Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Aromatherapy

Old 07-06-2017, 06:03 PM
Master
I'll give it another go! My last attempt produced candles that smelt a little of spearmint, but gave off no scent when burning. Perhaps soya wax has a lower melting point, which may also help :)
Old 07-06-2017, 06:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Angel
I plan to try making massage candles next as I have an Orli foot massage candle and aromatherapy body massage candles, it is basically shea butter, soya wax, mango butter all melted then adding essential oils then pouring into little jugs or tins.

That sounds nice! :)

I have some Aloe Vera which I will probably use as a base for essential oils to help with anxiety. At the moment I use Chamomile soap, so I'm keen to try a blend with that out too
Old 07-06-2017, 07:37 PM
Master

That sounds so cool, what a great idea.

How do you place the wick in the candle properly? Is it as simple as just attaching a metal base to the wick and sticking it in?

P.s. Thankyou for the link which you posted earlier
Old 07-06-2017, 07:51 PM
Master
Hi RedEmbers you are most welcome my dear ;-). To keep the wick in place in the tin or jar I just use them little sticky dots and that does the job.

Love GA x
Old 16-07-2017, 12:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinet noir
That sounds nice! :)

I have some Aloe Vera which I will probably use as a base for essential oils to help with anxiety. At the moment I use Chamomile soap, so I'm keen to try a blend with that out too

Hi martinet noir, so sorry for my late reply. Have you tried using mandarin with ylang ylang? this blend is very good for anxiety also maybe add some frankincense too for grounding. I hope this helps.

Love GA x
Old 16-07-2017, 12:57 PM
Master
Do any of you make your own deep hair conditioner's?

I have been using this blend for some time so I will share it with you along with some other's to try out ;-D

You will need a 50ml amber bottle, some Argan oil, Coconut oil, and castor oil.
Add 20mls castor oil, 20 mls coconut oil, and 10 mls argan oil, mix well you can also add 10 drops of rosemary essential oil if you wish too, shake the bottle well for every use, apply a small amount of oil to the palm of the hands then begin massaging your scalp by doing this you are stimulating the hair follicles and bringing fresh blood to the scalp, keep doing this method until you have put a good coat on the scalp and hair, then add some to the ends of the hair, comb or brush your hair to distribute the oil, then pop on a shower cap and a warm towel and leave on for an hour or more, wash your hair as normal, you may need to wash it twice as castor oil is thick in texture.

I will post some more shortly.
Love GA x
Old 16-07-2017, 01:17 PM
Master
Some more to try out ;-)

Advocado deep conditioner:
1/2 mashed ripe advocado
1/2 Tsp of Olive oil
3 drops of lavender or rosemary oil (Optional).
mix all the ingredients well, apply to the hair and especially the end's of the hair, pop on a shower cap and warm towel and leave on for 10 minutes, then rinse the hair well.

Olive oil & Honey:
1/4 cup of Honey (Runny honey)
1/4 cup of Olive oil, mix well then apply to your hair and the ends of the hair, pop on shower cap and warm towel, leave on for 20 mins then rinse the hair well.

Coconut & Egg:
melt 1/2 cup of coconut oil till it is liquid, then add 1 egg, mix well then apply to the hair and the ends of the hair, again shower cap and warm towel, leave on for 20 mins then rinse well.

Advocado, banana, coconut milk, mayonnaise & honey mask:
Mash 1 advocado,
1/2 can of coconut milk,
1/4 cup of mayonnaise
1/4 cup of honey
1/2 a banana, add all ingredients to a blender and blend well until no lumps, if any lumps then sieve mixture, apply to the hair and the ends of the hair, pop on shower cap and warm towel, leave for 20 mins then rinse well.

Love GA x
Old 17-07-2017, 09:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Angel
Hi martinet noir, so sorry for my late reply. Have you tried using mandarin with ylang ylang? this blend is very good for anxiety also maybe add some frankincense too for grounding. I hope this helps.

Love GA x

Hi! I will get some mandarin oil and try it out in a roll on thingy :)
Old 17-07-2017, 05:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinet noir
Hi! I will get some mandarin oil and try it out in a roll on thingy :)

Ah yes good Idea then roll it on your pulse points, you can also pop a few drops in a diffuser too. Mandarin is a very cheery oil and good for lifting the spirit's and ylang ylang will help soothe anxiety and panic and good for a racing pulse too. ;-)
Love GA x
Old 17-07-2017, 06:53 PM
Master
Thanks! Some organic oil is on the way :)

I noticed that a few others that I also bought may help:

Juniperberry, Siberian Fir Needle, May Chang, Niaouli, Marjoram, Fennel, Bergamot, Helichrysum, Basil, Cypress and Clove Bud.