Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 23-08-2017, 10:39 PM
Knower

Obsidian! I love it, but...

Like the title says, I love obsidian. I always have. It's the one stone that I've always felt drawn too.

I got some last year from my aunt who found it in the Mojave desert, she really likes it too.

Anyway, I started using it in different ways; under my pillow during sleep, mediation, prayer, etc.

But I'm starting to realize I really have no clue what obsidians functions actually are.

I have used the big chunk a couple times when trying to communicate with spirits, always with white candles and for some reason I had the urge to put it in a white bowl filled with water. idk why, it just felt right.

My dad and I moved into a new home, and since moving in we've been hearing footsteps when no one is there, doors opening and closing on their own, weird knocking noises. The mobile home is not that old, the floors don't creek and the plumbing is fine, and I just felt like there is something here.

So I decided to open up some communication using my pendulum as a tool and it was the strongest pull on my pendulum I have ever felt with the clearest answers I've ever seen.

While communicating I started to get the vibe that it wasn't trustworthy, it refused to answer a lot of questions and it was kind of like dealing with a difficult child.

So I decided to end it and told the spirit that it was no longer welcome in my home, then said a prayer and smudged my home.

BUT, the spirit did not go away!
in fact, it's almost like it's demanding more attention. My dad was skeptical at first, but one night when I was gone and didn't get back til late he thought I had come home hours ago because he heard someone walking through the hallway.

the knocking sounds are becoming more persistent - and I can FEEL it.

I can't help but consider that it may be because of the obsidian and me not using it properly :/

I put the obsidian next to a rose in the backyard that I really enjoy to maybe let it absorb good vibes and what not.

So, did I use it wrong? Did I use it right?
How is it usually/ suppose to be used?
Old 29-08-2017, 01:22 PM
Experiencer
Black Obsidian is also one of my favorites. In a nutshell, when I keep it often around me, I tend to find the cause of the effects that are happening in my life, it's like I understand the "why's" and "how's", but it's more than that.

One time, doing an experiment related to the work of Albert Hofmann (coded message hehe), I was staring at my black obsidian sphere, and in just a few seconds, I saw in the reflection of the sphere, a quick shadow that came from the ceiling towards me/the sphere. I quickly stood up and went in another room, light up all lights and tried to forget about it. Couldn't have the balls to keep staying there, I didn't freak out, but it was like I put a 'pause' on the freaking out, knowing I was not alone in the house.

There is definitely more to the Black Obsidian than its effects on us in the context of crystals and stones effects...

About what you said, I may not be the best to tell you this, but the more you think about something you described could be real, the bigger the chances are increasing for it to actually be real. It's hard for you to hear me say 'try to forget and move on', although that is what I would say.
Old 04-09-2017, 03:51 PM
Administrator
Hello

I have put down two that work well combined for communications both are gentle in nature and easily absorbed. You can use them with Obsidian as well. At times its about accepting that we are never alone and embracing that we hold the power to keep things calm.

Amethyst opens up the upper chakras, clearing the energy pathways. It helps alleviate anxiety and impatience so you can concentrate better during meditation. A wonderful aid for spiritual journeys, it helps the user gain greater insights while protecting the user. It is particularly powerful for dream messages.

Clear Quartz is the ultimate amplifier. It boosts the energy of any crystal you use and concentrates your energies towards your goal. Not only does it do this, but it also creates a bond with the spirit realm in and of itself. It acts as a fantastic channel for higher beings and

Obsidian (including Snowflake)

Mystical Properties:
Obsidian in general helps to alleviate pain, reducing tension and releasing energy; it is also told to accelerate the physical healing of wounds. Obsidian is an excellent stone simply to have around to absorb and transform the negative energies in to positive. It will vibrate calmness and security, and stabilize the energies of all persons within its reach.

Snowflake Obsidian aids in clearer and more logical thinking. Carry this stone to keep others from taking advantage. This stone will reveal what needs to be changed in life to assist one in advancing.

Healing Properties:

Obsidian helps ailments of the stomach and intestines, it is a powerful healing stone but only for some. It is also said to improve one’s vision.

Magical Properties: Healing
Energy: Protective
Element: Fire
Powers: Protection, grounding, divination and peace
Zodiac: Sagittarius
Planet: Saturn
Chakra Classification: Root and Third Eye