Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 02-04-2019, 02:53 PM
Experiencer
Many spiritual seekers think Alice Bailey is a theosophist akin to Blavatsky - not so. Bailey is weak tea and often in key areas distorts Theosophy.

http://blavatskyarchives.com/In_Theo...y_Whispers.pdf
Old 02-04-2019, 02:57 PM
Experiencer
Plotinus on suicide

Plotinus on Voluntary Death, by Elias

Quote:
Plotinus writes a treatise in one book on the reasonableness of exiting
from life and does not accept any one of the five reasons given for this.
For he says that just as god does not stop being providential for us, but
we make ourselves unfit and believe that god is far from us when he is
equally present to us, as those who are purified make clear, having seen
god themselves and consorted with him; and just as the sun shines its
light equally to all, although bats, unfit for the light, flee it and are not
illuminated by it, believing that the sun is darkness and not the source of
light, so the philosopher should imitate god and the sun, not being
careless of the body just because they care for the soul, but taking
providential care of it until such time as it becomes unfit, distancing
itself from its association with the soul. For it is absurd to exit before
one’s time, which is when the one who joined the body and soul together
loosens the bond.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:14 PM
Experiencer
Correspondence courses

Taken by email or post, here are several offerings to learn about Theosophy:

https://www.theosociety.org/pasadena/ts/h_corresp.htm
Old 14-04-2019, 10:33 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull
Many spiritual seekers think Alice Bailey is a theosophist akin to Blavatsky - not so. Bailey is weak tea and often in key areas distorts Theosophy.

This apparent division between Theosophy and Bailey, is purely distraction from the teachings of both, it is just peoples personalities trying to keep us locked in our lower nature.

Blavatsky, Bailey, every single being that has ever brought even the smallest amount light into the darkness works with the Spiritual Hierarchy, The Ascended Masters, the Council of God, whatever you wish to call them.

Any apparent division or separation is either an illusion of perspective, a misunderstanding or a deliberate attempt to spread disharmony.

All Lightworkers serve the same team.

Light, Love and Power to you!
Old 14-04-2019, 04:12 PM
Experiencer
Whitemage, as the author of the Theosophy's Shadow article wrote:

Quote:
This short piece is not about whether Bailey's writings are inspiring, wonderful or contain any truth; but simply whether HPB and AAB had the same mentors, as claimed by Bailey.

So the motives you impute to him are strictly your own. Unless you are a psychic with 100% accuracy in reading the motives of writers.
Old 15-04-2019, 11:45 AM
Newbie ;)

@Skull

I think you missed my point my friend, disputing this claim or that claim about whatever is true from this point of view or that point of view, is just a distraction from our lower nature and impedes us from connecting with our higher selves.

Whomever mentored who is irrelevant to the work of bringing light, and disparaging other light workers because you don't agree with or think false some claim or belief only helps deepen the darkness.

Find your own truth, if the teachings within Theosophy ring true to you discover them deeply and bring them into your heart and share your knowledge with other seekers...

Good journeys, Light, Love and Power to you!

(P.S. As I'm sure you know, no psychic is 100% accurate)
Old 15-04-2019, 05:20 PM
Master

A lot of confusion and frustration arises from the tone people use in their posts. You have to pay special attention to convey your tone in writing. Also, most people forget to make clear that they express their own opinions, or quote others' (to make that clear to others, and to themselves too). Many posts sound more sententious than they are meant to be, and than they should be.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 19-04-2019, 01:53 PM
Master

never mind. Back to being impertinent I guess...
Old 20-07-2019, 06:46 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Remember that the only God man comes in contact with is his own God, called Spirit, Soul and Mind, or Consciousness, and these three are one.

But there are weeds that must be destroyed in order that a plant may grow. We must die, said St. Paul, that we may live again. It is through destruction that we may improve, and the three powers, the preserving, the creating and the destroying, are only so many aspects of the divine spark within man.

HP Blavatsky
Old 25-07-2019, 02:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull
Divine Wisdom (or theosophy) is timeless, but it does have eras when it is more public than others. In 1875 the Theosophical Society was formed by Helena Blavatsky. Blavatsky laid the philosophical and ethical foundation for Interfaith relations and well as much of the "New Age" teachings.

Here is a link to get one started: http://davidpratt.info/

If it wasn't for Colonel Olcott and his purse, the original theosophical society would never have gotten off the ground.

Remember, it was Madame Blavatsky who sought out Colonel Olcott.