Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 26-08-2016, 09:29 PM
Experiencer
Different Social Class

Just wondering if you would pursue a relationship with someone whom is "out of your league" ... think, heaven and earth ...
Old 27-08-2016, 12:33 AM
Burntfruit

In the old days, I would think it was fine. No such thing as class and all that. These days I am more withdrawn, and probably would not bother.

Play it cool maybe? Try and get her/him to come to you?
Old 27-08-2016, 05:01 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalTrav
Just wondering if you would pursue a relationship with someone whom is "out of your league" ... think, heaven and earth ...

Hmm the thread title says 'different social class', but the expression 'out of your league' is typically used in reference to someone who is perceived to be of a certain degree of physical attractiveness that there is a feeling of the two individuals not being a suitable 'match' on that level (physical compatibility/attraction)...

Can you clarify the circumstances that you are inquring about? If this is about socioecomic backgrounds then I hardly see that as any barrier or impediment for two mature individuals coming together and sharing some kind of meaningful relationship...

Last edited by wolfgaze : 27-08-2016 at 07:20 AM.
Old 27-08-2016, 05:53 AM
Master
Quote:

No, i would never pursue a relationship with you.
Old 27-08-2016, 06:49 AM
Deactivated Account
Bunny Self esteem

Quote:
Not sure what "heaven and earth" means but..........
IMO and experience, once a person works on or improves their self esteem and self respect NOBODY is out of their league. If anything, such a self respecting person might find it difficult to find another self respecting person to love & relate to.
Old 27-08-2016, 06:50 AM
Master
When you say "out of your league", I feel there is a sense of inferiority towards the other person. Sadly, society has labelled us depending on our income, social status and appearances.

If a personality cannot see what's underneath the surface, then they are not worth pursuing.
Old 27-08-2016, 07:06 AM
Seeker

Labels don't matter. People do.

My husband grew up in a council house with very little money. I grew up in a house where every solution was to pay someone to sort it out - we had a gardener, decorators, cleaners etc. Socially our upbringings were miles apart. Once I turned 18 however, like every other student, I had to look after myself whilst at university.

We're very happy. I love his friends, they're solid, reliable, and lovely whereas my friendship groups are larger but less intimate, more social acquaintances than true friends. We run a business together now so we're tied in every way - a mortgage, children, a dog and a business. And we still get along. Take a chance.
Old 27-08-2016, 07:15 AM
Deactivated Account
Angel1 We're very happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Eris
We're very happy.
IMO, this is all that really matters.
Old 27-08-2016, 02:26 PM
Suspended

If I were single and looking, someone's social class wouldn't bother me at all if I felt a genuine connection with the person and the feelings were mutual...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope33
If a personality cannot see what's underneath the surface, then they are not worth pursuing.

I agree! :)
Old 28-08-2016, 06:50 AM
Master
Quote:

Do you mean Angel and human?