Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 11-04-2018, 08:09 PM
Pathfinder
powerful mindfullness?

Bringing our minds back to present anytime any day as much as we can

and just being aware of where we are and then thing about our inhale and exhale feeling the stomach

Is this as effective as meditation? some of us with adhd and other mental issues have trouble with meditation but mildfulness seems to work for us
Old 11-04-2018, 09:00 PM
Master
To me, meditation works best if done in the traditional sense.. sitting cross legged (helps discipline the body), relaxing whole body slowly, and then the mind. It works best for me if combined with yoga. Of course, 'being' can be practised throughout the day and follows logically if you practice spirituality... being aware of breathing, relaxation, not identifying with thoughts, understanding lower feelings such as anger for what they are, etc.

But you try things out, don't rely on what we say.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:25 PM
Master

Like Altair, I am a great advocate of traditional meditation, sitting cross-legged and stilling the body and the mind. But I recognise that sitting with an over-active mind which would rather be anywhere else than sitting still can be hell. It can bring all sorts of stresses to the surface, which in the long run may be beneficial but in the short term is very difficult to deal with.

So mindfulness in everyday life is a good alternative. And perhaps doing some kind of more active meditation such as Tai Chi or walking in nature as a meditation. We each have to find what suits us best.

Peace.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:34 PM
Master
Yeah for very active people who require much stimulation (extroverts) it might be hard.
I am a deep introvert myself, and while I can certainly have a chatty mind, I find it no bother to stay in one place by myself.

Are you an extrovert? If so you should definitely hear their perspective.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:28 AM
badcopyink

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkkarma
Bringing our minds back to present anytime any day as much as we can

and just being aware of where we are and then thing about our inhale and exhale feeling the stomach

Is this as effective as meditation? some of us with adhd and other mental issues have trouble with meditation but mildfulness seems to work for us

This is meditation.
Being the mountain and observing the clouds (thoughts) float by eventually the skies clear. Meditation, Breath, posture, yoga, energy practices and drugs are roads to the same destination.

I like to ask myself “what will I think of next” randomly throughout the day. Works like a charm.