Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 23-07-2017, 01:23 AM
Master
thanks django. i'd prefer that things could be resolved quickly, or even
instantaneously if possible, lol. if we were to think of joy as being a location,
then there might be a significant time interval required to travel there... but the
choice of which direction to travel might be accomplished in the blink of an eye!
Old 23-07-2017, 05:44 PM
Master

Book1

A lot of smart things have been said on this thread... In thinking about it I just wanted to spell out a couple of things that are never actually said by anyone though. I don't know the reason they aren't said...

first, there was a reason the sabbath was instituted. Taking time to have hands off, not do anything related to whatever goal even including planning for it, can be a very beneficial thing. The original take on the day was not to do anything not even move about very much... and I can sorta see advantages even to that although I don't do it.

second, to achieve a goal sometimes you have to go in the opposite direction to the one it seems 'sensible' to go in. It is in some way like rubber bands, if they are tangled and you keep pulling on them it doesn't help; they remain tangled and you can't do much about it because of all the tension. So you quit pulling and then there is room to unweave one from the other... Or it is like being at a high peak and wanting to climb to the next higher one... you can't directly go up because you haven't yet learned to fly, so what you do is go down into the valley and look for the path to the higher peak.

by the way that phrase you hate so much can be useful in certain circumstances. It doesn't *have* to mean to give up