Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 03-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Uhmar

Divination with seashells

© uhmar
Seashell Divination / Conchomancy

Divining with sea shells is a mixture of divination and good 'ole mysticism put together. Just think of the ocean and all the amazing creatures it holds. The ocean and these creatures generate wonderful energies and vibrations. So in turn when these creatures leave their shells behind they have left great energy for you to discover and and they possibly hold messages for you as well. I have recently been having some amazing journeys with some Hag stones an Essex friend sent me.

Water is the element that represents our emotions. Seashells connect us to the ocean which in turn connects us to our emotions. Any one ever took a trip to the ocean that you did not smile at first sight. Or take a deep salty breath of ocean air. The little kid inside you jumped up and down. This opens our intuition. We then use our sense of sight, feeling, touch and smell. Add a healthy dose of imagination and we can get a wonderful divination process.

And we then heal others and ourselves with positve energies. Anytime we connect our energy to anothers and to the universal energies we heal the planet, ourselves and others. It is also amazing what we can learn about ourselves when we let all those energies collide together.

To read the shells you let the quarant/person select 3 to 12 shells. That is your choice of how many you tell them to choose. Three to five is really good.

Pay attention if they choose all the same type. Pay attention how they lay them out for you on the table. Did they go in a circle or a square. Did they stack them on top of each other. This in itself will tell you about the quarant. Square to me says they stay boxed into a little area, they don't take risks.. Chaos would send them screaming. Stacked says to me they like order all things compact and at times likes the thrill of will it fall.They will jump into the abyss to see if they can survive. In a circle says to me they like everything to go full circle or they are always chasing their tales. First this way then that way but never getting anywhere either.

Like all earth things the shells hold energy. Shells are as good a messenger as birds or any of the earth creatures. Remember each and every shell started as a baby and grew so each one has a story to tell.

Another way to divine with the seashells is to choose them out of a basket or container. Sight unseen. First gather some shells. As many and as many different kinds as you like. Store bought are okay but if you can collect them yourself off the beach and multiple beaches is fantastic. Mine came from Philluipines, Bahamas, and all over the eastern coast of USA.The pic above shows maybe 1/4 or less of my shells in my container.

Study each seashell to get a feeling regarding what the seashell means to you. Make a note so you can reference it describing the shells and how you felt.

Before doing readings with them of course like any divination tool smudge old energies out of them. Cleanse the shells with some sage and be sure to thank the ocean, the universe and of course the shells themselves for helping you.

Put the shells in a basket or bag. Close your eyes and allow your hands to hover just above the container, so that you are not touching the shells. Imagine the energy of the shells drawing upwards into your hands and mentally focus on your intent or question.

Turn the basket clockwise three times keeping your eyes closed.

You can also do this for an even more elaborate method, but it is not necessary, you can choose with the left hand for unconscious motivations. Choose with the right hand for conscious directions.

Reach into the basket and pull out as many or as few shells as you would like. Three shells might represent the past, present and future, one shell might represent a single specific answer, Keeping your eyes closed, hold each shell in your hand and meditate or at least think of who you are reading for and the question they have presented.

Carefully set each shell down in front of you . Write what you feel as you
pick them. What emotions come to you. What story is that shell telling you. Look at the overall meanings. Did it answer the original question?

You also can include the use of a seashell oracle deck of cards with this method. You can add to the reading with the cards or match the cards to the shell to get the meaning on the card added to your own feelings and intuition from the shell itself. I have a seashell decks of oracle cards I use for reference if I choose a shell that is part of the deck. Most of my shells were not in the deck. The deck seems to hold more African, Australian etc shells then anything I can get near me. and for additional meanings to add to my touch intuitive associations. So more often as not my shells are all intuitive read. I often will pull a few cards if I dont feel the shells are telling me the answers.

Please remember all you really need is the shells themselves and your mind , emotions, and hands. All the other stuff (basket, cards, sage,) is just extra helpers for what the shells themselves will tell you.

© Uhmar

Last edited by Uhmar : 03-03-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Uhmar

I will offer two[2] shell readings.

I will pull how ever many shells i am drawn to pull and according to my mood [lol] I may pull a few shell oracle cards also

so ask your question and we will see what he ocean has to say
Old 03-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Master
Uhmar sending you a PM.
Thanks
Spiritlite.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:44 PM
green

thank you for sharing the info, and what a great shell collection..they are beautiful...

hi can i have a reading as well?

G
Old 03-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Master
PS looking those shells I can hear the ocean :)
Spiritlite.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:03 PM
Uhmar

Green )))))) do you have a question hun?

Told you I'd get to this...been working on several projects and almost forgot .
Old 03-03-2011, 09:32 PM
Sangress

Wonderful information.

I'm very interested in this because it is incorporated in a lot of my Divination methods.

It's odd how the moment I find a dead end in my research of shells, this pops up and I find my answer right away.

It's great how events just fall into place like that, isn't it?

:)
Old 03-03-2011, 11:54 PM
Uhmar

seashell reading for Spiritlite 3/3/11

question presented was; What's going on with me energetically? What do I need to do? yes I know I need to find a new job but should it be in nursing? Should I find another avenue IE become a massage therapist, or do reiki, or even do readings.
I just need a general what's going on thing
I CONDENSED IT TO "WHAT DOES SPIRITLITE NEED IN HER LIFE TO MAKE IT FLOW SMOOTHER"
-----------------

Please remember no one can tell you what to do. You already know all the answers they are inside of you already.You have free will and you choose what guides you to the next phase of your life, no other can or will do that for you.

I presented the question to the energy of the shells. I closed my yes and hovered over the shells and proceded to choose 8 shells before I no longer felt the need to pull them. I then heard pull four cards so I shuffled and fanned out the shell cards and chose 4 of them.
I already have the meanings of my shells written in a little notebook I made of my shells. I held them and then wrote what they mad me feel as I looked at them . THEN I placed a number inside each shell so I could check the message I felt the first time I held them. The truest message that has not been altered by anyone else touching them. I then combine it all together for the conclusion.
--------------------
1. need to look closer , don't let the outside fool you , inside is pure goodness, this one will be your rock and your solid foundation.

2. being a perfectionist, self criticle, your own inner judge, your true essence is trapped inside. Never satisfied, having placed to high of an expectation on yourself. You know where to go and then you start climbing up that hill of success and step right into a crevice every time. this impedes your progress. holds you in the same place over and over.

3.seeing the big picture. working for all concerned, but then you turn around and self sabatoge your hard work. this is seen by all the tiny pin pits in this shell.

4. victory after struggling, this shell is full of orange color, points me towards stomach or abdominal issues related to the sacral chakra. Do you need to work on your lower chakras?

5.lot of left over baggage attached to this one. old feelings, old hurts, old angers eating away at this shell. the botom of this shell is eroding about to spill out all the old secrets and old pain. There is a large splat of orange right in center of this shell once again pointing to the sacral chakra again.

6. stand tall, stand proud like the beacon of light you are. spread your wings and your knowledge to others. you have much to give and to share. are you connected to the dragon worlds and the moon energies.

7. your taking on too many projects at one time or dealing with too many emotional issues at one time. it is throwing you off balance. your energy is so scattered that it is not effective anywhere. You need to choose one issue or one problem or topic of study at a time. face it,deal with it, resolve it . Just one ...then move to the next

8. this is one of my favorite shells, It is showing me a beautiful huge heart, Pure white, with a huge pink center , glowing and impressive with it's magnitude. this tells me of the beauty within you. But I see some bledding from an old wound shining through the other side of it . this is from a past life or from your past. I believe this showed itself earlier up didn't it . It may very well be simply emotional chaos within your self. Possible sexual abuse and you have tried to bury it deep by the crevice around the edge with gunk peeking out of it. It keeps surfacing what ever it is and Now you must face it. You need to truly look at it. Deal with it. Forgive whoever or yourself then release it out to the ether, Forgiving yourself and loving yourself is the first step of the rest of your life. It will free you and you will actually feel yourself expand with the light flowing in. Then you will begin to truly heal.

THE CARDS

1 get in touch with your inenr child, play more, laugh . stop dwelling on sad things
2. being falsely sweet, having ulterior motives, manipulating others for personal benefit
3. recognizing limitations are ones own making. you beleive your fenced in so you are. self imprisonment
4 acknowledge your strengths not your weaknesses
_____________________________________________-
CONCLUSION AND OVERVIEW
It appears as we all know you are a beautiful spiritual soul. You carry around a lot of old no longer serving you baggage. Dig deep inside and find your strengths, Your smart and your knowledgble. Connect to that instead of the depression and self loathing. You according to the shells have a solid home foundation. All the issues seem to be within you. Old unresolved issues that are causing Sacral chakra reelated problem to your health. You don't need another job unles you choose to have another one. Your boss only bothers you because you give her that power over you. If you do choose to change jobs the shells do show success and victory. You need to dig deep and find your strengths and play off them for a change instead of all of your weaknesses.
You need to deal with your baggage and your self inflicted problems and fix you. Not anyone else until you fix you. Love yourself, find your inner beauty that others see, and the world will open up for you. You then will see things are never really bad. Focus at one issue at a time. Deal with it , conquor it , so you do not ebcome overwhelmed. You carry this power. It is up to you and you alone how to you choose to use it.

feedback welcomed
this reading is for entertainment purposes only
Old 06-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Deactivated Account

Very cool Uhmar ! another most interesting divination tool , thanks for sharing ! Now I know what to do with all the seashells I have collected.

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 06-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Uhmar

Glad you like it Dream Angel...wondered where you got off to....

it is the basics anyway...musn't tell all my secrets lol

I wish I had some really cool unusual shells from australia and new zealand and europe and the islands etc to add to my collection ...

I need a starfish and a seahorse...keep forgetting until i do a shell reading.
I think they could add some dimension to the overall selection ..of my intuitive choosing.....

DA((((( dont forget you need shells not so pretty too for the darker side of things and sickness , ill health, the con artist, and the etc etc etc

sacred femenine ..masculine..... woman eating man rflho