Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 01:19 PM
dreamer

Hey Dasa,

everything is truth, how could it not be? Everything is perfection, how could it not be? what is a path but a before during and after this moment now and as bob says it is in this moment now that all eternity exists. You have attained pure perfection just by existing in this moment, you are Godly because you exist in this moment, the doubts they are just entertainment, comedy, forgetfullness. In reality there is no path just a never ending moment - now, the scenary changes but the moment stays fixed and the funny thing is you create the scenary, when something ****y happens to you you wrote it for yourself with some prior ignorant or passionate thought, when life is good it is the manifestation of a wise thought - you create your world, you can see the three gunas all around you and there is truth in all of it, how could there not be you created it, it is the truth of what you are - your reflection.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:07 PM
DASA

Reflections...

Hi Dreamer & Bob,

It seems a strange coincidence to me that you both share such similar views but then I suppose the world is full of strange coincidences. ;-)

With all possible respect, I just can't buy into what you are saying. The mental gymnastics which you mention do not equate even an inch to the joy of love in my experience.

Gouranga

Your servant,

Das
Old 07-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Lord Haw-Haw

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASA
Hi Dreamer & Bob,

It seems a strange coincidence to me that you both share such similar views but then I suppose the world is full of strange coincidences. ;-)

With all possible respect, I just can't buy into what you are saying. The mental gymnastics which you mention do not equate even an inch to the joy of love in my experience.

Gouranga

Your servant,

Das

Hi Dasa,

May I ask...What do you mean by 'Love'...specifically?

Thanks

LHH
Old 07-06-2006, 06:55 PM
dreamer

Hi Dasa,

I know what you mean i had the same thought myself a while back but the answer is no we are not the same person taking on different personas, at least not in the way that i think you mean although we obviously are in the other way which i am assuming you are not intending to mean, (but as my old boss used to say assume makes an *** out of u and me) although you do strike me as being a bit of a prankster so you could well mean the second thing rather than the first in which case the joke is on me and it amuses me that you have played it straight so well and if you mean the first then it is amusing to watch you chase your tail so.

It's funny how something can be funny in these two ways is it not. The difference between joker and fool is one of understanding it seems, and understanding gives one the ability to play/act the fool rather than be the fool.

Last edited by dreamer : 07-06-2006 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:01 AM
Creator

WOW!! Excellent reading in this thread
Old 08-06-2006, 10:15 AM
Bob23

Hey Creator,

Yeah 'Dumb and Dumber' is one of my favourites to!

Regarding this whole idea of being in the now...well, to use seperated words to describe something the description itself is not, is like a process or mental story of a seperated me, with a seperate 'now' or 'not me' that interact or I can say I'm in. Again, all of those descriptions sound real nice but have nothing to do with simple unicity as it's occuring.

Maybe it would be appropriate and simpler to say..."There is no seperate self who is in something else!"

Or maybe it would be simpler to say..."There is no~one!"

Or it may be even simpler to say no~thing!

And that's everything for now.

Bob23.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob23
Hey Creator,

Again, all of those descriptions sound real nice but have nothing to do with simple unicity as it's occuring.

Maybe it would be appropriate and simpler to say..."There is no seperate self who is in something else!"

Or maybe it would be simpler to say..."There is no~one!"

Or it may be even simpler to say no~thing!
Bob23.
Wow you guys been talking aint ya.

Well guys I may be lower down the scale than most, I may just be not open enough but I have to say that my tendencies are with dasa on this one, and shame on you guys for ganging up on him!!! Ha ha

Joking aside for years i played these literal zen games (hence the name) there is no I, what is it that speaks when no~thing exists, and forgive me but unless that is really how it is for you guys, if you actually experience that level of cosmic consciousness where you are me and to you , I am you, unless thats how it is for you, surely it is just semantics?

I agree with an earlier quote of yours Bob and I hold both you and dreamer in very high regard, but when you say ` how then can a person suddenly, without any spiritual practice, realise (I know thats just a word but it`ll do) one ness.` (I know thats not exactly what you said but it gives the jist doesnt it/)
I would answer thus, firstly show me such a person, and secondly how do we know what effort this being put in , in previous lifetimes, it may have been massive.
There is a truth in your words guys I know it, we are already what we seek, you are right, but we have to earn the right to appreciate that, we have to become ready for it, I do not think it just takes place without effort.
You could be right Bob and dreamer and I could be wrong. Hopefully the creator will make it clear to all of us Great posts tho, thought provoking
Namaste

Last edited by peteyzen : 08-06-2006 at 01:49 PM.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:21 PM
dreamer

Hi Peteyzen,

I have known a small number of people in my life who have possesed for want of a better word Tau and the one thing that has connected these people is a complete rejection of any indoctrination from outside sources. now to a priest or scholar these people would have probably appeared average, they may not have been able to articulate the working of the spirit but they knew all they needed to know in their bones as it were. Is this the type of person you wanted to be shown?
Old 08-06-2006, 02:24 PM
Bob23

Hey Peteyzen,

May I offer encouragement to all the work and investment during the seeking and yearning that is so eagerly desiring an end to the perpetual investment which has been put into the finding of what is believed to be lost!

And whilst all that is going on...I'll have a cuppa tea and a cigarette.

To quote Ram Tzu:~

You can only be lost
If you are trying
to get somewhere.

The 'very simple' has been alluded to all along but attachment to the complicated is just too hard to let go of!

Oneness loves the game of hide and seek...have you noticed?

Encouragingly yours,

Bob23.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:08 PM
DASA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer
The difference between joker and fool is one of understanding it seems, and understanding gives one the ability to play/act the fool rather than be the fool.

Word jugglery is of no help here - we are suffering under the illusion, jokers and fools together. Even if our sense of ego doesn't like to admit it.
Closed Thread