Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Closed Thread

Old 21-05-2014, 08:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
There is no such thing as "the Devil." I think in Christianity Satan was used as a metaphor for temptation, ie worldly pleasures.

Spoken like the true atheist.

In the new testament Bible, specifically in Ephesians chapter 6, we are told about "High Places", and "Spiritual Wickedness".
Domains of power...
http://biblehub.com/ephesians/6-12.htm

"For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world ... "

Likewise also in The Book of Daniel, Old Testament, we are given the information about how an Angel, Gabriel, who eventully responded to Daniel's fasting and Prayers, stated how he was delayed by a demonic force, referred to as the "Prince of Persia". Until a fellow angel assisted him to overpower him.

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt3410.htm

'12 Then said he unto me: 'Fear not, Daniel; for from the first day that thou didst set thy heart to understand, and to humble thyself before thy God, thy words were heard; and I am come because of thy words.
13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days ..." - Daniel 10

Just as there are faithful angels working in concert with the Almighty's plans, there are the unfaithful also. A.K.A., the, "demonic"., who work against God's overall plan.

[quote=wolfmanthe1st]Another name for Satan is Lucifer. Lucifer at one time was an Archangel just like Archangel Michael. Lucifer is a fallen angel that has in a sense been trying to work back to being accepted again. Someone channeled Luficier and the following is what Lucifer said:

Really..?!
How interesting. And, one should believe whatever the devil says, because? He's not the "chief Liar", and the Father of Lies? A, "thief and a murderer"..?
How gullible can one be, one wonders?

http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/John-8-44/

"John 8:44: Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do.
He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him.
When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it..." - Jesus

There is another name for satan... "Mara"... spoken of in Buddhist Literature.
Which same also offers insight into his nature, intent, and purpose.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Buddha's fateful encounter with Mara at Bodhgaya, was not his initial experience with the Evil One, as he had also been tempted by Mara in the period between his renunciation of secular life and his attainment of Enlightenment."

http://www.urbandharma.org/udharma8/mara.html

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 21-05-2014, 08:32 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieCotton
I love your idea, Visitor. I've never heard it expressed before. There are a lot of people in both New Age and traditional religious circles who appear to aspire to that. For a short post, yours delivered a powerful message. On a less serious note, there's a country song called "Somebody's Knockin'" The lyrics say the Devil has blue eyes, and blue jeans. My personal version looks like that. I think if the Devil is real, he is far too clever to look like one!

o no, i am gonna be singing that song the rest of the night.

i heard that lucifer is the most beautiful creature ever created.
Old 21-05-2014, 09:25 PM
Experiencer

I would think so Gracey! Beauty dazzles and confuses. Sorry about the song - I've been humming it all day!
Old 22-05-2014, 08:25 AM
Master
God-Devil = Yin-Yang. Without one, you cannot have the other.

@Gracey - "i heard that lucifer is the most beautiful creature ever created."
Lucifer aka Pan, honorifics Lord of Darkness and Lord of Light - the perfect, complete being.
Old 22-05-2014, 09:12 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Spoken like the true atheist.
An atheist does not believe in the devil. its true. However, one can believe in God but not in the devil.
One does not have to be a fundamentalist Christian or a right wing conservative to believe in God Morpheus. Lots of moderate and sensible people do too.
Old 22-05-2014, 04:33 PM
Experiencer

Norseman, I never thought of Pan as being Lucifer, although there is a superficial resemblance to the "devil" stereotype. I once saw him in my back garden. I should post the story, although it sometimes provokes strong reactions. Should it be posted in the Wicca section? I would love to hear your impressions about it.
Old 22-05-2014, 07:04 PM
Guide

First off, the association with Devil and Lucifer is not true. Lucifer is not the devil...

I do not believe in the Devil. For me, the Devil is a metaphor for things that are very bad. The temptations that we face every day in a world that has granted us free will. Moreover, I do not think there is a Hell either. Hell for me is something we create for ourselves when we delve into the bad temptations that we face...I am not an atheist either. I firmly believe in a higher power that only be seen if we allow ourselves to see it. God is everywhere.
Old 22-05-2014, 07:16 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
God-Devil = Yin-Yang. Without one, you cannot have the other.

@Gracey - "i heard that lucifer is the most beautiful creature ever created."
Lucifer aka Pan, honorifics Lord of Darkness and Lord of Light - the perfect, complete being.

I drew this pic of pan some time ago. He's not the most handsome creature I have ever seen, but I have heard he had a "way" with the ladies. I do agree that who Pan is, this makes him the most beautiful creature.

Old 22-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Experiencer

My favorite poem is Elizabeth Browning's "A Musical Instrument". "Yet half a beast is the great god Pan, to laugh as he sits by the river, Making a poet out of a man". To me, the whole poem is lovely - in it's imagery and cadence. I think I have been a little bit in love with Pan since I was 11, and first discovered the poem. He definitely isn't evil, my "great god Pan".
Old 22-05-2014, 09:00 PM
Ascender
Lucifer appeared to me once. He appeared as a man, slicked back black hair, green eyes and very pale. He wore a suit and a long black trench coat. He was a very charming man, very polite.