums

Specifically the ones relating to shamanism

Spiritualism, Shamanism, Taoism, Shinto, Muism, Astral Projection, Spirit Guides, whatever.. any forum relating to spiritism and shamanism should be in one forum

also included light-workers, reiki, therapeutic touch, laying-on-of-hands, all discussion of this nature belongs in one forum

there's so many forums relating to the same thing I am lost and don't know where to post

glaring example is 'mediumship' and shamanism are the same thing
Old 15-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Enya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll_ov_Grimness
glaring example is 'mediumship' and shamanism are the same thing

Well, speaking as a medium and a shamanic practitioner... no, they're not. Both deal with the spirit realms, sure, but have different approaches and teachings.

While putting related subjects under one heading may seem logical, it would only lead to confusion. Sub-headings are needed, imho.

Not that I'm anything to do with the mods...
Old 15-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Master
I would have to agree with Enya that those groups should not be merged into one lump group such as shamanism.

Astral projection and shamanism are not exclusive to each other. Shamanism uses a process that is called journeying. Journeying is done through the use of drums, rattles, chants, and other things depending on what the journeyers tastes. Journeying also may involve the seeking of a totem animal to accompany the shaman.

Astral projection may not use any tool to help the individual and may be done on the projectors whims. A lot of times the shaman that is journeying has a specific goal in mind. The astral projector may not.

And yes, they are just crude basic examples and may not fully reflect the actual practitioner.
Old 15-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Troll_ov_Grimness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
Well, speaking as a medium and a shamanic practitioner... no, they're not. Both deal with the spirit realms, sure, but have different approaches and teachings.

While putting related subjects under one heading may seem logical, it would only lead to confusion. Sub-headings are needed, imho.

Not that I'm anything to do with the mods...

Korean and Japanese shamanism is mediumship

that is what they are
Old 15-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Enya

Quote:
Korean and Japanese shamanism is mediumship

that is what they are
Fair enough - but in Britain, shamanism and mediumship are understood as something quite separate.
Old 15-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Troll_ov_Grimness

well, anthropological fact : they're not
Old 15-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Troll_ov_Grimness

Taoism is Chinese indigenous shamanism

I realize it is a unique variation, but they seek the same thing as shamans do

I think if you took all of the shamanic traditions and squared them off together in one forum you would see interesting results
Old 15-04-2012, 10:14 PM
Master
May be an idea to disregard individual folder/forum names TovG, and just concentrate on threads you like/appeal to you that are in any forum.
Old 15-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Troll_ov_Grimness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podshell
May be an idea to disregard individual folder/forum names TovG, and just concentrate on threads you like/appeal to you that are in any forum.

I take issue with posting to such a segregated audience I don't know where I should take any of my thoughts
Old 16-04-2012, 02:45 AM
Master
Quote:
I take issue with posting to such a segregated audience I don't know where I should take any of my thoughts

Its unfortunate that you feel that way, but the forum cannot cater to each individual members requirements as there are thousands of members on this site. you must of seen how the forum was set out before you made the decision to join it?...yes?.... and you still chose to join it.

I don't see us as segregated in anyway, the forum is open for me or any other member (apart for some sections to newbies) to view, any of the threads are available for me to read if I so wish to read them...

It is up to you as a member to place your threads or posts in the most appropriate or close to appropriate thread to suit your views within the structure of the forum as it is.....taking exception to how it is after the fact is really futile....wouldn't you agree?...