Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 07-11-2016, 03:07 PM
dattaswami

Replies on Comments of Sai Baba

Recently some ardent devotees of Shri Shirdi Sai Baba approached Shri Datta Swami expressing their pain about the criticism of Baba from Shri Swaroopananda ji, the head of Dvaarakaapeeth. Swami gave the following message to them.

Shri Datta Swami replies all of Shri Swaroopananda's comments:

Sai Baba Was a Hindu ...

The remark that Saibaba has no tradition of preachers (Guru parampara) is also meaningless. He was the disciple of Shri Venkusa, who was disciple of Lord Venkateswara. The same tradition can be seen in the sect of Shankaracharyas also. Swami Chandrasekhara was a disciple of Adi Shankara, who was disciple of Lord Shiva. Saibaba keept a brick along with Him, which was given by Shri Venkusa as a gift of His grace.

The Number of God’s Incarnations ...

The remark that Saibaba was not mentioned in the 22 incarnations that appear in this age of Kali is also meaningless. Adi Shankara is considered to be the incarnation of God mentioned even in the Veda. The Veda says that the God will come with shaved head (vyupta keshaya cha). Adi Shankara is not mentioned in those 22 incarnations as mentioned in the Bhagavatam. The Veda is more superior authority than the Bhagavatam (shrutireva gariyasi). The Gita says that God will incarnate whenever there is a necessity (yadaa yadaa hi). The number cannot be a controlling factor of God. Such number is not mentioned in the Veda. Will Shri Swamiji say that Adi Shankara is also not a human incarnation of God just like Saibaba based on the number 22?
Ban on Bathing in the Ganga

The remark that the devotees of Saibaba should not take bath in Ganga River shows the extensively solidified ignorance of Swamiji. The nature of any river is to contain the water, which is a chemical compound of Hydrogen and Oxygen in 2:1 ratio. Along with the water, several pollutants and minerals are associated. As far as the water is concerned, there is no difference between any two rivers. At present, the pollutants representing the bad qualities of ignorance are highest in number in the river Ganga. This really represents the polluted mind of Swamiji also. Hence, the meaning of his warning to the devotees of Saibaba indicates that they should not dip in ignorance.

However, now, there is a proposal to purify the water of Ganga River just like My present message to clean the remarks of Swamiji. There are other rivers born in Himalayas and end in the ocean. When other rivers are exempted from restriction to bath, why not the Ganga river also? In the Mahimnah Stotram, which is considered to be the best of all prayers (Mahimno naapara stutih), it is said that just like all rivers travelling in straight or curved paths reach the same ocean finally, all the religions with different straight or curved cultures reach the same final goal, the same one God (payasaamarnava iva).

Vegetarianism and God ...

If Swamiji (the Shankaracharya of Dwaraka peetham) says that Saibaba was a non-vegetarian, Shri Rama was also a non-vegetarian. On this basis, Swamiji cannot say that the devotees worshipping Saibaba should not worship Shri Rama. The food habits belong to the external culture. God follows the line of external culture of a particular sect of people so that He can become friendly to them and slowly introduce the spiritual knowledge to them to bring them out of the sin of violence in the non-vegetarian path. A person standing outside wishing to bring out the drowning person in mud pond can drag him out by jumping into the same mud pond. Mud will stick to his body also. A running bull can be controlled by you after some steps only in which you have to also run along with the bull.

Hence, God in human form has to follow the path of ignorance for sometime to become friendly with ignorant people before bringing them out of the ignorance. Thus, the non-vegetarian habit of Jesus can be also viewed as in the case of Shri Rama. However, the remark on Shri Saibaba that He was a non-vegetarian is not correct. He only supplied the non-vegetarian food to the non-vegetarians and slowly preached about the non-violence to stop the habit of non-vegetarian food. The remark that Saibaba killed a goat is also wrong. He ordered a bramhin to kill the goat to test the faith of that devotee in Him. Then, the devotee became ready to kill the goat. He stopped the devotee telling that He Himself will kill the goat. In fact, the goat died immediately without killing from anybody. This shows that God in Saibaba was speaking all this denoting that the death of any living being is on the will of the God only.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:10 PM
Master
I dont need a yogi or swami to tell me who Baba was, as with most people who felt his prescence and experienced his darshan, in the flesh or at a distance. Baba is divine. Only someone who hadn`t expereinced that or whos ego is too young still could ever say otherwise.
Jai Sai Ram
Old 12-11-2016, 04:59 AM
dattaswami

it is not only knowing self. But, the fears of others should be also dispelled that too with the help of scriptures. When analyzed with the help scriptures, even scholars of scriptures will also convince.

The Swamiji who made these comments also need to be convinced. A normal human being who has no knowledge of scriptures cannot do it. A Swami or saint, who is scholar of scriptures only can answer and clarify other people. So, you may not require, there are many who require. Above that the same Baba may come again and again for the people to give guidance and put them in the right path.

Lord comes in human form in every human generation to preach and give His direct presence. If the Lord comes in only one human generation, God becomes partial to that human generation because other human generations are not blessed with such opportunity.

To see, to touch, to talk and to live with the human incarnation, He comes down as per the prayers of the devotees. The Lord comes to preach and so He will not enter the statues or animals or birds. Veda says ‘Na tasya pratima asti’’ which means that God will not enter the inert statues. Gita says ‘Manusheem tanu masritam’ which means that God enters the human body only because the main purpose is to preach the human beings.
Old 14-11-2016, 12:22 PM
Master
Hi dattaswami,
Scriptures are useful guides, but humans misinterpret them, even the gita. The divine comes in human form, when he/she wants to. God will never be defined by a book or what it says therein. As one who was fortunate enough to feel Baba`s divine grace, as I said above, I know he was divine.
Jai sri krsna
Old 14-11-2016, 12:29 PM
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
As one who was fortunate enough to feel Baba`s
divine grace, as I said above, I know he was divine.
Jai sri krsna
How nice to hear. Thank you.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-11-2016, 05:52 PM
dattaswami

(Excerpt from message of Shri Datta Swami)

Lord comes in human form in every human generation to preach and give His direct presence. If the Lord comes in only one human generation, God becomes partial to that human generation because other human generations are not blessed with such opportunity.

To see, to touch, to talk and to live with the human incarnation, He comes down as per the prayers of the devotees. The Lord comes to preach and so He will not enter the statues or animals or birds. Veda says ‘Na tasya pratima asti’’ which means that God will not enter the inert statues. Gita says ‘Manusheem tanu masritam’ which means that God enters the human body only because the main purpose is to preach the human beings.

Identity mark to recognize human incarnation of God

Real characteristic properties of the Lord as declared by Veda are the Special Knowledge (Prajnana), the Love (Rasa or Prema) & Bliss (Ananda). Veda also says that these three characteristics must be experienced by others if the possessor is having really those characteristics.

The characteristic property of the fire is heat. Any person, who is near fire, should experience heat and then only we can say that fire is hot. Similarly, Lord in human form must make others to experience the Jnana, Prema and Ananda. Veda says ‘Esha Hyeva Anandayati’, which means that God creates Bliss in the hearts of others. Lord should not be recognized merely by miracles because even demons performed these miracles. Miracles are only associated property like jewels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
Hi dattaswami,
Scriptures are useful guides, but humans misinterpret them, even the gita. The divine comes in human form, when he/she wants to. God will never be defined by a book or what it says therein. As one who was fortunate enough to feel Baba`s divine grace, as I said above, I know he was divine.
Jai sri krsna
Old 14-11-2016, 08:48 PM
Ascender
"The characteristic property of the fire is heat. Any person, who is near fire, should experience heat and then only we can say that fire is hot. Similarly, Lord in human form must make others to experience"..

Hmm.
Old 14-11-2016, 08:55 PM
Master
I`m not disagreeing with you Dattsswami, I like what you are writing. I was just making the point that nobody can tell you if someone is or isn`t an avatar, if they (the Avatar) want you to know then you will. And we can`t say an Avatar will be this or that... God will be what is needed at any time, he will pull the rug right out from under your feet and unsettle your steady world, he will turn the scriptures on their heads, if that is what he needs to do to reveal our egos.
Trust me an Avatar is an enigma and cannot be understood.
Old 15-11-2016, 12:05 AM
Guide

To complicate matters even more, not all Hindus even believe in the avatara concept. It's primarily a Vaishnava concept. But it's all good. We're all in it together.
Old 15-11-2016, 12:08 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinayaka
To complicate matters even more, not all Hindus even believe in the avatara concept.
It's primarily a Vaishnava concept. But it's all good.
We're all in it together.
I can respect that.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru