Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 07-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Knower
Angel1 Vishnu

I had a dream that I was walking and 2 beautiful children, a boy and girl appeared before me. It was the boy who approached me. I kept thinking of the name Krishna as I looked at him, and this was all happening while I was dreaming. The young boy smiled at me and handed me a dollar bill. I told him I did not need money but he insisted I take it. When I looked at the dollar, all of a sudden a burst of beautiful bright lights started flashing before me. The dream was so very spiritual. I felt like something big was happeneing. That's when I saw Vishnu appear out of the beautiful sky.

It freaked me out. I have never even seen my spirit guides in a dream or had any "spiritual" occurrence to my knowledge:) However this dream was very different. I knew it was Vishnu instinctively, but I am not Hindu- and I have never known the name. I've NEVER heard of the name. But I woke up and ran to find Vishnu online...

If one dreams about Vishnu, but they are NOT hindu, what does that mean? Why would I have this dream?

P.S: I've been holding this in for about 3 months with fear to ask about this dream because I really wanted to hide it, but today I felt the pressing need to ask...
Old 07-05-2011, 04:25 PM
Krishna-prem

Hi Goddess,

You are not alone. I dreamed of Vishnu twice before. The first instance I was atheist (and I do not come from anything remotely close to a Hindu background). He appeared in the form of Sri Ram. While the dream was moving I discounted it as just one of those weird things that happened. The second time though I was going through a time of intense spiritual confusion. I prayed to the universe everyday to show me which way to go. During the third week of this prayer I encountered Vishnu in a dream and it was the most powerful and touching experiences of my life. It was far more than just a normal dream. When I woke up I wanted to cry because I was no longer in his presence.

Sometimes we have dreams that are the products of our own minds as they process information from our day to day lives. Other dreams though are so much more and come from the spiritual realm. The way to tell is by the impact that dream has on your life. For me it meant swiftly becoming Hindu. For others it could be something else.

From a Vaishnava Hindu perspective when you dream of God it is a very special thing and yet it is also not because our soul's natural constitution is to be with God and enjoying each other's presence. This is such the case that Vishnu resides inside each of us as the silent observer. He is there with just watching, not judging, but eagerly awaiting your eventual return to him.

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful dream and may you have many more of them :)

KP
Old 07-05-2011, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna-prem
This is such the case that Vishnu resides inside each of us as the silent observer. He is there with just watching, not judging, but eagerly awaiting your eventual return to him.

YES!

Didn't I tell you
not to go to that place?
It is me, who is your intimate friend.
In this imaginary plain of non-existence,
I am your spring of eternal life.

Didn't I tell you
not to be satisfied with the veil of this world?
I am the master illusionist,
it is me, who is the welcoming banner at the gate of your contentment.

Didn't I tell you?
I am an ocean, you are a fish;
do not go to the dry land,
it is me, who is your comforting body of water.

Didn't I tell you
that they will kidnap you from the path?
They will steal your warmth,
and take your devotion away.
I am your fire, I am your heartbeat,
I am the life in your breath.

-Rumi excerpt

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Krishna-prem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
YES!

Didn't I tell you
not to go to that place?
It is me, who is your intimate friend.
In this imaginary plain of non-existence,
I am your spring of eternal life.

Didn't I tell you
not to be satisfied with the veil of this world?
I am the master illusionist,
it is me, who is the welcoming banner at the gate of your contentment.

Didn't I tell you?
I am an ocean, you are a fish;
do not go to the dry land,
it is me, who is your comforting body of water.

Didn't I tell you
that they will kidnap you from the path?
They will steal your warmth,
and take your devotion away.
I am your fire, I am your heartbeat,
I am the life in your breath.

-Rumi excerpt

So very beautiful!
Old 07-05-2011, 04:53 PM
Knower
Is Vishnu God in the Hindu religion?
Old 07-05-2011, 05:04 PM

Vishnu is regarded as a major god in Hinduism and Indian mythology. He is thought as the preserver of the universe while two other major Hindu gods Brahma and Shiva, are regarded respectively, as the creator and destroyer of the universe.

The original worship of Vishnu, by the Aryan conquerors of India or the original Dravidian inhabitants is not definitely known. In the ancient Vedas, the body of literature known as the Veda, and sacred literature of the Aryan conquerors, Vishnu is ranked among the lesser gods and is usually associated with the major Vedic god Indra who in the epics and Puranas fights against dragons and demonic forces. These latter writings emerge during the later development of Hinduism.
It is throughout this literature and especially through incarnations that Vishnu is raised to higher rankings within the Hindu pantheon. He becomes the prominent second god of the Trimurti, the Hindu Triad, while Brahma is first and Shiva is third.
In some Puranic literature Vishnu is said to be eternal, an all-pervading spirit, and associated with the primeval waters that are believed to have been omnipresent before the creation of the universe.
The concept of Vishnu being the preserver of the world came relatively late in Hinduism. Presumedly it sprang from two other beliefs: that men attain salvation by faithfully following predetermined paths of duty, and that powers of good and evil (gods and demons) are in contention for domination over the world. When these powers are upset Vishnu, it is further believed, descends to earth, or his avatar, to equalized the powers. Further it is thought that ten such incarnations or reincarnations of Vishnu will occur. Nine descents are said to have already occurred, the tenth is yet to come. Rama and Krishna were the seventh and eighth.
Another interesting speculation concerning Vishnu's role as preserver among many modern scholars is that it is characteristic of the practitioners of Hinduism to raise local legendary heroes to gods in the Hindu pantheon. Vishnu is portrayed as blue or black shinned and has four arms. He has a thousand names and their repetition is an act of devotion.
by Alan G. Hefner

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Krishna-prem

Hinduism is not one religion, it is a family of religions. Each member of that family has their own understanding of God. The four main theistic traditions that have emerged are Vaishnavism- Vishnu is God; Shaivism, Shiva is God; Shaktism, Goddess (Durga, Kali, Paravati, etc) is God; and Smartism, a group of 5 deities run things.

Vaishnavism is the largest tradition comprising about 70% of all Hindus. For us Vishnu (aka Krishna, Rama, Narasimha, Narayana, Hari, etc) is God. He has many names and forms but he is One. He is our source and we are both the same and different from him. We are like the particles of sunlight and he is the sun. Our true position is in an eternal relationship with him. What that relationship is depends but usually fall into specific categories. We chose to come into the material realm and place a veil between him and ourselves but ultimately he is everywhere. He is in the tiniest atom. Not a blade of grass moves that is independent of him.

Aum Hari Aum!
Old 08-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Master
Hi Goddess,
So pleased for you. Dreams of God, in whatever form he sees it appropriate to contact you in this way, are blessings.
And even though you are not a hindu in this life, it is entirely possible you have been one in previous lives. This will have happend for many reasons, it will stimulate you and get you re exploring your spirituality. I am so happy for you, such blessings as these raise us all up, and dont be afraid to tell people you think might understand or appreciate it.
jai sri Krishna
ps Im not a Hindu either but have a lovely relationship with krishna
Old 08-05-2011, 06:09 PM
sruthy

So what exactly is what you call, VISHU?
Old 08-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna-prem
...he is everywhere. He is in the tiniest atom. Not a blade of grass moves that is independent of him.
!
I know I could send you a pm...but why hide speaking of the Divine from others?
"Not a blade of grass..." I want to share this with you...one night as I lay simply enjoying the scintillating darts of colors like paisley behind my eyelids in the dark...a voice - telepathic, yet masculine - said... out of nowhere inside me - in my 'head'...

"Not even this...
Not even this would exist if
not for Me..."
Holding my breath at the same time tears of awe and gratitude...
I know that not a blade of grass goes without notice of ...Whomever, Krishna,
our Holy Father, Sustainer.

It is always wonderful to meet someone that knows about devotion.