Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Master
Hi Glory
No the answer is okay, its logical it fits the criterion and it has a modern kind of feel.
No disrespect, when I say modern I mean that we do this these days, when the path gets hard, after a long time, we try something else.

I remeber tales of zen buddhist monks spending their lives battling with one koan , ceaslessly working on it and maybe if they were lucky after twenty or thirty years they would get a breakthrough. We fiddle with something for two months and if it aint providing solutions its time to move on.

The puzzzle peices do not always add up to the big picture in my experience, they can add up to a muddle a bit of this and a bit of that, baking a cake using four different peoples favourite ingredients from four different cakes usually makes something vile and bad tasting.

The really hard part, I find is sticking to it, because no path is smooth, they are hard and the ego will kick back hard as progress is made, very hard!! But how can one tell when it is time to say `this isn`t working`, because there are no manuals for this, there is no simple solution.

Each way is like the cake I mentioned earlier, the ingredients are added in an order, in set amounts and cooked for a set time to get a desired result. By walking away from a path during the `cooking time`, does one do more good or more damage?
Is it correct, having chosen a path or system, to just follow it to its conclusion?
Thats what my mate says anyway!
Old 02-08-2006, 08:16 PM
dreamer

Hi Peteyzen,

I am compelled to ask again, are you experiencing the oneness? The reflection and the source aren't they the same in essence?
Old 03-08-2006, 12:27 AM
Glorymist

Sorry Peteyzen - -

I truly acknowledge that this is the way that my last reply to you could have been interpreted. And - - I agree - - that the way my last reply sounded - - as tho one can hop from one belief to another rather easily and haphazardly - - that is the way of today's world.

I should have made it more clear. I offered what I said in the earlier reply from the stance that - - when the path / set of beliefs clearly are NOT working for you - - when the set of teachings do not give you the answers that you seek - - when you begin to ask questions / seek principles that the priestcraft of said treachings give you some dancestep - - when you can pretty much see that you are working yourself beyond the set of teachings you are in - - then it is time to move on.

There comes a time to mov on from Christianity. NO offense against Christianity. It is vital to and for those that are based in it.

There comes a time to move on from wherever we are - - and that usually and most often comes from having spent long lifetimes within said teachings - - whether we remember them specifically or not.

If the person you talked about is running into minor / slight difficulities - - then - - it still depends on what they are looking for as to whether they should stay or not.

But personally speaking - - there comes a time to leave most all teachings behind - - one way or another. But that step should NOT be taken lightly.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:30 AM
Glorymist

And dreamer - -

Is the reflection in the mirror the same as you ??
Old 03-08-2006, 08:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer
Hi Peteyzen,

I am compelled to ask again, are you experiencing the oneness? The reflection and the source aren't they the same in essence?

Hi dreamer, the crux of it my friend is this word `experience` actual experience of oneness, whatever that may feel like or be, is eluding me.

I feel like I have a wealth of knowledge, and that is great, but the really important experiences, the big steps, like `experiencing` oneness, they are not happening.
i think that the truth of it is, more work is needed, but I`m a lazy so and so, and want it now (don`t we all?).
Sometimes this desire builds up in me and I have a hissy fit.
Cant seem to get by this stage mate, sorry for moaning.
What of you dreamer, do you genuinly experience oneness? How does it feel?

Glory: thank you my dear for the clarification, and of course you are correct, unless somebody is already on the ultimate path of copurse, and there must be one.
Yes people do go beyond their religion, loook at sufi`s and the christian mystics, but these higher truths come after first working within their religion, until a time comes when thru the religion and their practice and god`s grace, they attain a higher level of understanding, or so I believe.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:31 PM
Creator

Hey Peteyzen,

My concept of oneness has come to me by asking God to answer some questions for me or show me a way. I
Old 04-08-2006, 09:55 AM
Master
Thanks creator,
I see where you are coming from, its the `Nothing ever happens by accident` scenario, and yes I have experienced this myself.Books falling off shelves into my hands, with exactly the answers I needed at the time. Synchronicity as they say.
I guess my problem is that , sometimes, it all seems a little vague and cutesy. You know, and I want to actually see through Maya, I want to actually see God , not as is often stated, `Well your looking at God every time you open your eyes, its all God`.
Yes I know this is true (or believe it is) I apologise for the lacvk of humility (which is probably my stumbling block) but I don`t want vague anymore, I want concrete, I need concrete.
Appreciate you take on things creator and I always enjoy and learn from your posts, I`m just struggling with a plateau nthat I have sat on for ten years or more now my friend. I know that the answer wont come from a web site, it comes from pushing through.

Love you all. Pete
Old 04-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Ascended Master

Hi Pete

Know how you feel...

Especially where it comes to the cutesy stuff? lol

A book that helped was The Secret of Shambhalla (Excuse the spelling!) - the 11th insight in the Celestine Prophecy series?

A very true reflection of how we bring on positive or negative experiences in a karmic fashion? And it explains how to control and create them? Fascinating studies. That man James Redfield is a genius!
And he's a geezer too, so not much cutsey going on in order to put you off! lol

Then if you feel ready, the Celestine Vision is a good bolster document.
Helps to show you how there are logical scientific explanations to karma?
Which can be seen and understood, as long as you are looking through the eyes of somone who has become 'aware' of the sychronistic concept?
Which in my experience, comes with following, and then 'understanding' the Celestine series.

Not sure if you've read them or not, but the 11th insight is the third book in the series. And it'd pay to start at the beginning and work your way through.

Love and light,

AM
Old 04-08-2006, 03:49 PM
dreamer

Hi Pete,

your "laziness" is a gift, to get "it" you must let go. Oneness shows itself in three ways, first through synchronicity (we are one mind), second through meditation and focus on the third eye(we are one body) and third you'll have to see for yourself with this cos it's a bit freaky(we are one spirit) any of these are as valid as the others, each depends upon a different thought processes leading from the previous. In "my" experience it is helpful to think in terms of oneness from a synchronicity point of view first, see things as a dream and you are the dreamer - everything is an aspect of yourSELF all is from one source your mind(really think about this), build up an understanding of oneness in this way and it leads you on to further revelations, it progresses thought - understanding - realisation - belief - next level thought - understanding etc got to believe it to see it.

This is of course just "my" experience, but a good starting point "i" would say is asking yourself - what can you be absolutely certain of and then finding out more about that one thing. Ask yourself who dreamer is in reality, can you be sure? I'm not saying you are wrong or right but it's a thought that might yield some fruit if you are looking to see beyond the veil.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:03 AM
Glorymist

Peteyzen - -

If I may be so bold as to offer a suggestion or two - -

If one is "stuck" - - it is often a case of not knowing what it is that they wish to "learn" or "discover." Where it is they would like to "go" on the Path. What do they want to "figure out." What is the next step they would like to "attain." NOT as some vague goal such as - - I want to know God - - but as a viable, knowing, recognizable step.

Secondly - - if the above cannot be determined - - then the next best thing to do is uncover a limiting belief or habit and just work on that. To free oneself from a limitation or two. In that way - - one progresses on the Path whether one believes that they are really "getting" anywhere or not.

And - - how to determine what these limitations are ??

Just watch your daily life. You run into them all the time. People just don't like them and get all grumbly about them and just shrug them off as the inconviences of life. But they're not. They are things you react negatively to. And so - - limit you. Yes - - one can just "turn themselves off" to them and become an unfeeling zombie and then consider that these limitations have been dealt with - - but they really haven't. They've just been buried.

To actually determine a real limitation - - and then to set about reshaping that facet of Self - - IS - - much of the Path. It sets you free. Then Soul naturally "rises" because of the lesser weights upon it - - weights being the karmic implications these limiting behaviors have within the emotional / causal / mental / etheric bodies themselves.

Did that make any sense at all ??
Closed Thread