Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 18-06-2012, 05:57 AM
MRDazzle

again, if you put a name on it.. it's something. Even titling it "Nothing" makes it something.
Old 18-06-2012, 06:19 AM
Master
Nothing is only nothing to the mind, beyond the mind, well you will have to find out for yourself, but no using the mind lol.
Old 18-06-2012, 07:21 AM
Henri77

These cleverbots have your answer. Just ask for a clarification.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnzlbyTZsQY

If the word exists does it not infer nothing also must exist?
Of course this also would apply to unicorns, zombies and dragons.

You must have been quite a challenge to your grammar school teachers.
Asking about quarks & existentialism in finger painting class!
Old 18-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Master
The mind can never contemplate nothingness or oblivion. Maybe that's why many are convinced that they live on after life because they cannot imagine there is such a thing as nothing.
Old 18-06-2012, 07:19 PM
MRDazzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
The mind can never contemplate nothingness or oblivion. Maybe that's why many are convinced that they live on after life because they cannot imagine there is such a thing as nothing.

I agree and to elaborate - For the mind to contemplate a short time of life on to nothingness, seems a bit anti-climatic and purposeless.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRDazzle
I agree and to elaborate - For the mind to contemplate a short time of life on to nothingness, seems a bit anti-climatic and purposeless.

Depends, it can also add great value everything you experience in your "short time of life", to despair over something inevitable would be a waste of time after all.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:59 PM
merrie

Nothing: No thought, no feeling, a complete shut-down.

The screen goes blank..............
Old 12-07-2012, 08:03 PM
Denial

merrie: if you shut-down a computer it will still be there. If the screen goes blank it will still be there. Even if I would meditate to erase all thoughts and cut my nerves to eliminate feeling I would still exist.
Old 13-07-2012, 12:00 AM
Master
"Can one grasp that the zero contains all the numbers? So in nothing all the world exists." j.k.

i don't get it ^ but it sounds relevant and someone might get it or its nonsense heh

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 13-07-2012, 12:19 AM
Master
O kay, I think I've got it ~ The concept ~

What does a guy say when his SO asks "what're ya thinkin'?"

And there you have it~*