Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 19-10-2013, 02:59 AM
Experiencer

New age is unity of the female and male energies of the spirit and of the soul. Where the consciousness and spirit is on the same page.
Old 19-10-2013, 03:08 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by WmBuzz71
New age is unity of the female and male energies of the spirit and of the soul. Where the consciousness and spirit is on the same page.
What does this mean as experienced by us?
Old 19-10-2013, 03:19 AM
MadamStar

To answer the purpose of 'new' age spirituality, I think it is to make up for what religion seems to have lost through the ages. Science has created such a materialistic view of the world, so that people are beginning to neglect spirituality altogether. They can't see past what appears before their eyes. But, since we can't very well create a human being from raw scientific method, there must be something missing right? Also, I think the term 'new age' comes from the idea that we are entering the Age of Aquarius, where things will automatically be different given it is a new epoch.
Old 19-10-2013, 03:36 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadamStar
To answer the purpose of 'new' age spirituality, I think it is to make up for what religion seems to have lost through the ages. Science has created such a materialistic view of the world, so that people are beginning to neglect spirituality altogether. They can't see past what appears before their eyes. But, since we can't very well create a human being from raw scientific method, there must be something missing right? Also, I think the term 'new age' comes from the idea that we are entering the Age of Aquarius, where things will automatically be different given it is a new epoch.

I wonder if spirituality could overcome religion? It has for me.

Are we responsible for change by possibly changing ourselves?
Old 19-10-2013, 03:55 AM
MadamStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maguru
I wonder if spirituality could overcome religion? It has for me.

Are we responsible for change by possibly changing ourselves?

I think religion's underlying message is of the spiritual nature, but I think everyone's obsession with going to heaven and going to church for the source of going to heaven is such a mistake. People stopped doing good for the sake of actually doing good, but rather the appearance of doing good. And God will let all the fakers in right? ..as long as they go to church :P

I think we are responsible for influencing the rest of humanity in a spiritual way. If we can't raise the vibration of those around us, then how will the people of the world ever come to understand spirit? Of course we have a role in it all ;) and if we act otherwise, we effect the vibrations with negativity. So in a way, our responsibility is solely to act from a place of good that improves not only our own soul's potential but the unrealized potential of the soul of the world.
Old 19-10-2013, 04:27 AM
Guide

Quote:
I think religion's underlying message is of the spiritual nature, but I think everyone's obsession with going to heaven and going to church for the source of going to heaven is such a mistake. People stopped doing good for the sake of actually doing good, but rather the appearance of doing good. And God will let all the fakers in right? ..as long as they go to church :P

I think we are responsible for influencing the rest of humanity in a spiritual way. If we can't raise the vibration of those around us, then how will the people of the world ever come to understand spirit? Of course we have a role in it all ;) and if we act otherwise, we effect the vibrations with negativity. So in a way, our responsibility is solely to act from a place of good that improves not only our own soul's potential but the unrealized potential of the soul of the world.

What does raising vibration mean in connection with how it is experienced?

I find a problem with the term 'good' as it's all a matter of subjective perspectives.

What or how do you see the 'soul'?
Old 19-10-2013, 05:37 AM
MadamStar

Quote:
What does raising vibration mean in connection with how it is experienced?

I find a problem with the term 'good' as it's all a matter of subjective perspectives.

What or how do you see the 'soul'?

As in raising our experience closer to higher self. That which is not solely motivated by the ego's desires. Everyone always wants to avoid the word 'good' but for the sake of being kind to others, I think good is a nice term to use. As in, the world becomes a better place when people do good because others are comfortable to call this place home.

I see the soul as our connection to the collective consciousness. Our individual perspective or personal paradigm that I often like to think is eternal in that it lives past our current body. But, maybe its just me and my opinions about reincarnation.
Old 19-10-2013, 08:43 AM
Guide

Quote:
As in raising our experience closer to higher self. That which is not solely motivated by the ego's desires. Everyone always wants to avoid the word 'good' but for the sake of being kind to others, I think good is a nice term to use. As in, the world becomes a better place when people do good because others are comfortable to call this place home.

I see the soul as our connection to the collective consciousness. Our individual perspective or personal paradigm that I often like to think is eternal in that it lives past our current body. But, maybe its just me and my opinions about reincarnation.
I know what you mean but humans being human tend to do things that 'feel good' and don't know the difference.

I haven't gone into 'other' lives but I look for our 'spirituality' in our (my)experiences of life in the present. I believe that our spiritual selves or my invisable self is inextricabley connected to life as we experience it.
Old 19-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
What does this mean as experienced by us?

Mary Magdalen and Jesus, are a perfect example of representing of the Holy Spirit, as they where Twin Flames. Jesus represented God(conscious) here on Earth, while Mary represented the teaching of the female energies of Mother Earth(subconscious). Somehow Mary's teachings were lost or left out, as she was Jesus shadow that held the light in the darkness. Originally they both unified spirituality(Female) with religion(Male).

Jesus was of light, and without Mary, Jesus consciousness would've went to la la land, as she kept him grounded here on earth, by representing duality of Earth, they are connected at the soul.

New Age is where our spirit lives in harmony with our soul, and be paired up with our higher love. Together the two will be able to harness some of the Earths energies to benefit the community. Some will be able to heal, invent, listening to the wind, and other gifts like ESP and such. This is where Sci Fi becomes reality.
Old 19-10-2013, 11:24 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
I know what you mean but humans being human tend to do things that 'feel good' and don't know the difference.

I haven't gone into 'other' lives but I look for our 'spirituality' in our (my)experiences of life in the present. I believe that our spiritual selves or my invisable self is inextricabley connected to life as we experience it.

The ego makes us human through desires, emotions, etc. Part of ascending is learning to transform the ego's desires to go the way of the light. The ego is our guide in the darkness to raise up one of our stronger spirits of the past. Our higher consciousness, guides our lower consciousness through us, as he cannot go in the dark. So what we learn from up above we must send down below, as the torch doesn't end at us.