Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 23-03-2014, 06:28 PM
Experiencer

What are your experiences with Bloodstone?

Thought I'd start a few threads starring some of my favorite crystals.

I use bloodstone to detoxify my body and to relieve inflammation. Not sure if it does those things or not, but it sure is pretty. What are your experiences and uses?
Old 24-03-2014, 10:21 AM
Master
I don't buy/use crystals for physical issues, although they probably work on that nonetheless. I got an Australian bloodstone skull. Medium size. Got her in with a dumorturite skull, both got the same carving.
I can't really specify what the bloodstone skull does. She works for me with the dumorturite and I think it had mostly to do with getting me through the last part of my abusive relationship. They came to me when we had decided to split up, but I couldn't move out yet, had to wait for a council house.
Most of my crystals and skulls worked very hard back then to keep me strong so I would get out with my sanity and Self intact. I made it, but it was very difficult.
After I'd moved there was a sigh of relief from my skulls and crystals. They'd been working their a$$e$ off for years to get me through it.
The bloodstone skull was part of that, but can't specify what it was exactly that she did/does. I just know she had to be with me, and still does :)
Must say that she's carved from Australian bloodstone, which is different from regular bloodstone. Energy is different as well.
Old 24-03-2014, 12:58 PM
Master

I always keep bloodstone near my son when he has fever. It seems to work well with fevers and infections. I find it a comforting stone to keep on my table though I don't usually feel like wearing it as jewellery. It seems to be a healing stone to me.
Old 24-03-2014, 01:58 PM
Experiencer

thanks for your replies, FairyCrystal and Moonincancer.

Yes, bloodstone works on the physical level. It does seem to be a healing stone. I think of it as one of the workhorses for the physical body. I'll have to remember the fever bit.

FairyCrystal, Michael Gienger, author of The Healing Crystal First Aid Manual, calls it "heliotrope." I think I've seen variations, ie., Australian bloodstone, but I haven't paid that much attention. I love the stones that have some yellow in it.

Last year I learned that bloodstone and fancy jasper can look the same...you have to examine them microscopically to tell the difference. I forget what the properties of fancy jasper are, but it's the bloodstone I'm attracted to.

I've got to remember to work more with intuition and less with brain.
Old 25-03-2014, 03:51 PM
Knower

Bloodstone can give courage and strength.
Old 25-03-2014, 04:10 PM
lilybug

I was having a lot of nightmares recently so I put my bloodstone in a dish of water next to my bed every night and since have not had any bad dreams.
Old 25-03-2014, 04:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee47
thanks for your replies, FairyCrystal and Moonincancer.

Yes, bloodstone works on the physical level. It does seem to be a healing stone. I think of it as one of the workhorses for the physical body. I'll have to remember the fever bit.

FairyCrystal, Michael Gienger, author of The Healing Crystal First Aid Manual, calls it "heliotrope." I think I've seen variations, ie., Australian bloodstone, but I haven't paid that much attention. I love the stones that have some yellow in it.

Last year I learned that bloodstone and fancy jasper can look the same...you have to examine them microscopically to tell the difference. I forget what the properties of fancy jasper are, but it's the bloodstone I'm attracted to.

I've got to remember to work more with intuition and less with brain.
I checked out the book, it indeed focuses on physical issues solely, like the title suggest. That doesn't interest me that much
I do often feel drawn to crystals that help with physical issues I got, that just happens by itself, I don't shop around for a crystal to help me with a physical issue.
I'm more interested in the spiritual/emotional/mental etc. effects, which of course are also connected to the physical, as everything is connected.

In Dutch the name bloodstone (bloedsteen) was mainly used for hematite, but as we get more and more English influences, many shops now use the name for heliotrope.
I must admit I don't fancy the green heliotrope, esp not if it has yellow in it Funny how we are all different and got our preferences!
The Australian version is different, more blueish than green (must admit I don't often feel drawn to green crystals) and larger dark red areas in it.

Old 25-03-2014, 07:42 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingkind
Bloodstone can give courage and strength.

Thanks for your reply. That sounds like the perfect stone for me, since I think of myself as a bit of a coward and not especially physically strong. Since changing my diet, I'd say my strength has improved.
Old 25-03-2014, 07:43 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybug
I was having a lot of nightmares recently so I put my bloodstone in a dish of water next to my bed every night and since have not had any bad dreams.

What inspired you to put bloodstone next to your bed? And why did you put it in water? I'm so glad you haven't had any more bad dreams.
Old 25-03-2014, 07:54 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I checked out the book, it indeed focuses on physical issues solely, like the title suggest. That doesn't interest me that much
I do often feel drawn to crystals that help with physical issues I got, that just happens by itself, I don't shop around for a crystal to help me with a physical issue.
I'm more interested in the spiritual/emotional/mental etc. effects, which of course are also connected to the physical, as everything is connected.

In Dutch the name bloodstone (bloedsteen) was mainly used for hematite, but as we get more and more English influences, many shops now use the name for heliotrope.
I must admit I don't fancy the green heliotrope, esp not if it has yellow in it Funny how we are all different and got our preferences!
The Australian version is different, more blueish than green (must admit I don't often feel drawn to green crystals) and larger dark red areas in it.

Oh, yes, I've seen the bluish stuff and it truly is beautiful!

Growing up, green was my least favorite color. For some time, however, I've been drawn to green crystals and have collected quite a few. Lately I am more interested in blue and orange. Most of my life blue has been my favorite color. Are color preferences significant? I would think so.

Most of my life (there's that phrase again) I have been very uninterested in my physical body. I think in order to progress spiritually I've needed to pay some physical attention to myself. My sister has many health problems and trying to help her with stones has helped me to tolerate my own physicality (is that a word?). So I think my interest in green stones has corresponded with my need to deal with the physical.