Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 13-03-2019, 07:00 AM
Pathfinder

What are the dangers of astral projection

What are the real dangers of astral projection? I hear a lot on the internet about it being unsafe. Is that true? What exactly could happen?
Old 13-03-2019, 08:08 AM
Deactivated Account

That aside,what are the dangers of constantly asking questions and posting

threads that you don't take on board,despite others giving you good advice

and trying and wanting to help you.

That to date,you haven't.

Honestly,it's like a revolving door where to a point do people stop giving

advice and stop trying to help you?

Think about it.

Mod wise,cruel to be kind,sometimes you gotta be blunt.
Old 14-03-2019, 07:30 AM
Pathfinder

Is that what I’m doing? I didn’t notice it was like that. What would you prefer me to do?
Old 14-03-2019, 05:02 PM
Ascender

As no-one else has answered I'll throw in a couple of thoughts, but these are based on my reading, not on actual experience.

There are various fears associated with astral projection.

1) The fear of the unknown.

Conscious astral travel opens up a whole new world which we have to adapt to. We may wonder if we can deal with this new environment and new experiences. It seems to be a process of learning, of trial and error, of learning to function effectively while out-of-body.

2) Fear or being attacked by unfriendly entities.

Robert Monroe describes many experiences where there were other entities present and he was unsure of their intentions. But we can invoke guidance and protection, and if all else fails we return to the body. Other writers say there is no danger of being attacked.

3) Fear of being unable to return to the body.

All writers say that this is not a problem. Return to the body happens automatically at some point if we have not already chosen to return. According to some, the real difficulty can be remaining out-of-body.

4) Fear that the body may die while we are away from it.

Supposedly we leave our bodies every night while sleeping, and the body survives the night quite happily. This does not seem to be an issue.

A few writers do talk about possible dangers of astral travel, but many others say that these dangers do not exist.

Peace.
Old 14-03-2019, 06:35 PM
Ascender

I imagine that people could get lost/captivated by such images, when really, it's just another manifestation.
First you understand the Dhamma with your thoughts. If you begin to understand it, you will practice it. And if you practice it, you will begin to see it, you are the Dhamma and you have the joy of the Buddha.

- Ajahn Chah
Old 15-03-2019, 07:29 PM
Master

Most people state there are not any real problems with going out of body , as we all do it during deep sleep but dont remember or as remember as a dream. There are some you tube videos on the dangers and Erin Pavlina has a blog on it . On you tube you need to stay away from the fear based church groups and Erin is selling stuff off he site or I would post a link. Erin is erinpavlina ( dot) com
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...l+project ion
Old 16-03-2019, 08:34 PM
Newbie ;)

I think the dangers are the same as the dangers of a nightmare....PTSD
Old 16-03-2019, 09:12 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by realizefun
What are the real dangers of astral projection? I hear a lot on the internet about it being unsafe. Is that true? What exactly could happen?
You'll create what you believe and fear. That's subjective danger.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.