Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 16-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Experiencer
Help me understand my dream about a native american symbol and ''flying''

Could you help me shed some light on the meaning of dream?

I made a drawing of a symbol occuring in it.

I saw something that looked like this flashing several times in my dreams.
It's a hand with a thump up holding a flying broom, or stick.

In my dream I was driven high up a schoolbuilding by ex-collegeas, teachers, and other peers, I reached a point where I couldn't run anymore and suddenly my dream become more lucid.

I realized I was dreaming so I decided to free myself. I threw a rock at the window and jumped out of it, mid-air I grew wings and flew high up in the sky and around the building. I even flew through the building to tease those that couldn't catch me now, lol. Then a woman said that she only wanted to warn of an upcoming storm. As I flew in the sky again, the storm catched me.

Being somewhat lucid I skipped the part where I got killed by the storm.

Suddenly I was in the form of a teenager who had broken into this school building with a group of his friends. They were telling a scary story about a native american man, my dream persona, who died in the abovementioned way decades agoo.

The hallway was dark and there was a storm outside. When a lightening flashed it suddenly brightened the dark hallway and I saw the apparition of myself that got killed by the storm. The apparition of me had big dark wings.

The teenager got scared and jokingly got his way out of the building.
By the exit a native man was waiting for me and I heard native ritual singing in the background.

The man explained that the stick was a way to fly, like witches fly a broom.
And that the hand holding a stick was a native symbol for flying and that I have been giving this symbol, this ability.

Can you please help me understand what he ment with flying? Astral projection or remote viewing?

I am not a NA by the way.

Thank you,

Peace
Old 20-10-2012, 12:32 AM
Master
It looks like the way you hold a staff to me..........When I practiced shamanic journeying I use to go into the trance with a staff in hand.

From dreammoods website:

Staff

To see a staff in your dream indicates that you are looking for reassurance and support for your decisions. Alternatively, a staff represents a journey, either spiritually or physically.

Flying

To dream that you are flying signifies a sense of freedom where you had initially felt restricted and limited
Old 03-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Master
On first seeing your drawing, I thought of this:

Although your second finger is curled, instead of angled out,,,

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 07-11-2012, 08:28 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer_love

In my dream I was driven high up a schoolbuilding by ex-collegeas, teachers, and other peers, I reached a point where I couldn't run anymore and suddenly my dream become more lucid.

I realized I was dreaming so I decided to free myself. I threw a rock at the window and jumped out of it, mid-air I grew wings and flew high up in the sky and around the building. I even flew through the building to tease those that couldn't catch me now, lol. Then a woman said that she only wanted to warn of an upcoming storm. As I flew in the sky again, the storm catched me.

Suddenly I was in the form of a teenager who had broken into this school building with a group of his friends. They were telling a scary story about a native american man, my dream persona, who died in the abovementioned way decades agoo.

The hallway was dark and there was a storm outside. When a lightening flashed it suddenly brightened the dark hallway and I saw the apparition of myself that got killed by the storm. The apparition of me had big dark wings.

By the exit a native man was waiting for me and I heard native ritual singing in the background.

And that the hand holding a stick was a native symbol for flying and that I have been giving this symbol, this ability.

Can you please help me understand what he ment with flying? Astral projection or remote viewing?

Thank you,

Peace

This feels like a connection to *when your dreams fly*....it feels to me that the symbol of the stick and hand is something being handed to you in the space of breaking free to fufil a dream of some kind...in real life.

Going back to an old school building shows some connection of revisiting a space where you went up higher in that space..and the storm and the missed space of being killed seems signifcant....Its like their is a space in their missing that you will face at some point to bring this new dream alive...
The dark wings I see transforming in this space..into your the new tool you are about to bring into being...

There is some aspects of fear, being afraid..I suspect it links to something around the time of your teenage years..when the dream was alive..but you lost connection to it at that point of your journey...symbolic of the native man dying....

And now he has come back to bring you that gift with insight into how you can let go and open to it...

Namaste..
Old 07-11-2012, 08:30 AM
silent whisper

double post..
Old 09-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Racer X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer_love

Those around try to "build" you (false idea of you) up. You know in your heart it is wrong so you run. (attempt to break free)

I realized(Higher Self is now Awakened) I was dreaming so I decided to free myself. I threw a rock at the window and jumped out of it, mid-air I grew wings and flew high up in the sky and around the building. I even flew through the building to tease those that couldn't catch me now, lol. Then a woman said that she only wanted to warn of an upcoming storm. As I flew in the sky again, the storm catched me.

The Storm(Subconscious upheavel) is coming! It must arise in all who wish to be free. Make CONSCIOUS all that is Unconscious! Allow it to rise , allow the storminess to be ...... yet do not allow it CONTROL. Learn to Master ACCEPTANCE in every situation. Mindfulness, Meditation, Reflection , will all aid in this~

The old you (EGO) is indeed destroyed by the storm. What remains after your illusionary self is destroyed? Only what is TRUE, the True Self remains~

I sense a Great Divine Lesson coming......

The Shadow Archetype.....

The Teacher Archetype.....

The stick represents all TRUTH , The Hand holding on to it is YOUR Consciousness holding on to TRUTH, no matter the storms fury. You are Now Aware of Freedom in Consciousness.

No..... and Yes...... and neither and both and more. Flying is a simple representation of INNER FREEDOM.

Thank you,

Peace

thats all folks~
Old 28-01-2013, 02:19 PM
MyBodyGuard

for everything you dreamed about, ask yourself, "What does a storm represent to me?", "What does a scary NA represent to me?", "What does flying represent to me?"

Schools can represent stress and pressure (exams) and storms can represent danger and change. NAs can represent people who are suppose to be more grounded.

Perhaps you are under pressure to find yourself and make a life for yourself but you need more self-exploration into who you are first so you make the right choice in the direction you want to go (fly).
Old 14-02-2013, 08:51 AM
Ciqala

Your image reminds me of this:

This is called Idle No More, it is an amazing revolution involving first nations people of Canada right now.

It is all about the coming of the new age. People are standing up against the government and are trying to heal the earth, fighting against a terrible bill. All races are coming together now. It means IDLE NO MORE! Which means for people to stop sitting around and finally do something to help their fellow relatives and mother earth!

I doubt your dream is literal as first nations people never rode broomsticks LoL. I think it means to fly in the sense to be powerful and wise like the eagle.

Storms are very powerful in my culture. They represent the Thunderbeings, which represent transformation.
Having big black wings represents shapeshifting into either a Raven or a Thunderbird even. Which is always a good omen, and signifies you have some very powerful changes coming your way.

I'd say "fly" represents ascension. And perhaps you are to grow your own set of wings to assist the thunderbeings in the earth changes.

This image is created by Andy Everson a famous artist here in the komoks tribe - coast salish.

http://www.andyeverson.com/

Also I have one of these images on a pin, so it is inside a circle just like your image.
Old 24-02-2013, 09:45 AM
Experiencer
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

The past half year has been an divine inner journey for me.

Still going through difficult inner struggles to untie myself from my egoic views of reality and transcend into a higher perspective.

It's time to take things to another level. I just came back from a silent retreat and plan on doing a ''vision quest'' next.

Ciqala,

I noticed the similarity between the symbols. I am also part of the movement, though not actively protesting in an outer way (yet). Maybe I can organize some sort of manifestation in my country..

I am very actively protesting in an inner way against the inner tyranny of the ego though. The changes are all inner and spiritual first, in my opinion.