Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 04-04-2011, 05:42 PM
Rave845

Quote:
Originally Posted by feralfae
As others have said: Be close to Mother Earth, respect nature, let them know you wish to communicate, and spend time outdoors.

Some things that won't "get you there" by themselves, but that can help with everything from showing respect to aiding with focus are:
  • Say/think a message of gratitude for the gifts they give you
    If you have a garden, keep a small portion rof it wild
    Bring a bag with you to pick up trash
    Donate time or money to a nature/animal charity
    Start keeping a nature journal
    Study information on Faeries, Elementals, and Nature Spirits
    Study attributes of plants, animals, minerals, and the elements
    Actively invite them into your life
    Hold the willingness/intention to have them in your life
    Ask your diety/god/spirit/the universe to send them into your life
    Hang pictures or put figurines of them in your living space

As far as focusing help goes, try meditating with on the seven-pointed star, otherwise known as the Fairie Star, Elven Star, and Heptagram-- as it is associated with Faerie.

There are also Faerie Oracle Decks put out by Brian Froud, Doreen Virtue, and Amy Brown, among others. The only two I own are The Fairies Oracle by Brian Froud and Amy Brown's. Personally, I prefer the Brian Froud deck as I find it to be less vague. I also feel that the Amy Brown Deck concentrates mostly on aspects deemed as "positive" while glossing over the aspects deemed as "negative". But that's just my pesonal opinion as it pertains to me. Different people have different experiences with different decks.

There are also Oracle Decks concerned with Animal and Plant Spirits. Steven Farmer, Ted Andrews, and David Carson & Jamie Sams, among others, have put out decks focusing on Nature Spirits. The only one of these I own is: Medicine Cards by David Carson and Jamie Sams. But I loved it so much that I have two copies-- my first and the later, expanded edition.

There is also a deck called Celtic Tree Oracle, which looks lovely and has good reviews, but I don't own a copy. It is based on the ancient celtic alphabet, Ogham (pronounced Oh-am), which associated each letter with a tree and each tree with certain attributes.

Also read up on the subject. I highly recommend:
  • Healing with the Fairies by Doreen Virtue
  • Animal Speak by Ted Andrews
  • Nature Speak by Ted Andrews
  • Anything by Brian Froud

Many standard wicca/craft/pagan books also have information. Art books by fantasy artists are good for inspiration.

While it doesn't work like that, Irish tradition holds that touching a four-leaf clover or looking through a naturally occuring hole in a stone will grant you the Sight.

And most of all, trust your experience. That's still the hardest part for me to do. If you feel that a message, thought, object, lesson, or other gift are from them-- trust it. Obviously, use common sense. No good being would ask you to cause harm to yourself or others, nor would a helpful entity put another being in any kind of peril. But as humans, we are sometimes so skeptical and pessimistic that we are unwilling to believe we are recieving exactly the blessings we asked for.

Whoa, this a seriously long post. Sorry
Wow, you have some amazing stuff here! I have lots to look up! hahah I guess everyone experience is different. I like how you say put stuff up in your house, because it's kinda like a vision board. That would make sense, because the more I focus on it...the more I'll attract it. Yes, I've heart tons about these card I'll probably get a deck. Going to go look up this stuff now. I really really appreciate it:) So nice of you. BTW... What the best experience you've had w/ fae?
Old 04-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Ciqala

they take people into their ranks, (hehe can't believe i just used that terminology) when said people are earth conscious, they are attracted to those who assist them in healing the earth, and will hang around those who are devoted to the natural environments and such.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:24 AM
Mira

Some very interesting and useful information here, thank you for sharing
Old 09-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Master
I wander "the last wilderness in England" [ E.U. description] so, naturally, the spirits I attract tend to be a rough and ready lot just like me
Old 27-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Pheonix

The best way to attact them is to bring kindness to the plant kingdom. This can be done by gardening, putting crystals in the garden or those sparkly loops that shine in the sun. Repotting a plant that is overgrown and needs tending to. Those kind of things.

The Elementals look favourably on people who do this. Please be reminded not to throw your rubbish for example cigarette butts on the ground. Like people you wouldn't do this in your own house.

I saw an elemental peeping at me behind the tree, he came to me and showed himself to be a cat, I went with him and he guided me to over the fence where he resides. They are lovable but boy if you dare mistreat plants watch out for an attack.
Old 30-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Jazlan

I'm so happy to see people loving the elemental kingdom and mother earth ahhhhhhh! I am new here so forgive my--- giddiness... (is that a word?).

Whenever you dance, invite the earth - whenever you cook, create, sing, celebrate, invite the mother earth to the party. When we invite her into our lives she feels it and she loves it. I know in my heart that the mother earth loves to participate and be included in our joy.