Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 05-08-2014, 02:47 AM
lovingvibrations

I think that many people will have many different view points. I am a Reiki Master and am practising with many other forms of energy based healing. Can you do hands on healing without 'Reiki'? Of course! Do I enjoy working with divinely guided assistance in my own meditation and healing sessions? Absolutely!!!!

Just like all things, it is always up to the individual to decide for themselves what works for their own mind and their own energy - if you are curious, why not give it a try and see what you think?

There are so many beautiful ways of growing and purifying your soul and I make the wish here that you find what you are searching for in your life, with love.

LV _()_
Old 07-08-2014, 02:12 AM
Experiencer
Hi,

I totally agree with lovingvibrations. Have fun and experiment with different healing modalities. And then pick the way of healing that feels right for you in your heart.

Boson
Old 07-08-2014, 03:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boson
Hi,

I totally agree with lovingvibrations. Have fun and experiment with different healing modalities. And then pick the way of healing that feels right for you in your heart.

Boson

And how do you know your healing is actually healing? You know that it feels good to you. That is all. I think the "healing" part is self-delusion most of the time. Sorry. I have experienced it more than I care to describe. I said what people wanted to hear--that their healing "did something" for me. Usually it did not. Occasionally it made me worse.

Lora
Old 07-08-2014, 10:37 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Actually, I meant "beneficial" to the practitioner in terms of improving or clarifying their "energetic health". I meant that it was spiritually beneficial--as in causing/allowing other spiritual events to occur--rather than just being something they enjoyed. That's a matter of choosing the right vocation.

It is true that many reiki people have other disciplines as well. Again, I think it's a great self-help tool for spiritual development.

Would you tell someone if you really had no idea how to help them, didn't know another modality that could? Or would you "try" anyway?

Lora

I would absolutely be honest with anybody I practiced healing on! I would still "try" my best to do something, so long as I was aware what I was doing was safe. I absolutely stand by the rule primum non nocere (first, do not harm), which many people are taught but unfortunately so not practice :(

If harm was done I would absolutely want to know about it.

You are doing no favors and being of no benefit by keeping that to yourself or actually lying about your results. A truly good practitioner of any kind of healing wants and listens to honest feedback.

Seeing as many people would keep to themselves in this way, I feel that I personally would include this in an opening statement for them, that it may not work for them (it's really your own body that ever does the healing, the hands on modalities we use are merely initiators of that healing process), and they are free to tell me what works/what doesn't, etc. it's always good to give people the run down about what you are doing. And I'd want to let them know that we can try other things and if it doesn't work out we can think of the best approach. (We actually have to make little charts for health plans in school, and the final step is either success or beginning again with a new line of action). In the end if there was nothing to be done I'd let my client know, and we'd have a discussion. If I wasn't familiar with a problem at all, there are many things to do: turn to colleagues for answers and advice (call a friend!), tell the client what I do know and again have a discussion. Would they like to try what I do have available to them, because I could probably help them feel better even if I can't address a specific problem that day. I would do all the things for someone I would want someone else to do for me.

It sounds to me like you have built a barrier between yourself and healers because you probably have had the wrong practitioners for you and neither of you were really able to communicate clearly. Or else you were not in the right space to do so. I can definitely see this affecting the healing process. I also had a bad reiki practitioner for me and it was completely ineffective. Everything she said to me just made me totally shut down, and we never had a good discussion about what was happening. She just did her thing, and never explained any of it, and said some things without considering the effect of her words on a person. I did not like that. So I gave her a wall of silence, which is my go-to in uncomfortable situations.

I know that after practicing regularly the things you want people to know get forgotten about because you forget what it is like to be new to the experience. Well I hope that doesn't happen to me and I can always leave my clients feeling like they can be totally open and honest with me.