Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 29-09-2013, 08:40 PM
keith95843

I asked this question not to start a arguement but more to make you think about the simplicity of that life style of life. Our native brothers and sisters lived a far better life then after the white snake arrived . Sure life was tough its still tough thats what make us strong. Open your minds and see the beauty of how life once was. now we send our old to nursing homes were there is no life put me on road to die
Old 29-09-2013, 09:59 PM
Deactivated Account
Living simple in my experience helps in spiritual growth. Being a truck driver. Living in a truck in a simple manner has helped my growth dramicaly. So I'm sure your right.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 30-09-2013, 02:06 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith95843
If all the people lived as our native people did ?.... your comments please

Our world would be more spiritual. For example, most people in our modern day world are so spiritually disconnected from the killing involved in eating all types of foods because we don't normally do the killing ourselves for 100% of the food we eat, but if we lived as the natives, we would realize that life feeds from other life and we would give prayers of thanks for all animals lives involved in our rice, wheat, soy, corn and other crops that caused the killing of hundreds of animals (gophers, rabbits, birds, insects, etc.) each time these crops are harvested so that we can eat these crops.

As hunters, the natives were very positively spiritual role models in their hunting practices which involved giving prayers of thanks for all the animals' souls who gave their bodies for food. This spiritual way of consuming food would apply in today's modern day world for all the animal killings involved in our plant food crops.
Old 30-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamode
. This spiritual way of consuming food would apply in today's modern day world for all the animal killings involved in our plant food crops.
As I have said on another thread, to grow vegetables to eat does not require you to kill any animals. You can if you want (insecticide etc) but there is no need whatsoever.
Old 30-09-2013, 04:08 PM
Suspended
We live in an over populated world. As our population increases more land is taken for crop production and livestock production. That means habitat loss and extinction of more animal species.
Old 30-09-2013, 07:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Not all tribes grew crops. Sorry that is not correct. Some did but not all.

As has been established the Apache did not follow a horticulturalist regime due to the harshness of their environment, but other tribes did.

You contradict that? Kindly identify these tribes...

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 30-09-2013, 07:39 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
We live in an over populated world. As our population increases more land is taken for crop production and livestock production. That means habitat loss and extinction of more animal species.

Excellent post.

Man wants it all! Maybe man's thoughtlessness, greed and cruelty will bring a (self-inflicted) curse upon 'his' head...To have it all - alone.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 30-09-2013, 08:01 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
As has been established the Apache did not follow a horticulturalist regime due to the harshness of their environment, but other tribes did.

I think the apaches grew pumpkins and some other things at one time.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 30-09-2013, 08:28 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion

Many of the tribes foraged for wild foods to include root vegetables like wild potatoes and wild carrots, berries and wild wheat rather than plant and cultivate any. This would include the Wyiot, Kiowa, Cheyenne to name a few. Any of the nomadic tribes such as the Shoshone did not grow crops since they did not stay in one place long. They followed the buffalo.

Many of the tribes existed on roots, berries, and a lot of buffalo meat when it was available.

Pacific indians existed on a lot of salmon.

It's been a long time since I studied the Indians so my memory is not as good as it used to. Wish I could be more definitive.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:38 AM
Deactivated Account
Well if I had a time machine and was able to go back in time and be a Native American. I would certainly choose if I could to be nomadic. Ever since I can remember I have enjoyed thinking about moving around. Truck driving solves that for me. The peace I feel from the travel is beyond other things for me. I often day dream what it would be like to do it on foot or horseback. I love walking. I enjoy riding horses. Something I hadn't done since I was young. But I remember. My but still hurts. Lol. Walking is what I would prefer. We or at least me is made to walk and physically exert myself. Its soothing and building to my soul and mind. In my life I make a point to exercise a great deal. Walking is out of the question because I don't have enough time to exhaust myself. So I run and run. Lol. Through truck stops, rest stops, and some neighborhoods I probably shouldn't of. Lol. How did you get here a guy asks me one particular time. Oh I jogged from the truck stop. He shakes his head. Heck, what do I know. And for some reason nobody ever bothers me anyways. So I just laugh. And do my thing.

Yeah, living in simple ways and off the land would be golden. Its what I'm aiming to do. Problem is I'm enjoying the traveling life style in my truck. Lol. So I'm gonna be buying land to live my dream down the road. Land that I can do some growing and hunting on and near by. But no house. I'm gonna have a camper on my pick up truck. In case I'm to addicted to the traveling I can get up and go. From camp site to camp site with a fishing pole. 50 pound bag of beans. 50 pound bag of rice. Simple and fun. Care free! That's my dream. Actually I'm kinda living it already in a way.

Oh yeah. It seems I'm off the topic. Oh well this is what came to me from contemplating it today.

Wherever I May Roam