Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Tai Chi & Chi Gong

Old 16-08-2013, 10:42 PM
Experiencer
qi gong for healing

i recently started doing qi gong, and have felt a good connection right off.
im pleasantly surprised with how quickly ive felt its effects.
my question is to other qi gong practioners, especially those who are also healers by whatever practise.
are their any forms that youve found are particularly good to help with your healing, be it for others or yourself.
• • • • •
Look softer
Breather deeper
Old 24-08-2013, 02:54 AM
MadamStar

Glad to see you are into qi gong. I have been practicing for 2.5 years now. My sensei learned it from a guy who used to live in Taiwan, where he studied under many grandmasters (this was when the nationalists fled China). Some say it opens your psychic awareness, and I have found this to be true. Its certainly an enlightening experience.

Try this book. "The Taoist Health Exercise Book" by Da Liu (1974)

I have this version, just google--> Amazon.com: Taoist health exercise book (9780825630293)

It has a Chinese guy surrounded by flowers on it. This book explains all the meridians further.

I don't trust any of the ones that have a different cover, because they may be modified. *I actually think my sensei's version of this has a larger section on psychic stuff then mine.. so I think it was already modified. Anyway, apparently that is the only book that was ever recommended by the guy who taught my sensei.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 20-11-2014, 05:13 PM
brett

I have found the techniques in Spring Forest Qigong to be amazing. It is currently my favorite healing modality for myself and energy work with others.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:03 PM
Experiencer

I have just restarted doing both Tai Chi and Qi Gong about a month ago, my instructor spent a long time in China in Bejing studying all forms and Chinese Medicine too.
I ama Healer too... So I am comfortable with chi etc.. You do feel calm and energised after a session. I'd recommend it to any one it improves your balance and flexibilty, which can only be good..
I have been a Reiki Master for 15 years now, the more healing I do, the more effective it has become...but whether Tai Chi enhances the healing I cannot say.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:47 AM
Pathfinder

Spring Forest Qigong is one powerful form! It's good for healing. I also would recommend Dragon and Tiger Qigong and Primordial Qigong, both are powerful forms.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:14 AM
Experiencer

The quickest way to develop strong qi is to do the standing ma bo or standing like a stake exercise...there are variations on that, they are excellent for developing qi.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:46 AM
Pathfinder
healing chronic pain

Hi there I'm very interested in trying qi gong, especially since I have been told it is great for the chronic pain that comes with the condition of my physical body that may become debilitating over time, but I don't know where to start,any suggestions for a beginner?
Old 12-07-2015, 06:42 AM
cherrycocktail

Yes, i'm interested in learning too. what are good resources?
Old 12-07-2015, 08:41 AM
Experiencer

There are a number of Wild Goose Qigong DVD out on the market, you can order them from Bingkun Hu's website, it's a safe and good system to learn the Wild Goose forms 1 & 2.

also Lam Kam Chuen has a number of books and DVD out on the market also, the combination of doing those two systems will have you feeling great in no time.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:03 PM
celest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritalker
Hi there I'm very interested in trying qi gong, especially since I have been told it is great for the chronic pain that comes with the condition of my physical body that may become debilitating over time, but I don't know where to start,any suggestions for a beginner?

Go on youtube and look for Qigong for health, you don't have to spend money on Videos etc:
The eight pieces of brocade ( Ba duan jin ) is very easy to do and has been practised for hundreds of years in China to enhance your health.
I have been practising Tai Chi & Qigong for over 30 years and started learning after breaking my spine, I could hardly walk with the pain, it changed my life. I can teach Tai Chi & Qigong and have taken many classes. If I can help you with any other info: just shout