Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 21-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaJohal
IMO it is worse than smoking, people don't light up then want to smack someone, shout profanities at random people etc. Yet there is smoking bans, no advertisement while Alcohol Is promoted to high heaven.

That's just my opinion. I'd sooner light up than take a sip of the poison known as Alcohol. If you suffer mental health issues you'd notice why one of the first pieces of advice is to give it up.

There is at least one thing illegal that i feel is less harmful than alcohol. It sounds like you don't like alcohol much. The main reason I don't drink much anymore is I find it not to mix well with meditation. Nothing weird happens its just that it either excites me or makes me tired. Both of which mess up my meditations. I love coffee though! Even during meditation it could be nice. Lol

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 22-07-2013, 12:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Ok I see you're very against it. It's for another thread though.

If you're interested, I just found again today a video that to me properly describes the fundamentals which combine all science with consciousness.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=54382

Lora
Old 23-07-2013, 01:48 PM
Master

Thanks, Lora,

I will give the videos a look too sometime. I like the book ok so far, though, I've not read too far into it. I don't agree with everything it says, but it could prove me wrong. I'm just going into it with an open mind, however, I have a few strong reservations about the whole thing. I guess I will look into many different angles and resources on the law of attraction, if one doesn't suit me in some or another kind of way.

I think that for me, the key so far is to try to create from a place in my heart filled with love and enthusiasm, well that's a part of it, anyway. I have seen how this happens sometimes so that's why I started to really believe in the law of attraction, though I had been skeptical before, and to think maybe I do deserve the autonomy to shape my life.. But now I'm trying to do so with the guidance and help of spirits too, and to see where I would/should be led, and where to choose on my own.

It's so interesting to me how intention might (at least hypothetically) be able to be applied to things like healing and other big, "scientific" or psychological "incurable" or complex issues. I don't assume, I still consider science's offerings, but I'm open either way. I know science is surely not totally objective, and it's a body of evidence and mutually common experiences, but not identical, not universal, perhaps. There's always the exceptions to the rules. Often there are exceptions, at least, if not always. Perhaps those exceptions sometimes occur through law of attraction and such.

Thanks again for your thoughts.
Old 23-07-2013, 04:35 PM
Master
Well good luck, Louisa, in all you're attempting to do. The getting your head around Law of Attraction is work, and I felt objections as I went along too.

Things like,"Oh, how can this intention stuff actually lead to physical changes, abundance, all these wonderful things?" Or "Great to have a good mindset but how do you keep it?" That's where the Abraham youtube videos come into play IMO.

People constantly object to this saying, "Well that's great if you're in a good mood, but what about if you aren't?" And she would walk through how you change the thoughts little bit at a time, in steps--Like going from "This totally sucks" to "Well, this will be over someday." , etc. She talks about "getting in the Vortex" --which is just her way of saying getting aligned with Source.

There is a whole big part about making sure you're not in a needy place (i.e. negative) when you ask, because what you get is more of where you are--need rather than abundance, sensation of lack rather than abundance. It's a tricky path and our lives are almost constructed to knock us out of "the vortex" (which is a hokey name IMO!). But there are ways to right ourselves, to navigate it. And, little by little, it all becomes clear how it is working around us.

There is this presumption of a zero sum game in life--i.e. If I get something, it is taking away from someone else. And when we think, "How can I possible get this to happen?" ---sometimes the creativity of the Universe can create opportunities where none existed before. And, of course, we have to keep doing our part--doing what we can and then letting the rest alone.

Anyway, good luck in your journey. This idea/philosophy tends to keep me responsible for my own stuff--which is not how I always want it to be!!

Lora
Old 25-07-2013, 09:25 PM
Master

I will check out the videos too sometime.
Good points that you made too.
Thanks, Lora.
I am already enjoying the mixed blessings and seeming challenges that are arising as if to make me release the old mindset, now that I'm focusing more on mindfulness and love and less on distraction. I feel really good, at the same time challenged, by the changes I'm making. I think it will force me to change, and I am glad for that. It's one of those days when everything's going wrong, but meditation and spirit guidance is keeping me from becoming inundated.
Old 25-07-2013, 09:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa
I will check out the videos too sometime.
Good points that you made too.
Thanks, Lora.
I am already enjoying the mixed blessings and seeming challenges that are arising as if to make me release the old mindset, now that I'm focusing more on mindfulness and love and less on distraction. I feel really good, at the same time challenged, by the changes I'm making. I think it will force me to change, and I am glad for that. It's one of those days when everything's going wrong, but meditation and spirit guidance is keeping me from becoming inundated.

Who can ask for more than that? Good job, Louisa.

Lora