Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 22-04-2014, 12:33 PM
Tera's_Party

Bad Form in Yoga

I know this is going to sound off putting to a lot of people on this forum who are really in to yoga, but it's something I feel is important to bring up.

A lot of people who are beginners in yoga or new at it are intimidated by it. Many of them see these poses as difficult for one, because they have never done them before, and two, because they see so many people doing the poses so well, and they're afraid of looking foolish in a yoga class.

As a teacher and a person who loves yoga, I say if you're getting into yoga for the first time or you consider yourself a beginner, don't even worry about your form. Don't worry about doing a good job. Don't worry about getting hurt, don't worry about making it through a pose, and please don't worry about how you look. We've all been there.

I would even recommend doing yoga with bad form over not doing it at all. A lot beginners are intimidated that having bad form will cause them to get injured but I don't find that to be such a danger . The biggest danger of having poor form is that you won't get the most out of your poses. Not saying form is not important early on, but don't let it be an obstacle.

To many people yoga comes across as difficult and pretentious but in reality there is nothing further from the truth. It's just like learning anything else for the first time. Just get in there and get messy, and don't let those skinny girls intimidate you.
Old 23-04-2014, 06:43 PM
Master
amen sister! :)

that girl that is standing on her head today, used to fall on her butt just like me :)

it's ok that you can't reach there yet. you will, and even if you never make it you will learn so much along the way :)

yoga is trendy right now. don't let that put you off, there is substance there! :)
Old 28-08-2014, 08:02 PM
Guide
Agreed. I have been doing yoga a year now. Every time I do it, I feel like i find an easier way of doing it. My guess is that, as my core strength builds, I am able to use my core as apposed to muscles in my extremities to support myself. I do most of my yoga with online videos. I always try to listen to the suggestions that the teacher makes about were to focus and support from and it always helps