Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 27-01-2014, 09:14 PM
AdAstra

Yeah I worry about how my joints will be in the future because of running...but it just feels too good to not do it. Maybe there are certain ways to run to prevent injuries, or invest in some vibram toe shoes? :P
Old 27-01-2014, 09:15 PM
AdAstra

I hear they're better for your balance and joints since it's like running barefoot almost
Old 27-01-2014, 09:24 PM
Master

I love those toe shoes

Running in a relaxed, athletic, even way is ok - if you are not overweight - I would say - but if you are overweight, then perhaps fast-walking is better? I used to fast-walk with my trainer when I had one and oh boy you could really work up a sweat and a heart beat by serious fast walking. And all that without the banging on the joints.
Old 27-01-2014, 09:49 PM
Seeker
I just started jogging about three weeks ago. I already noticed a difference and have dropped a few pounds. Mostly, I like it because I don't have to make a big effort to drive to the gym, pay, change, etc. I used to swim regularly but I work nights now and the swim schedule just doesn't work with my work schedule. So running has been the best choice since I can run before I go to work.

I feel great but I still can't run very far at all. I usually jog for a short while and then speed walk and then run, repeat. I have noticed a difference in how long I can go though. I think it will be a slow progression for me. I'm so out of shape and overweight - but I'm not really doing it to lose weight. I'm doing it so that I can keep my body moving. Plus I think it's an excellent form of meditation!

Glad I got into it... I'm not doing it every day but rather 3-4 times a week. Hopefully in a few months I can come back and say that I can run for much longer!
Old 27-01-2014, 10:02 PM
Master

Rest is very very important in a workout schedule. Be sure to build rest days into a schedule as it is by resting that muscles actually strengthen.

And rest after a workout - not a 24/7 rest!
Old 29-03-2014, 07:39 AM
Landon

It's good for the health and fitness.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:02 PM
Pathfinder
I just started running about 2 or so weeks ago, and I'm hoping to stick with it for good this time. I still cannot run very far without getting tired and needing to slow down for a bit, but I have already noticed a difference in how far I can run compared to when I first started! I'm very happy with my improvement so far, even if it is only a little. :)
Old 11-04-2014, 01:07 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealily
I just started running about 2 or so weeks ago, and I'm hoping to stick with it for good this time. I still cannot run very far without getting tired and needing to slow down for a bit, but I have already noticed a difference in how far I can run compared to when I first started! I'm very happy with my improvement so far, even if it is only a little. :)

you and i both. i've been running for about 2 weeks now, and my physical fitness levels are turrible. however, each time i run i gain a little more stamina and speed. plus i focus on how great i feel when i've finished running!
Old 17-04-2014, 09:02 AM
Seeker

wow now i dont feel paint at my joints after a month of trying to jog i can now jog for 4 hours you can also do it but dont force urself
Old 02-10-2014, 04:01 PM
Pathfinder

I have more energy and my legs look good :)