Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 17-07-2016, 01:05 AM
Newbie ;)

Question My lucid dreams always turn into nightmares

Every time I realize I'm dreaming and I try to manipulate my surroundings to change how the dream goes it turns into a weird static-y nightmare. And sometimes when I was younger and used to lucid dream more, if I told the people in them I was dreaming or let them know that I knew somehow, they would... Get angry? And it would turn into a nightmare from there too. I like that I'm making progress, but I hate how every LD ends up being a nightmare.

Can anyone tell me why they think this happens and a way I can stop it? Maybe how I can turn a nightmare into a dream? Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Old 17-07-2016, 01:10 PM
Suspended
Hello Cap

My dream characters are normally not too pleased to hear that I know I'm dreaming. They either ignore me or look at me like I'm bananas. Or both.

If you are lucid, what is the problem with a nightmare scenario? What do you mean when you say turning a nightmare into a dream? A nightmare is a dream, albeit a bad one.

Can you not enjoy it, given you know it's a dream and it can't hurt you? Many times I've been attacked by dream characters ~ with fists, kicks, daggers and even guns ~ and I've learnt to have fun with these adventures and tease the characters. I become a hologram (as I'm not made of physical stuff, obviously), and let all the weapons etc., simply go through me. It's great watching their faces when they realise they can't do anything to me.

The trouble with getting involved in the drama of a frightening scene (perhaps by fighting back or trying to escape) is it can quickly make you lose lucidity. Because your mind is so busy focusing on the drama, it forgets you are dreaming and the dream becomes non-lucid...turning into a nightmare.

If you remain lucid, you will never again have a nightmare. Keep practising lucidity every time, remaining emotionally-neutral and thinking up new ways to have fun in scary situations. Practise, practise and practise some more and you'll soon be scaring the pants off your dream characters.
Old 27-07-2016, 09:22 PM
Experiencer
Same thing happened to me, one time I told the other people in the dream that it was a dream and at first they all stopped and stared at me then they started fighting me. My guess is that the charators of a regular dream are part of your subconscious mind and prefer to remain on auto piolit. If you watch the movie inseption its the same thing when you draw attention to the dream things start happening. Instead of alerting the other people you can eather fly into another space that doesn't have the original people or you can go with the dream tell you figureout what you want then imagine a door that opens to a place that has that thing and walk though the door away from the original people.
By the way - I know your path has been tried and so - It may seem like the way to go - Me, I'd rather be found - Trying something new - I gotta go find my own way - I gotta go make my own mistakes - Sorry for feeling, feeling the way I do
[b]
Old 27-07-2016, 11:02 PM
Pathfinder
With my lucid dreams, if I tell them it's a dream they either look at me like I'm crazy, or have a look of fear as if their world is crashing before their eyes. Kind of like when people tell us about the astral plane and how this reality isn't real, we look at them like they're bananas.

But usually I rarely bring up to the characters in my dream that it's a dream. When I play along, I get the most out of the experience.

One thing for sure is, when I realize it's a dream for myself, I'm either getting attacked, or killed which usually forces me to wake up. I don't know why. It always confuses me. So I agree about it turning nightmarish. And it's never by the characters, but by shadow beings and dark entities.

Old 27-07-2016, 11:13 PM
Pathfinder
Summon a sidekick or a protector when you realize it's a dream. See if you can give them the role of keeping the characters at bay or helping you through the nightmare part when it comes.

I've had characters help me through lucid dreaming, but as soon as they left chaos emerged. I also summon up the child version of my brother when in nightmare.