Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 03-03-2019, 01:51 PM
Knower

Chrysophrase

I bought three smallish tumble stones pieces of this last Friday in a shop. They weren't cheap as each piece was £3.60 each but the reason I bought these stones was for their ability to calm irritability. I do hope they work but I need a nice silk/velvet drawstring bag to keep them in to start with.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:32 PM
Experiencer
Is this a different variation/same family as Crysocolla ? I just bought a large one and the colors seem very similar. I hope so casue my wife could really use some less irritability ! LOL
Old 04-03-2019, 09:41 PM
Knower

The only description I can give of Chrysophrase is that it has the same color as Aquamarine but with orangeish-brown streaks or markings inside of it.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:53 AM
Master
Apparently Chrysocolla & Chrysoprase are both chalcedonies. I don't think they look anything alike though. Chrysoprase is green, chrysocolla has various hues of blue and blue-green. Normally not 1 solid colour either, whereas the chrysoprase I know is 1 solid colour.
My son has a large rough piece, there's no colour variation in it whatsoever. It's pure green.
From what I read chrysoprase gets its colour from nickel, and chrysocolla from copper. Chrysocolla often contains this dark brown stuff, forgotten its name now, also a metal or lots of metal in it.
But they're both chalcedonies. I didn't know that either. Seems almost everything is chalcedony/jasper, hihi.
Old 05-03-2019, 12:45 PM
Master
ah interesting.. I got a cheap pound of rough chrysoprase and it's a very earthy green, almost a dull olive, but it does have some different colors mixed in. I've seen gem grade of it pictured online and it's translucent, sooo pretty. Mine looks nothing like that lol you can see which version I have by googling pounds of it for sale. it's still cool but much more treelike in coloration and style than expensive rare chrysoprase.

etheric pictures of your crystals are always welcome hehe, would love to see
Old 05-03-2019, 12:55 PM
Master
I just checked what they look like in the crystal shop I go to. They do have the typical apple green and darker green in 'em, and some pieces have black spots.

I haven't got a picture of my son's specimen. That was gather by his grandparents from dad's side when they lived in Australia. They had a huge collection of top quality crystals that they either collected in Australia or bought when there. I think this chrysoprase must be from Australia as the lion's part of it is found there.

It is caught in between thin layers of matrix like this one:

But the colour is more like this -although I think they upped the contrast in this photo so it's not that ridiculously bright. But like this one it's also one solid colour green:

When I visit him again, I'll have another look at it. But it is a quality piece.
Old 05-03-2019, 03:46 PM
Knower

I'll try and upload some images of the tumblestones as soon as I can.