Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 15-04-2014, 03:48 PM
J_andrew700

Losing faith

Hello everyone help! In what can i believe? I saw a documentary on History Channel about the bible, and it said that the bible has been modified thousand of time, so how can you trust on the bible now? What about the gnostic gospels and so on??
Old 15-04-2014, 07:36 PM
Pathfinder
Look inside yourself and decide what you believe, why do you need a book to tell you what to believe?
Old 16-04-2014, 07:29 AM
Master
Bible is highly subjective - biased, over-edited, subject to "political" adjustments.
Old 16-04-2014, 07:49 AM
Stillness_Speaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_andrew700
Hello everyone help! In what can i believe? I saw a documentary on History Channel about the bible, and it said that the bible has been modified thousand of time, so how can you trust on the bible now? What about the gnostic gospels and so on??

I don't know. Have never trusted the bible. But if you are in to christianity, why not believe in Jesus and love for your fellow man? Check it out, maybe he or the light/loving energy is within you/with you right NOW? Ask, feel, pray and experience. Throw the old dusty book and false history away Just a suggestion of course, I don't know what is right or wrong in your case.
Old 16-04-2014, 08:54 AM
Lorelyen

You have to remember that only the Canonical gospels got into the Bible - Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. But there were 12 disciples. It never ceases to amaze me why more people don't question why their gospels were excluded. Worse, as the Roman Church became established a terrific effort was made to destroy them. Unfortunately for said church, a few copies survived at least in part, so we can read a great deal more about Jesus' teachings and wisdoms.

You soon learn that Jesus' ministry, His teachings, are very different from what the established church would want you to believe. There's nothing mysterious about it. The Roman church wanted to peddle the idea that Jesus was all divine. But he was human and a revolutionary. The church was determined to take over people's spirituality and by that, control them. You don't do that by allowing people to believe their spirituality is their own business, or letting the pagans trust in their "useful" gods.

Jesus was extraordinarily wise and his teachings are as applicable today as they were in his time. If you can, at least read the gospel of Mary Magdalene; then Tomas and Philip.
Old 19-05-2014, 03:56 PM
danosongs

I like Buddhism because it is very logical and grounded in open mindedness. The translated scriptures are very clear and make sense.

Buddha welcomed debate, criticism and testing of his teachings. So as a modern person with reasonable thinking, it really works for me.

I practice the teachings daily and have found my life and thinking to be more peaceful.

I think that Buddhism is a path is outlined based on an almost scientific view of spiritual principles.

There are many teachings in Christianity that match up to Buddhism: love, give, act ethically.

I go to Christian church with my family out of social convention and because I believe in God.

I don't take the bible and Jesus at face value either. Most everything in it is based on previous pagan myths rewritten for a state religion.

But I accept that and I think there are allot of helpful aspects of Christianity.
Old 19-05-2014, 04:12 PM
Master

Quote:
You can still trust the bible without it being 100% accurate imo. There are lots of Christians that aren't interested in the bible being perfectly accurate, and are just as committed to their faith, perhaps even more so than those who demand it to be infallible. The bible is not a science book or a history book, it's a book of faith that inspires billions of followers.
Old 20-05-2014, 07:53 AM
Master
There is huge separation between Christ and Christianity - The Organisation. As a pagan, I revere Christ as one of the important teachers of Mankind but I have contempt for "Churchianity".
For true Christian/Buddhist spirituality, I go to the works of Kahlil Gibran. His work, "The Prophet", is something I dip into daily and always find something new.
Old 20-05-2014, 03:18 PM
Experiencer

I respect the "Christ Consciousness", and that I think the Bible is a work of man, and has been altered many times, has no effect on that. You can be sure that Jesus lived, and that his message was beautiful, Andrew. To my mind, you may be on the first "leg" of a spiritual evolution, and you will come out the other side a better person, with your basic faith intact. Keep on reading, watching, learning, and thinking. Don't let fear of change and growth hold you back. I think even Saints examined their faith. Good luck on your spiritual journey.
Old 20-05-2014, 08:22 PM
Ascender
Quote:
...how can you trust on the bible now? What about the gnostic gospels and so on??

The Torah has been edited many times by the Jews and the Gospel was never completed. The Torah and the Gospel have many issues, but the truth can still be found in them with alot of work. If you are a Seeker of Truth, start with reading the Book of Enoch. It provides the foundation for the spiritual realm. Then read the Dead Sea Scrolls to understand who the faithful Jews were. Then read the Hag Hammadi Scriptures (Gnostic Gospels) to learn what Christ was really teaching. Then go ahead and read the Bible. Or you can just read the final Word of God, The Qur'an, which confirms all that came before it.

mj