Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 28-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Lisa

Cold late night so long ago
When I was not so strong you know
A pretty man came to me
Never seen eyes so blue
I could not run away
It seemed we'd seen each other in a dream
It seemed like he knew me
He looked right through me
"Come on home, girl" he said with a smile
"You don't have to love me yet
Let's get high awhile
But try to understand
Try to understand
Try try try to understand
I'm a magic man."

Winter nights we sang in tune
Played inside the months of moon
Never think of never
Let this spell last forever
Summer over passed to fall
Tried to realized it all
Mama says she's a worried
Growing up in a hurry

"Come on home, girl" mama cried on the phone
"Too soon to lose my baby yet my girl should be at home!"
"But try to understand, try to understand
Try try try to understand
He's a magic man, mama
He's a magic man"

"Come on home, girl" he said with a smile
"I cast my spell of love on you a woman from a child!
But try to understand, try to understand
I'm a magic man!

Heart

“Summoning ancient powers unseen, beneath the mystical glow of the Sabbat moon.”
Bryan Belard
Old 29-09-2011, 08:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentientno1
Gem: "I try to see that emotion is a sense, a means of perception, and not a thing perceived... it's like the deer is percieved with your eyes and emotions are like eyes, not deer, and you can run from the deer, but not your eyes... or your emotions... but this is the delima of man isn't it?"

Yeah, it is and probably because man is aware of his dark and light nature. Someone once told me...it is not what happens, it is our reaction to what happens that we cannot stand. i tested that out by observation and find it true.

I was kinda hovering around that when I was ranting earlier about this preference and balance, because balance is somehow entwined in the equalibrium of quiet acknowledgement, yet I did not wish to promote detachment, for I have seen the denial of feelings used to evoke a zen like persona, and I'd evoke more the behaviour of a child, completely animated by the passing wonder of things, and not a statue of zen.

Quote:
i am thinking that the sense of horror at violence is the same sense that keeps us from acts of violence, tho we are capable of it. Empathy.

It's a very difficult thing where violence falls like rain, and you may get blood on your face or blood on your hands, but most who survive it taste both... and capable, what a terrible potential we harness, and how calmly and coldly we can exact it... I lived where razor wire atopped iron fences and broken glass was cemented into the top of walls, and movement was only made behind the tinted windows of four wheel drives, and everyone feared the rain, but eventually the drops fell on each and everyone... and the line was drawn where you are prepared to kill or die, just as physics demands every action has its equal opposite and force is the transmission of energy from one to another...
Old 29-09-2011, 11:09 PM
Sentientno1

Gem : "It's a very difficult thing where violence falls like rain, and you may get blood on your face or blood on your hands, but most who survive it taste both... and capable, what a terrible potential we harness, and how calmly and coldly we can exact it... "

And so, yes, what can be called unconditional love if it has not been tested in such conditions? And what is my empathy if faced with such conditions? My empathy and yours is that if it can be avoided it would be, empathy is that possesions would be given up rather then take a life, empathy is that taking a life that would be mourned, empathy is not cheap, it's gut felt. Only one thing puts it aside,a threat to one's own existance by another who forces a choice of dieing with empathy or living. What takes over is that which we are born with, that produces the first breath we take, survival instinct. That helpless thing still wet from the womb has it.

As you know, because i've talked about it enough, i've lived in the country most of my life. That place also is not without threat. There was one incident, that gave me a taste of what you are talking about...i had my two youngest children barricade themselves in thier bedroom while i locked the doors and loaded the pistol, and waited. Had they kicked my door in they would have died, small caliber so i would have aimed to kill. There was no hating of them before or after, nor was there empathy, there was only the demands of the situation.

If, if, the same were presented again, would i act the same? Honestly? Most likely yes. And i am sure that will not win me any admirers today.

i still consider myself to be both spiritual and empathetic. Tho viewed from the above information that empathy is also conditional, so be it, i can live with that.

"just as physics demands every action has its equal opposite and force is the transmission of energy from one to another..."

Now THAT is interesting, i'd not considered that before. i am thinking degree of intensity would matter.

By the way...those two men came back another day. As luck would have it my brothers and friends of thiers had walked over for coffee and they knew the story. When the two men walked up to the door i opened it and all my fellas stood behind me looking fierce, i told the visitors quietly, 'don't ever come back here' and without a word they turned around and got in the car, and never came back.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:52 AM
Master
It happens, and as a collective humanity what can you do? The number of times I watched and did not... or could not act.

... but I have undertaken battles I knew I would lose, because to fight them was the right thing to do, and where I might be defeated, what I fought for can never be quashed...

I spent my time on the street playing guitar... and every lesson of love and life is written in songs... I brought mean men to tears by just singing... because music stirs the memories of forgotten youths, lost loves and buried feelings... and who hasn't cried to a song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxi65iPLVx0

We'd call it 'heartfelt emotion', as love which fills the heart with joy can also tear it right out... I can't change that, and to wish you untold happiness I would never steal your sadness, so with a song I give you sadness as a precious gift, and I'm showered with adulation.

... and at the end of the street a young girl gets glassed in the face over someone elses boyfriend...

What rules your heart? Can it be a bitterness, a grudge, a hatred, a jealosy or spite? Coz that sort of thing festers, and it needs to be sung to. OR are you filled with compassion, love, soft sentiment and empathy? Coz that sort of stuff can hurt too and it needs to be sung... just depends what kind of pain you prefer.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Master
It becomes over what rules your heart doesn't it?

I wonder about people sometimes, but that's because I deal in hard realities like the streets afer midnight, so I see too much violence addiction lust and greed which makes these godly love types see me as jaded or cynical, but also I see the lameness of life from the view of your meditation cushion... but don't get me wrong... my meditation practice borders on the extreme and it's only the goodness of me that takes me to darker places, because without a trace of vanity the truth is I bring a gift with me and I'm the best damn thing you'll see on those city streets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U5ktbRZay0

I move forward now and it's probable my street playing has closed its last chapter, and that makes me very sad to say, but I'm older and have seen many chapters open and close and there's only lifes tide into the unexpected. The fundamental difference is being over fourty and entering the period of age and decay, but it is a time to express such a generosity as the young bring forward new life, but for me, this is the age of 'giving back'.

It just being yourself, no one says that's easy, but remain true and let love rule your heart.