Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 14-09-2012, 12:09 AM
Henri77

To Psychoslice
Well many many people don't put trust in words, have rarely or never expressed their love verbally, but express what love they can, through caring, consideration.

And I guess many cannot feel-express love, but do care, nontheless.

Last edited by Henri77 : 14-09-2012 at 01:29 AM.
Old 14-09-2012, 12:19 AM
Master
As some have said, they don't even accept themselves, how could they love themselves. Practicing self-acceptance is a good place to start.

Xan

Old 14-09-2012, 12:24 AM
amy green

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
As some have said, they don't even accept themselves, how could they love themselves. Practicing self-acceptance is a good place to start.

Xan
...and maybe trying to find out/exploring what the blocks to self acceptance are first.

Old 14-09-2012, 12:35 AM
Master
This is good, Amy. It makes me think of this from the Introduction to A Course In Miracles.

The course does not aim at teaching the meaning of love, for that is beyond what can be taught.
It does aim, however, at removing the blocks to the awareness of love's presence, which is your natural inheritance.

Xan

Old 14-09-2012, 12:38 AM
amy green

I like that Xan....and vaguely remember it from the time I did workshops on ACIM.
Old 14-09-2012, 12:42 AM
Master
Ummm... who in this thread said they don't accept themselves?

I do find it interesting however that if they did say they don't accept themselves, there is also non-acceptance from the peanut gallery by the consensus and comments on what should be done to correct (fix) themselves. A sense of a need to be better somehow than what they've been told they should accept.

Hmmm.

Old 14-09-2012, 01:02 AM
Master
Ummm... who in this thread said they don't accept themselves?

Kaere... Some people said they are really hard on themselves, which to me means they are judging and pushing themselves.

I do find it interesting however that if they did say they don't accept themselves, there is also non-acceptance from the peanut gallery by the consensus and comments on what should be done to correct (fix) themselves. A sense of a need to be better somehow than what they've been told they should accept.

Well, if someone is in conflict and struggle within themselves and unable to feel self-love, a suggestion they might get free of that with self-acceptance could be seen as a possibility to consider, rather than a should.

(I gave up 'should's' a long time ago.)

Xan

Old 14-09-2012, 01:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Kaere... Some people said they are really hard on themselves, which to me means they are judging and pushing themselves.

I do not see this as non-acceptance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Well, if someone is in conflict and struggle within themselves and unable to feel self-love, a suggestion they might get free of that with self-acceptance could be seen as a possibility to consider, rather than a should.

I did not see any statement of conflict or struggle with this... and neither did I see any statement of being unable to feel self-love. A suggestion that they might get free of what they're being told to accept in the first place is pretty much telling them they are unacceptable.

This is why I said... it's an awkward thing to talk about because people become compelled to "fix", instead of listening.

Old 14-09-2012, 01:20 AM
Master
A suggestion that they might get free of what they're being told to accept in the first place is pretty much telling them they are unacceptable.

Somehow I don't get that at all, Kaere. It just sounds like a trick of the mind.

If someone is walking around with a bum leg and you suggest they might be able to get it healed, is that a compulsion to 'fix'? Whatever happened to caring and being helpful?

Xan

Old 14-09-2012, 01:22 AM
Henri77

The heart does not judge. While the mind does.

Not a matter of fixing, just being. Love just is, if can we allow it.

If we can be in, perceive from our heart , for even a moment.

from my pov of course ......Anyway I hope the thread is useful to some,

as a public service reminder, from your-our angels.