Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 30-07-2017, 01:33 AM
Newbie ;)

Question Please help me out with this? ❤

Hi everyone! This is my first post and (like my user implies) I am both "Stuck and Searching" for a spirituality that resonates with me.

I figure it would be easier to tell you a bit about myself first, I'm not going to go like full out in detail- just some things that might be helpful for you to help me out. :)

As a kid I grew up as a Lutheran Christian, and I stuck with that for nearly all of my life until about two years ago when I started questioning things about the religion and receiving answers I didn't particularly resonate with. I've since adopted a more agnostic view on life, and it's very difficult for me to believe in things that are I'm not able to reason with or feel.
Even as a Christian child I never really FELT anything, and that's what I want the most. Something whole and fulfilling.

I started to look into pantheism, universalism, paganism, various monotheistic religions, and polytheistic religions. And none of them particularly resonate with me. I can't get on board with them. However I do like different aspects of them and respect them all. I respect them all very much.

I am more drawn to (even though very little) to the religions/spiritualities that have multiple gods, though I prefer NOT to worship a being.

I do however have a particular fondness for things such as lucid dreaming/astral projection, crystals, herbs and spirits. However I can no longer whole heartedly believe in these things because I can't FEEL them as strongly as I'm wanting. Animals as well mean a great deal to me, but I will continue that more in a second.

As a child my parents (who are Christian) told me I used to play with ghosts and talk to them and they were friendly. Now as a near adult, I can no longer see spirits but I can feel SOMETHING, even if my mind says it's my head. It's like a battle between my rational and dreaming side, and neither fully win.
To continue with that, I do dream often and every night I can remember what I dream. Dreams particularly mean very much to me and I've lucid dreamt on accident 3 times, but can never hold it for long. Dreaming helps me cope through real life situations I've found and I often found myself going through things like grief stages in them, but never awake. I've also never fully attempted meditation.

Animals I also hold in very high reference- even as a child. I think about them more and more as equals now than I did before, and they mean very much to me. I always used to pretend to shapeshift (but not anymore obviously) and the animals definitely resonate with me more than anything else I've come across. This makes me think I'm looking for some sort of spirit animal? I don't know, but I want to go into veterinary sciences once I graduate.

This is going to sound very strange but when I picture MYSELF, not physically, but like metaphysically? Like if my body was gone and I was only in "spirit". There's always something else THERE, something that's not part of me. It's not bad or anything, it just reminds me of something secure, like my protector. But it's not human. It's feels like a part of me but something else.

I also see times that are distinct for me very often- like 11:11 or 9:11 or 12:34 or even 9:06- which was part of my old address prior to moving. I don't know if this is helpful or if I'm just spouting useless info. But I want to like FEEL whole so I can put more out in the world, ya know?

It's strange because I feel different, but not whole- I ask questions where other do not and I want answers I don't have. It's frustrating for me because I feel like it need to figure this out before I can move on? But my rational side is telling me I'm being irrational and there's NO WAY I can feel or BE anything that's outside observation. I'm absolutely stuck. Am I suppressing something?

I wouldn't say I'm looking for a label, more of a push in the right direction. But if there happens to be a label I fall under then so be it.

I don't know what I'm looking for honestly, and I understand you can't tell me what I need exactly but your advice would help me out very much. (I think I'd prefer answers that are not monotheistic religiously.... those don't resonate with me at all, though I do respect them. ❤)

Warm wishes. ❤
Old 30-07-2017, 01:37 AM
Newbie ;)

Upon looking more I could have posted this into a more appropriate thread. I apologize.
Old 30-07-2017, 04:29 AM
Master

I personally think it is possible to shape-shift. I think people have done it in the past... with your affinity for animals it might be something you would like if you could do it.

I don't know of any spiritual practice that delves into that but that doesn't mean there isn't one. It is said that if you seek you will find...

But whatever answers I've found to those kinds of topics, I've found through the process of feeling things through.

I was stuck in rationality for a long time before I got to here. The answer I found to that was to use rationality, to evaluate the process of using rationality. It is like this: you kinda get your fix while at the same time learning that the fix may in fact may be nothing more than another kind of drug

This seems to be a time-honored approach; the taoists called it 'making the disease sick'.
Old 30-07-2017, 05:23 AM
Master
you're in a good position StuckandSearching.
to feel lost and confused is saying that those roads you've traveled
before haven't taken you to the "promised land". you'll need to
discover a new path to walk on; something authentic to yourself
and not provided by someone else.
my advice is to bring your angst into a sense of calmness...
you provide the calm from within yourself. then, you'd ought to
notice some "invitations" to your attention, just through ordinary
living, which will seem to be especially interesting and hold the
promise of fun for you to explore. accept those invitations and
see where it leads you.
Old 30-07-2017, 01:44 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
you're in a good position StuckandSearching.
to feel lost and confused is saying that those roads you've traveled
before haven't taken you to the "promised land". you'll need to
discover a new path to walk on; something authentic to yourself
and not provided by someone else.
my advice is to bring your angst into a sense of calmness...
you provide the calm from within yourself. then, you'd ought to
notice some "invitations" to your attention, just through ordinary
living, which will seem to be especially interesting and hold the
promise of fun for you to explore. accept those invitations and
see where it leads you.

Hi StuckandSearching,

I would add as further concentration of the good practical wisdom from H:O:R:A:C:E...
...to suggest the irreconcilable impossibility of your forum name:

One cannot be 'stuck' if they are searching.
Get used to feeling/emphasizing the latter and gently ignoring the former.

There is movement inherent in search.
The search for truth is born of Truth itself.

~ J
Old 03-09-2017, 04:19 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckandSearching
Hi everyone! This is my first post and (like my user implies) I am both "Stuck and Searching" for a spirituality that resonates with me.

I am more drawn to (even though very little) to the religions/spiritualities that have multiple gods, though I prefer NOT to worship a being.

Warm wishes. ❤

So, what about a meditation about a name of a god/goddess and ask him/her...what he/shee thinking about?
Like it done some Bhaktiyogis (see Ramakrishna and his vision of Kali), christian and other mystics, kabbalists. Or like it was in ancient mysteries - see Iamblichus of Chalkis, Egyptian mysteries....etc.