Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 25-08-2019, 08:44 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I was into Buddhism some time ago and now I am back to it, my wish to find that inner peace that stays day and night

I wonder, is the one who wants inner peace the one who finds it?
Old 25-08-2019, 08:51 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
How can you not be angry when the situation ( the external thing ) is making you angry?

A part of us will always get angry when it's desires are thwarted. This is natural and how this part of us is designed.
It is designed to get angry in certain situations. If one desires to not get angry anymore, one has to stop associating with this part.
Old 25-08-2019, 09:38 AM
Master
Quote:
I just close my eyes and relax my body, I've learnt that I can do it from any posture but the best one for me is when laying on my bed, with my hands around my body, with my face pointing upwards, from this posture I experience more things and the meeditation is very deep.Sometimes I use a simple breathing technique to relax faster.From this posture I also have OBEs.I can't use to lotus posture because my back hurts and I can't relax...

You know Sky, I tried to find the cause but most of the time there's no cause, it's like my body is under heavy stress all the time, it's like I have anxiety day and night and there's no reason to have it... I know, I am sure there's a source, but I can't find it...

I do that from time to time, I go in long walks, all alone, it's amazing, sometimes I see deers, they are so beautiful to be seen in their natural environment.

I noticed that when I fast, my well being increases, I feel lighter, happier and peaceful, and when I eat, that's when the agitation increases and it feels like torture...

It may be a health problem, I think that meditation can cure anything and everything, but it has to be very deep so that you can access the deepest parts of your being, I was close to do it like two-three times but I became afraid because it was very intense, it's like the outside world disappears, you can't sense your body and there's this complete darkness that's everywhere you look.I am afraid that I can't return back into my body

If Meditation can cure anything then The Buddha wouldn't have use ' Medicine '. he was an expert at Meditating

Putting aside Buddhism / Meditation etc and getting back to your agitation which you say feels better when you fast.

As I repeat I'm not a Medical expert and I'm just bringing to mind that ' Food Intolerance ' can cause horrendous agitation in some people. I know this through personal experiences.

One thing you can try is to keep a Diary/Note of what you are eating/drinking on the days you feel agitation to be at its worse. Just something so simple may help you and is worth trying.
Old 25-08-2019, 09:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
A part of us will always get angry when it's desires are thwarted. This is natural and how this part of us is designed.
It is designed to get angry in certain situations. If one desires to not get angry anymore, one has to stop associating with this part.

' A part of us will always get angry when it's desires are thwarted. '

That's only if your ' Attached to the desires '
Old 25-08-2019, 10:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
I wonder, is the one who wants inner peace the one who finds it?

Yes of course, as did The Buddha....
Inner peace is already there, the seeking is realizing this.
Old 25-08-2019, 10:29 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
If Meditation can cure anything then The Buddha wouldn't have use ' Medicine '. he was an expert at Meditating

Putting aside Buddhism / Meditation etc and getting back to your agitation which you say feels better when you fast.

As I repeat I'm not a Medical expert and I'm just bringing to mind that ' Food Intolerance ' can cause horrendous agitation in some people. I know this through personal experiences.

One thing you can try is to keep a Diary/Note of what you are eating/drinking on the days you feel agitation to be at its worse. Just something so simple may help you and is worth trying.

Buddha performed supernatural things, right? He achieved these "powers" after he became enlightened, he could use these powers to heal people but he used the "powers" of medicine, Jesus could heal the whole world from suffering, right? Yet He didn't do it, the miracles He performed are a result of the faith of people who came to Him, "Your faith has saved you", it was not "I saved you" but "your faith".

I've been thinking at the very same thing, that I have a problem with the food I eat, I gave up on some of the things that I was sure are harmful to my health, maybe I have o give up all things, but something is telling me that this is just one possible cause, there are more.

Anyway, I started getting more into Buddhism, I love it, yes, Sidhartha was an expert at meditation, and not just at meditation.

You know what's funny? I feel that I was called to Buddhism, I discovered Buddha by chance and in that very same period of time, some members of my family traveled to Portugal, that country is filled with the statues of the Buddha, when they sent me pictures with these statues I could not believe it, things like this always make me smile because I know there's a lot more than we can understand.
Old 25-08-2019, 12:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Buddha performed supernatural things, right? He achieved these "powers" after he became enlightened, he could use these powers to heal people but he used the "powers" of medicine, Jesus could heal the whole world from suffering, right? Yet He didn't do it, the miracles He performed are a result of the faith of people who came to Him, "Your faith has saved you", it was not "I saved you" but "your faith".

I've been thinking at the very same thing, that I have a problem with the food I eat, I gave up on some of the things that I was sure are harmful to my health, maybe I have o give up all things, but something is telling me that this is just one possible cause, there are more.

Anyway, I started getting more into Buddhism, I love it, yes, Sidhartha was an expert at meditation, and not just at meditation.

You know what's funny? I feel that I was called to Buddhism, I discovered Buddha by chance and in that very same period of time, some members of my family traveled to Portugal, that country is filled with the statues of the Buddha, when they sent me pictures with these statues I could not believe it, things like this always make me smile because I know there's a lot more than we can understand.

The Buddha was said to have had supernatural powers as did Jesus, we will never know if this is true or just Myths, I personally don't believe it but to each their own
Old 26-08-2019, 12:10 PM
Master

Quote:
The Buddha was said to have had supernatural powers as did Jesus, we will never know if this is true or just Myths, I personally don't believe it but to each their own

I believe he had superanatural powers, Jesus made it perfect clear that we all can do supernatural things, and I do believe we can, but look at Jesus and Buddha, they both had a certain spiritual state, and this is they key to performing miracles.
Old 26-08-2019, 12:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Being content regardless of external happenings, maintaining a sense of inner calm.
I don't think peace of mind is the absence of conflict in our lives , but the ability to cope with it and to know you can control the way you react even though you can't control what life throws at you.

Nicely put, sky123 !

I went to a seminar on trauma once. The speaker baited everyone with his opening remarks.

"There is no such thing as a traumatic event."

"There is no such thing as a stressful job."

There were eyerolls in the audience. However, no one took the bait since it was an obvious trap.

The speaker continued.

"There are, however, traumatic REACTIONS and stressful REACTIONS".

I never forgot that presentation. You are absolutely correct that, while we cannot control what life throws at us, we can become MASTER OF OUR REACTIONS.

Well put !
Old 26-08-2019, 12:58 PM
Master
Quote:
I thankfully don't suffer from stress, I have had times in my life and still do when I could easily resort to feeling agitated but through experience I have realized that getting stressed out and agitated makes situations even worse than what they really are.

My Motto is ' Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change '

I'm not medically qualified to say your agitation is a health problem but there are illnesses that can make you feel like that so maybe a talk with your Doctor will put your mind at rest...

I feel calm most of the time but not always, things change and you have to go with the flow and keep trying.

I love your "Motto".

There is a story that I often repeat without knowing whether it actually happening or whether it is just a teaching story.

There was a sage who spent the first third of his life trying to change the world, and that didn't work.

He then spent the second third of his life just trying to change those nearest to him, and that didn't work.

He then spent the last third of his life changing himself and --- lo and behold --- the world changed.

That is very consistent with your "Motto".