Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 28-02-2019, 09:45 PM
Seeker

Kundalini Yoga- Kirtan Kriya

Hello all,

I’m a week in to a 22minute daily Kirtan Kriya. In my life Iv overcome a terrible sex addiction , but since starting the Kriya this old behaviour is rampant in me but I’m not acting out on it. Has anyone any info about if the Kriya bringing out old patterns of behaviour, is it normal?? And does it last long .

Thank you so much for reading my post
Old 03-03-2019, 08:35 AM
ant

Hey Gar,

Kirtan Kriya,is not going to change your miindset or anything,You must alter your own way of thinking.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:51 PM
ant

I read somewhere quite recently that those with addictive behaviours,habits etc,who seem to forever chase a high,a feeling and always out of reach,that they are more spiritually aware than others and always seeking answers,a compensate,well,a bandaid for the 'hole in the soul'.

They sense that something is missing but don't know what it is. They long for relief from the aching void inside ... but they're confused,always searching and seeking.....

Old patterns of behaviour surfacing are obviously unresolved.

Search for the value, meaning and purpose hidden within the behaviour surfacing and why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyman Beecher
Conscience thunders, remorse goads, and as the gulf opens before him, he recoils and trembles, and weeps and prays, and resolves and promises and reforms, and “seeks it yet again”; again resolves and weeps and prays, and “seeks it yet again.” Wretched man, he has placed himself in the hands of a giant who never pities and never relaxes his iron gripe. He may struggle, but he is in chains. He may cry for release, but it comes not; and Lost! Lost! May be inscribed upon the door-posts of his dwelling.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gar81
Hello all,

I’m a week in to a 22minute daily Kirtan Kriya. In my life Iv overcome a terrible sex addiction , but since starting the Kriya this old behaviour is rampant in me but I’m not acting out on it. Has anyone any info about if the Kriya bringing out old patterns of behaviour, is it normal?? And does it last long .

Thank you so much for reading my post

It is quite natural for spiritual practices to bring old patterns to the surface to be released. This may confuse some people, who find themselves having to deal with aspects of themselves they thought they had left behind.

So maybe observe what is arising in you without judgement. The sex impulse can be very strong but try to remain as the witness without getting caught up in it.

Alternatively, if you remain mindful then you can stop these sexual thoughts as they arise. If you dwell on them and feed them energy then they will persist. If you don't give your attention to these thoughts then they will wither away.

And there is nothing wrong with sex, but life is a lot easier if we control our sex drive rather than having our sex drive dictating our life.

How long will it last? Who knows. But like everything else, it will pass.

Peace.
Old 31-07-2019, 11:56 PM
Seeker

Kundalini Yoga is very powerful, I practiced it myself. I highly recommend Maya Fiennes as a teacher. You have chosen a powerful spiritual practice.
Old 10-12-2019, 03:15 AM
Master

My guess would be that yoga is stimulating your chakras .
Old 23-12-2019, 08:28 AM
Ascender
The last time I was doing a lot of kriya, I woke up one morning and said I was done eating meat and stopped for 2 years. Quitting meat was something I had been dabbling with for a bit but it seems the energy from kriya gave me the strength to make the best decision for myself.

There is a lot of power that can be woken up from within this practice. It helps you come from a place of totally believing in yourself. So good on you for staying strong. And even with going back to old habits, there is always time to get back on track.
Old 12-09-2020, 05:05 AM
Newbie ;)

Kundalini is one of the most spiritual types of yoga. It brings health wellness and joy.Kundalini Yoga tranforms your life completely by utilizing movement, sound, breath, and meditation to relax and restore your mind and body while improving strength, flexibility, and endurance.
Old 28-03-2021, 02:46 PM
Suspended

Kundalini yoga awakens our yoga sleep opens our 7 chakras
Old 08-06-2021, 06:49 PM
jaydenjones

Kundalini Yoga is very powerful, I practiced it myself. I highly recommend *deleted*. You have chosen a powerful spiritual practice.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 29-06-2021 at 06:36 AM. Reason: No self promoting, read Rules under FAQ