Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 10-01-2018, 07:51 AM
Pathfinder

Lilith left Eden

She left Eden.

Could you believe it?
Both Adam and Eve were banished from Eden.

Lilith just left.

Why?

Not only did she leave,
she left using God's lent powers,
and upon leaving, seeing the world outside paradise,
even when three angels came for her,
even then she refused to return.
She refused so much, she even accepted having her children killed,
and retaliated by equally killing Adam's children.

She refused paradise that badly.
Just because she didn't want to be Adam's subordinate.

I don't understand.

I don't understand how anyone could turn from paradise
just to save her pride and just to be herself.

What does it take for her to return?
Did she ever want to return?

Is she really happy?
If she's not what's the cost for her to be happy?
Who in the right mind does not want happiness?

Can't she just swallow her pride, just this once?
Just this once?

Please?
Old 10-01-2018, 12:09 PM
Master
Saw about 5 mins of this the other day ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ErjpGDvfVQ

x daz x
Old 10-01-2018, 08:22 PM
Master

she probably represents the rebellious, perverse, stubborn, opposing part within the psyche (we all have?)that would have to be feminine since its negative and cold and internal.

that part that would rather see death than something giving them no will.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonolil

Seems reasonable, even paradise isn't paradise without freedom.

And why do men think women should be subordinate to them?
They are to be our partners, equals in life.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:19 PM
Master

where is lilith's life written about?
Old 12-01-2018, 02:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
where is lilith's life written about?
https://www.thoughtco.com/legend-of-...rigins-2076660
Old 12-01-2018, 03:31 PM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonolil
She left Eden.

Could you believe it?
Both Adam and Eve were banished from Eden.

Lilith just left.

Why?

Not only did she leave,
she left using God's lent powers,
and upon leaving, seeing the world outside paradise,
even when three angels came for her,
even then she refused to return.
She refused so much, she even accepted having her children killed,
and retaliated by equally killing Adam's children.

I don't understand.

I don't understand how anyone could turn from paradise
just to save her pride and just to be herself.

What does it take for her to return?
Did she ever want to return?

Is she really happy?
If she's not what's the cost for her to be happy?
Who in the right mind does not want happiness?

Can't she just swallow her pride, just this once?
Just this once?

Please?

Why does it matter so much to you?
Can you love het as she is? Does god love her as she is?

With love
Eelco
Old 13-01-2018, 06:58 PM
Lorelyen

The legend most spoken of is from Jewish mysticism although She has parallels in most cultures.

Invoking Lilith is difficult work. She's called up from the lowest level of the Qliphoth (the Nightside of the Tree (of Life)) if you know what you're doing.

Legend as briefly summed up here is about right. All she wanted was parity with the man but this was denied her so she turned down Adam. Unlike Eve she was made in her entirety so legend goes, not from one of Adam's ribs. Once She escaped She married Samael (also accessible on the Nightside). Encountering Her isn't something to discuss here as it's darkly occult. It needs a pretty strong, stable mental state.

I followed a link to a youtube of someone "invoking" Lilith. It was pathetic. I doubt it would have invoked goosebumps let alone Lilith. As with a lot of modern spirituality, there's absolute rubbish out on the web about Her. One article I read even claimed Her the serpent in Genesis!

Most of the Qabalistic legend comes from the same provenance as Genesis in the Bible and it's as if Moses had received earthly instructions to ensure that men would dominate everything but particularly the priesthood which in those days meant society at large. How many Rabbinical women from even a century ago can you name?

Anyway, most of the decent legend stuff on pdf has been snapped up by scribid so presumably it has to be paid for.

The best all-round summary (probably most relevant to this thread) is in Thomas Karlsson's Qabalah Qliphoth and Goetic Magic. (the whole book is available as a pdf). The last chapter of the Qliphoth is a visualisation to get into into Thantifaxath where Lilith can be found. Thantifaxath is the first tunnel of Set.

There's also Linda Falorio's Shadow Tarot and her accompanying book Dancing with Demons, both available from Amazon.

A general intro to the Nightside is Kenneth Grant's Nightside of Eden, if you can cope with his Typhonian style. It's pretty safe. It contains nothing that could get you into difficulties. It's there but at the price isn't good value unless you're a follower of Grant.

And finally, a fictional grimoire by Tyson, Liber Lilith (which I found pretty heavy going) but as I understand it, a few adventurous minds have tried to turn into a workable grimoire (at their peril!)

It seems fashionable to portray Her as a maligned goddess who's now redeemed herself. If so, that isn't the Lilith of the Jewish legend. One opinion is that it isn't Lilith being rehabilitated into a benign social figure but that women pursuing this are moving from benign society into evil (if you believe the good/evil dichotomy)!! I mean, crikey, Her name has abusively been taken up by pop bands and songs... perhaps it's a sign of the times.

Take care.
Old 13-01-2018, 08:10 PM
Lepus

Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
The legend most spoken of is from Jewish mysticism although She has parallels in most cultures.

Invoking Lilith is difficult work. She's called up from the lowest level of the Qliphoth (the Nightside of the Tree (of Life)) if you know what you're doing.

Legend as briefly summed up here is about right. All she wanted was parity with the man but this was denied her so she turned down Adam. Unlike Eve she was made in her entirety so legend goes, not from one of Adam's ribs. Once She escaped She married Samael (also accessible on the Nightside). Encountering Her isn't something to discuss here as it's darkly occult. It needs a pretty strong, stable mental state.

I followed a link to a youtube of someone "invoking" Lilith. It was pathetic. I doubt it would have invoked goosebumps let alone Lilith. As with a lot of modern spirituality, there's absolute rubbish out on the web about Her. One article I read even claimed Her the serpent in Genesis!

Most of the Qabalistic legend comes from the same provenance as Genesis in the Bible and it's as if Moses had received earthly instructions to ensure that men would dominate everything but particularly the priesthood which in those days meant society at large. How many Rabbinical women from even a century ago can you name?

Anyway, most of the decent legend stuff on pdf has been snapped up by scribid so presumably it has to be paid for.

The best all-round summary (probably most relevant to this thread) is in Thomas Karlsson's Qabalah Qliphoth and Goetic Magic. (the whole book is available as a pdf). The last chapter of the Qliphoth is a visualisation to get into into Thantifaxath where Lilith can be found. Thantifaxath is the first tunnel of Set.

There's also Linda Falorio's Shadow Tarot and her accompanying book Dancing with Demons, both available from Amazon.

A general intro to the Nightside is Kenneth Grant's Nightside of Eden, if you can cope with his Typhonian style. It's pretty safe. It contains nothing that could get you into difficulties. It's there but at the price isn't good value unless you're a follower of Grant.

And finally, a fictional grimoire by Tyson, Liber Lilith (which I found pretty heavy going) but as I understand it, a few adventurous minds have tried to turn into a workable grimoire (at their peril!)

It seems fashionable to portray Her as a maligned goddess who's now redeemed herself. If so, that isn't the Lilith of the Jewish legend. One opinion is that it isn't Lilith being rehabilitated into a benign social figure but that women pursuing this are moving from benign society into evil (if you believe the good/evil dichotomy)!! I mean, crikey, Her name has abusively been taken up by pop bands and songs... perhaps it's a sign of the times.

Take care.

Was it by any chance this video? The Invocation of Lilith

Lepus
Old 13-01-2018, 08:31 PM
Master
...watched the video...in skip ahead snippets and realized I'm about up to my ears in the 'divine feminine' blather, (was asked to lead a group last night exploring it in fact) It's just another form of duality. Separation. Non Unity.

Looking forward to this exploration getting finished in my society and circles and something else becoming the spiritual fashion of the moment.

Lorelyen I really enjoyed what you wrote, it was informative and your writing style a pleasure to read today.
In your link this was particularly interesting: "Although the tradition of two wives – two Eves – appears early on, (to explain Biblical contradictions between the two Genesis stories) this interpretation of Creation’s timeline was not associated with the character of Lilith until the medieval period".
What follows which came out of the Alphabet of Ben Sira c. 800's to 900's, which is an abomination of mixtures of Myth and Legend going clear back to Sumerian times and vampire legends and other legends melding into what became "Lilith". What results is a story about Lilith, an assertive wife who rebelled against God and husband, was replaced by another woman, and was demonized in Jewish folklore as a dangerous killer of babies.
Later legends also characterize her as a beautiful woman who seduces men or copulates with them in their sleep (a succubus), then spawns demon children. According to some accounts, Lilith is the Queen of Demons.

Ah the time honored tradition of demonizing women....