Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 07-04-2014, 06:21 AM
Pathfinder
Our True Story of Love and Hope

It looked like a halo was all around her when I looked up from under my hood, I was 19, she was 17. Long blonde hair, green eyes, white cotton top and bell bottom jeans. 2 years later we were married. Massive layoffs at the factory, and an instilled belief that the husband must be the primary bread winner, led me to join the military. Heck, it was the 70's and they were the only 1's hiring in western NY. We divorced a few years later, no kids, and never realizing her fear of living away from her family. We didn't see or communicate with each other for 28 years, a country between us and both of us feeling wronged. She had 2 great kids with her 2nd husband, none for me with my 2nd wife. Here's where serendipity shows up, we divorced from our 2nd spouses 10 yrs later within a month of each other.
Her brother in law and I were friends over the years, and in 2003, we were "told" to meet for breakfast by him, nobody said no to Dave, he was connected.... a 3 hour meal where nothing was touched because we were, again, tuned to each other, and caught up on 28 years. 5hrs later, I was back on a plane to SoCal with a very big part of me still looking into her eyes and her heart.
We remarried, I relocated there since she had major time with her union and the nursing home where she worked as an LPN , and her daughter was still local. Soon after, my military disability worsened and after 3 operations, I was "benched", 1 week before her dad passed and we began caring for her mom in our home (Alzheimers). It felt that our lives were meant to be this way. 2years later, my wife found a lump on her neck that developed into a cancer that needed heavy chemo. 8 months later with her hair grown back and a ceremonial wig burning was conducted, she was given the ok to travel. Just in time since her 1st grandchild was being born 2500 miles away. Since it was our 1st big chance to have her siblings be with her mom for over 8hrs, we drove, and celebrated her renewed health, with 1 month of wandering aimlessly, 1st stop, the baby girl! Well, cancer came back and after 2 more types of ineffective chemo treatments, and 1 month after her (our) granddaughters birthday, she died in my arms surrounded by family.
Looking back, how can I deny that we were meant to be together though her last years. 35 years as an angel in a white cap, the love of my life, with a smile and laugh that instantly drew you in. "I know you're out there somewhere" by the Moody Blues, became our song. Kind of an anthem, that told of too many years apart. On her granite marker, along side of the nursing emblem, are these lyrics: I know You're out there somewhere, somewhere you can hear my voice"..... I've become reclusive now, remembering the nightly foot rubs I gave her until she fell asleep. Knowing that her folks and siblings are with her, and missing her arm draped over my shoulder and holding hands like kids. I am blessed we had those years together, there was never a moment without a feeling of love.
Then, Gabriel comes and taps you on the shoulder
But you don’t see no hearses with luggage racks"
Don Henley
Old 08-04-2014, 05:46 AM
primrose

That's a beautiful story. I hope you're still in her children's lives.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:54 AM
Master
Yes, beautiful is exactly it -- thanks for sharing, HT.

Nice avatar picture...is that somewhere near you?

Old 09-04-2014, 06:13 PM
Master
Massive love and hugs to you HauntedTexas

Jo

XxXx
Old 09-04-2014, 06:29 PM
Nada

So sorry for your loss.. Haunted.

You were so lucky to experience such connection and love.
Most people never experience the kind of love story that you had lived.
Old 16-04-2014, 05:05 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Yes, beautiful is exactly it -- thanks for sharing, HT.

Nice avatar picture...is that somewhere near you?

The picture is from my favorite place, Luckenbach, Tx population 3, about 20 minutes from me. If you look for the "pickers circle" on you tube, you can see why. Never know who will show up unexpectedly...
Don Henley
Old 16-04-2014, 05:14 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by primrose
That's a beautiful story. I hope you're still in her children's lives.

The kids are in my life, thankfully. 1 is a PhD in human genetics, the other is disabled, both are married. I think about their mom and her struggle as a single mom, makes me know that love conquers all. Just wish our decisions early in our lives were made with that in mind. Peace...
Don Henley