Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 16-06-2013, 01:06 AM
Newbie ;)

Color What happens when you chant Lord Shivas mantra??

Have you tried chanting Shiva's mantra over 40 consecutive days?
How did your life change? What happened to you?
Seriously... I chant Om Namah Shivaya everyday...
Now it pours rain on me everywhere I go.
Sometimes I feel like I have x ray vision.. Its like I can see through all this 3 dimensional matter. Good or bad karma works itself directly back to me.
DO you have any similar experiences? what else should I know?
DO you have more experience? Any advise?

OM NAMAH SHIVAYA!
Old 17-06-2013, 04:36 PM
Master

Mantra is a tool of the mind. With mantra, we acknowledge an higher power and enlist it's help to expand our minds to comprehend what we ordinarily cannot. Lord Shiva represents the fullness of existence, in the past, in the present and in the future. What connects the past, the present and the future is karma. Mantra focusses our minds on the fullness of existence and attunes it to the working of the universe. Thus we begin to see how karma operates.
Old 19-10-2013, 04:32 PM
chaitanyaram

Om Namah Shivaya Namah! I've chanted mantras related to Lord Shiva. As Kris mentioned the process leading to expanded consciousness, I've found this to be true. The Vedic texts from where we get the word "mantra", and "Shiva" describe our inner self as an eternal spark of Spirit capable of self-realization.

We are not, actually, "Martin Smith", or "Susy Martins", this a very ephemeral identity. This can be experienced, by anyone who might want to.

vedabase. net and stephen-knapp. com I find great resources.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:07 AM
Guide

This mantra, in particular, is traditionally associated with diksha, or initiation into it by a qualified Guru. The diksha is what gives the mantra its power. The Guru teaches the sishya how to pronounce it. Saying it without diksa is like owning a car without a key.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:04 AM
heartsmart

I used to do this one alot I got a better environment at work from it and gained some friends.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:24 PM
Master
The way to pronounce it properly is "aum num ha shi why"
Old 14-06-2014, 12:17 AM
kumarjitghoshal

"Mantrathang Mantrachaitannyang jo na janati sadhakaha , shatalakshaprajptohopi tasya mantra na siddhati"
- MAHANIRVAN TANTRA

..... if one do not knows the meaning of mantra and the consciousness it delivers , it will not give any good result even after chanting it million times.

One can know the meaning of mantra easily , but the consciousness is delivers ! its a guru's grace one has to depend up on.
Every piece of knowledge shall fall upon time.
Guru is not just a body , Guru is one with supreme consciousness , Guru is always watching , by enchanting Mantra , by total involvement , one realizes not only the true meaning of mantra , slowly with Guru's grace comes to the consciousness the Mantra made for.
It is the vibration of the Mantra that perfects our body to realize and understand , with increasing awareness , our surroundings in a new more and more meaningful way.
Happy journey everyone :)
Old 22-09-2014, 01:03 PM
hengellisyydenoppilas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarjitghoshal
"Mantrathang Mantrachaitannyang jo na janati sadhakaha , shatalakshaprajptohopi tasya mantra na siddhati"
- MAHANIRVAN TANTRA

..... if one do not knows the meaning of mantra and the consciousness it delivers , it will not give any good result even after chanting it million times.

One can know the meaning of mantra easily , but the consciousness is delivers ! its a guru's grace one has to depend up on.
Guru is not just a body , Guru is one with supreme consciousness , Guru is always watching , by enchanting Mantra , by total involvement , one realizes not only the true meaning of mantra , slowly with Guru's grace comes to the consciousness the Mantra made for.
It is the vibration of the Mantra that perfects our body to realize and understand , with increasing awareness , our surroundings in a new more and more meaningful way.

This one isnt true, I can prove it in my life. I usually listen mantras and results are AMAZING, even I have no idea what mantra means. For exmple I have chanted and listened all kind of mantras. I have get rid of so many "bad" things in my life. For example: cutting, depression, negativity, hatred.....

Faith matters. Even if you dont know what mantra is used to, if you chant or just listen it with fait, your life WILL change :)
Old 22-09-2014, 01:03 PM
hengellisyydenoppilas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarjitghoshal
- MAHANIRVAN TANTRA

"..... if one do not knows the meaning of mantra and the consciousness it delivers , it will not give any good result even after chanting it million times."

This one isnt true. I usually listen mantras and results are AMAZING, even I have no idea what mantra means. For exmple I have chanted and listened all kind of mantras. I have get rid of so many "bad" things in my life. For example: cutting, depression, negativity, hatred.....

Faith matters. Even if you dont know what mantra is used to/what it means, if you chant or just listen it with faith, your life WILL change :)
Old 25-09-2014, 03:13 PM
samsara4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hengellisyydenoppilas
"..... if one do not knows the meaning of mantra and the consciousness it delivers , it will not give any good result even after chanting it million times."

This one isnt true. I usually listen mantras and results are AMAZING, even I have no idea what mantra means. For exmple I have chanted and listened all kind of mantras. I have get rid of so many "bad" things in my life. For example: cutting, depression, negativity, hatred.....

Faith matters. Even if you dont know what mantra is used to/what it means, if you chant or just listen it with faith, your life WILL change :)

It is said that Sanskrit mantras produce changes in the "mind stuff" (for lack of a better word) even if the chanter does not know the meaning of the words. I tend to agree with this and have often simply chanted Sanskrit verses to intuit the meaning when the various translations differ significantly. It helps me to intuit the meaning when the translations are not clear.