Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 12-06-2015, 05:56 AM
Master
Rah Nam-

I kinda know what your talking about. It goes worse than what we hear on the news. There are some sick societies and cults that are high authorities. The Catholic cardinals and priests are just easier to spot and far more vulnerable but 500 years ago that wasn't the case.

And I am tired of this "celibacy leads to child abuse". Does anybody on this forum even know the definition of CELIBACY?!

Celibacy- abstaining from sex and sexual relations.

This doesn't include- masturbation, sexual thoughts, biological urges, and possibly having a girlfriend on the side.

There are plenty of normal priests who are sexually normal, they masturbate, they may even have secret girlfriends and so forth.

It just means they can't have a wife and family and have sex with someone else.

Predatory individuals are either mentally ill or violently sexual. They have a problem that developed from upbringing or what they experienced in life. It is a belief system that some individuals with unhinged minds share. That it is okay to "go there". The same goes for people who are into bestiality. There is something mentally, thoughtfully wrong and screwed up in their thinking.

Jesus was a celibate, Buddha was a celibate, Francis of Assisi was celibate, Theresa of Avila was a celibate, Pope Francis is a celibate. The Dalai Lama is a celibate.

Young people from 12 to even into their 20s or 30s can be celibate and not have girlfriends nor have sexual relations with someone else.

Does that mean every teenager who enjoys exploring their body on their own will develop into a pedophile because they don't have a girlfriend or a boyfriend to have sexual relations with?

I am sorry but ignorance really bothers me and I can't believe people don't know the difference between Celibacy and Abstinence.

Btw a person doesn't need to be a priest. They can be a deacon and perform certain rituals during mass and be married. A previously married priest from another denomination can become a Catholic priest and remain married. A man married who loses his wife and wishes to become a priest later in life can do so.

I don't agree that priests should be restricted from marriage but I am defending why this doesn't cause a hideous sexual preference.

And whoever said we need to get past "sexual feelings" to reach level 3 like the universe is a Mario Luigi video game, I can't imagine the Universe being that stern and crude. Jesus had sexual feelings. He was a man. But he was also divine because of how he lived and expressed himself and revealed the God within himself.

Why is sex always an obstacle in the spiritual and religious circles? We have a dark side, we have an animal side. Better to accept it and know how to handle it then ignore it or try to destroy it. When you do that it hides it, feeds it more, and pushes it away and it becomes a demon in that dark you placed it.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:32 AM
Ascender

I'm not sure that I can agree with all you wrote. as far as I know celibacy & abstinence do mean the same thing. A catholic priest that has a girlfriend on the side is not celibate or abstinent but even though he may be breaking the rules of the church it isn't child abuse & he's not breaking the law of most countries. The same goes for masturbation. Sexual thoughts & biological urges are also quite normal and again are not illegal. A person can have the most twisted fantasies imaginable & unless he acts on them has broken no laws. Child abuse is illegal & jails are full of people that have broken these laws. People like monks & priests are over represented in these types of crimes & I believe that it is their religious orders insistence on celibacy that often makes them look for a soft target rather than an adult that may talk without any fear when the sexual relationship comes to an end.
I do agree that a sex life is not a hindrance to leading a spiritual life & their are many religions that don't require celibacy off their ordained members.
Old 12-06-2015, 03:28 PM
Master
You really believe that?

I would say 90 percent of priests do not follow up on celibacy. The priests I knew sounded suspicious by some of the things they said and even my mother growing up found all kinds of playboy and erotic magazines in the rectory. In fact the High School I went to has a secret scandal that the Archdiocese is keeping under wraps. The priests and nuns had a secret shorehouse where they all had orgies. ANd how do I know this isn't a lie? Because a girl I know worked in a Law Firm as an assistant and went to our school found the documents that priests had to appear in court.

Pederasts find jobs that are isolated from normalcy and closely related to children. Nurses, daycare centers, priesthoods, Protestant pastors, babysitting (yes girls can be this way too) and any other job that deals with children.

Just because some organization forces celibacy doesn't mean it restricts a person's sexuality .

The priest who baptized me was gay and he had a lover it is just that very few people knew about it because everyone liked him and didn't want him to be defrocked.

I feel like when someone says it is because of celibacy then your basically saying anyone who chooses not to be with someone is in endanger of being a pedophile. Can you imagine commercials in the future- "Has your child from ages 12 to even maybe 30 gone throughout life without a significant other? Well he may just turn into a pedophile. Call 1800-PedophileStop!"

And yes there is a difference. Monks take vows of abstinence and chastity. Google Dictionary differentiates them from celibacy. Priests are to be celibate along with Bishops and Cardinals. Another irony to this whole thing is that it is mainly, not all, bishops and priests (the ones who have direct contact with parishes, i.e. children). You rarely hear a cardinal doing these things or a Pope.
Old 12-06-2015, 11:12 PM
Ascender

Why would lawyers be needed in a case involving priests and nuns having an orgy. Again it's not illegal in most countries assuming that it involved consenting adults. Scandalous yes, illegal no. I can't see a need for the law to be involved.
Old 03-07-2015, 02:02 AM
Master
Becuase the house it was performed in was purchased by the diocese. I don't know all the details but a person I know worked in the law firm and the diocese was being sued or it may have been another reason and this was included.
Old 29-07-2017, 04:21 PM
Deactivated Account
I say a lack of sex & love causes the problems.You know how men get without sex they rent male & female harlots they become gay & so on.
Old 30-07-2017, 07:46 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNTY
GREETINGS EVERYONE,

Hardly a month goes by without some religious leader being had up for sexual and/or physical abuse of children, or of adults with learning difficulties. Though it's mostly men there are times when women are involved too - including nuns who well known for their physical abuse of children in convents or schools where they teach.

I appreciate that these problems do occur elsewhere, but the last thing you expect is for religious people to behave in this way.

Any ideas as to why?
When one gets involved in spiritual training the skandhas (human afflictions) get sidelined. This may happen in a forced way to give the impression of spiritual progress, acknowledged positively by the superiors, mentors and trainers. However, after a time, often long after the rigors of a training or study environment have been left behind, the side-lined skandhas will re-assert themselves in a strong way, saying 'we are still here, acknowledge us'. If the training has not enabled the person to cope with this, and it is questionable which spiritual training does, s/he is set up for a fall.