Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 07-03-2019, 05:22 PM
ImthatIm

Lords prayer

Quote:
After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Just love this prayer.

^^
Old 08-03-2019, 05:57 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Just love this prayer.

^^

I have a couple of questions for you... what does "thy kingdom come" means to you? and do you know what Jesus meant when he told us to pray to his Father for this "Kingdom?" thanks!
Old 08-03-2019, 10:48 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
I have a couple of questions for you... what does "thy kingdom come" means to you? and do you know what Jesus meant when he told us to pray to his Father for this "Kingdom?" thanks!

Thanks for the question.

The kingdom I think of is the one referred to as "near".
The one "at hand".
And "in the midst".

Personally to me it is giving over the throne of my heart and soul to Christ and the Holy Spirit of God to rule from.(making me a loyal subject in the kingdom)and turning my will and life over to them, which in turn makes me a son.

Of course it is more in depth but this is the short answer.

^^
Old 10-03-2019, 02:00 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50

To respond to what Jesus meant when He told us to pray this way. "to his Father for this (Kingdom)."

I would say that in your secret private prayers is where you want to experience this Kingdom more and more since it is our reward.

All this is in the verses prior.So it is what Jesus said.But as to what he meant if it is different from what he said.
I will not guess.
Old 10-03-2019, 05:10 PM
ImthatIm

The WORD the living WORD.
It grows in us, to what heights I do not know.
My hopes are assured by faith the Lord to show
Grace transforms me gently by the WORD and LIFE
Combining knowing one another like Man and Wife
A union so Holy that angels do sing our fame
Our Father which art in heaven Hollowed BE THY NAME.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:22 PM
Deactivated Account

Wow!!! I like the way you have answered it, purely from the WORD... I'm going to start quoting your words