Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 13-08-2017, 01:57 AM
Experiencer

Chakra colors

So I am reading this book called Violet Flame by Elizabeth Clare Prophet
She says the chakras are
Crown: yellow
Third eye: emerald green
Throat: blue
Heart: pink
Solar plexus: rich purple/metallic gold
Seat of the soul: violet
Base of the spine: white

This goes against what I had previously thought about chakra colors.

Anyone have any insight?
Old 13-08-2017, 04:43 AM
Master

I think the author is a little mixed up. I've never seen anyone or any other book say the chakras are those colours.

Starting at the root chakra and working up, the usual colours are: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and purple.
Old 13-08-2017, 03:29 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
I think the author is a little mixed up. I've never seen anyone or any other book say the chakras are those colours.

Starting at the root chakra and working up, the usual colours are: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and purple.
During the history, different authors and esoteric schools have had different ideas of the number, colours, location, and meanings of chakras.

The currently most popular chakra system with the usual meanings and colours of rainbow order didn't exist until the 1970s! Kurt Leland did reseach on the history of western chakra system and wrote the book Rainbow Body about it.
Old 13-08-2017, 03:54 PM
Master
There seem to be many schools of thought on it over time.

As far as I can tell it depends how we interpret psychic information, meaning we each need to studying viewing chakras for ourselves and then sort out based on first hand observation what those colors and their hues, shades and saturations of color mean to us.

We can choose a template (existing model) to work off of and then make our observations from there - the translation system from third eye to brain will adapt accordingly.
Old 14-08-2017, 04:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraIndigo
So I am reading this book called Violet Flame by Elizabeth Clare Prophet
She says the chakras are
Crown: yellow
Third eye: emerald green
Throat: blue
Heart: pink
Solar plexus: rich purple/metallic gold
Seat of the soul: violet
Base of the spine: white

This goes against what I had previously thought about chakra colors.

Anyone have any insight?
I was watching a video two days ago about the Tamil school of Kundalini Yoga and how the colours and names were all misinterpreted in the translation into Sanskrit and then misinterpreted again by the whole new-age ideology to make it the colours of the rainbow.

Let me see if I can find that one again:

Ah...here it is:

Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRVJy-2BwDk
Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmYWGxkhcvo

I disagree with both camps/schools through my own inner experiences. Chakras don't really have a 'colour' or anything we can physically ascribe to them, they are just vortices of psychic and pranic energy vibrating at different rates, but if I had to give them all a colour:

Muladhara = muddy reddish brown
Swadhistana = aqua blue
Manipura = amber
Anahata = pink
Vishuddhi = olive green
Ajna = mauve
Sahasrara = white or clear, like a pearl or diamond.

This is how I have seen them all inside myself anyway.
Old 14-08-2017, 06:28 AM
Experiencer

Colors

Thanks, I figured it was something like that