Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 21-12-2018, 11:18 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Sapphirez
yes although Natives had some great practices and consciousness they still held unhealthy delusions. and I think that if they were a people that didn't eat meat to begin with then they might not have fallen prey to smallpox and all the diseases foreigners brought with them or purposely plagued them with. I know they were mostly malnourished by then for a variety of reasons, but even tribes who were allowed to go on with most of their traditional ways at beginning points fell ill because of diseases and viruses that a truly healthy body could defend itself against. So like it or not that is one of my theories about how even the highest evolved meat eaters are still lacking and weaker in regards.

This has got to be one of the most insensitive things I have read in some time. Natives died because they were meat eaters.

Quote:
Sapphirez
Fruit is the food that the brain and nervous system appreciate best. there's also evidence that early humans were frugivorous since historical analysis was brought up

If this statement about your early frugivore ancestry had any merit. why don't they include the hands that are perfect for cutting a stake. Your frugivore theory people say monkeys are frugivores.But wait I have seen monkeys eat termites. Dumb monkeys don't know they are frugivores.
Them pesky seal eating polar bears put a crimp in the theory too.
There is very little thought that goes into this argument.Them darn seasonal changes that don't allow fruit production all year long.
Your theories are only based in, this is what I want you to believe to push my agenda.
Humans are opportunists.
Old 21-12-2018, 11:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
Thank you sentient for your cool links and thoughtfulness. I've hoped to get into wild foraging more. I live in Alabama now but luckily there are a lot of the same "weeds" all over
People who have been brought up appreciating wilderness and traditional foraging love it and fight to keep the lakes and waterways clean, forests and forest floors natural & healthy - suitable for both humans and wild animals.

Where ‘my people’ come from – wild forest and tundra reindeer still exists and I believe it is still sustainably hunted …… though relatives have married into semi-domesticated reindeer herding families.
https://www.oulu.fi/northnature/engl...t/reindeer.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyUUsyDPlUU

But talking about the murder of animals - this is too shocking to even comprehend:
http://siberiantimes.com/other/other...er-population/

P.S.
Imo. Wilderness needs all the warriors ‘it’ can muster, whether for or against hunting.
That is the number 1 priority.
I also do not think that it helps the wilderness cause to shame people learning (indigenous) primitive technologies and calling them shame-on-wannabee-cultural-appropriators.

Last edited by sentient : 22-12-2018 at 02:42 AM.
Old 22-12-2018, 03:36 AM
Master
Old 22-12-2018, 03:36 AM
Master
In the traditional lore, there are nature spirits, which where I lived were called 'the man of the...' (species, river, lake or other natural feature). One has to make sure these spirits are reasonably content because they are vital to literally everything. Killing is not murder. For example, if a shark takes a man we don't say the shark murdered the man. Sharks do not murder fish they eat or the men they kill. Murder pertains to the intent; not to killing itself, and animals kill for food, just like men do. To killing pleasure or out of hatred, greed, vengence and other malice is murder, because 'murder' pertains to malicious intent - the motive; not the the act.

Referring to killing of animals for any reason as 'murder' is definitively incorrect. 'Murder' refers to one human killing another human with heartless or malicious intent. The malicious or wonton killing of animals is cruel and terrible, but it isn't murder, and equating hunting an animal for food with murder is mere sensationalism.
Old 22-12-2018, 05:24 AM
ImthatIm

Springbank clover (Trifolium wormskioldii Lehm.)Alternate Names
Cows clover, marsh clover, perennial clover
The rhizomes of the Springbank clover is a valuable food source to some Native peoples.

Honeysuckle flowers are a sweet treat when you can find them.

Elderberry berries make good syrup and jams.
Old 22-12-2018, 05:40 AM
Master
Gem.
I just met a bloke who came from PNG yesterday, but we couldn’t even get into the depth of how PNG is being absolutely raped at this moment (no other word for it) – it just becomes too painful.

I mean what do you do!?
Old 22-12-2018, 06:22 AM
ImthatIm

We enjoy smoke drying oily fish until it is rock hard.
It is a lot like jerky but harder. take it with you anywhere and break a piece off and suck on it like rock candy.
It lasts for a long time when stored in a dry place.
It was originally dried hard and then soaked/re-hydrated in a soup.
The older generations even preferred it to get moldy and scrape the mold off and eat.
A bit like cheese I guess.
Old 22-12-2018, 11:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
In the traditional lore, there are nature spirits, which where I lived were called 'the man of the...' (species, river, lake or other natural feature). One has to make sure these spirits are reasonably content because they are vital to literally everything.

Taivaannaula:
Quote:
Water, like all the other natural elements, was thought to have its own spiritual force. This force was controlled, or symbolized, by the guardian water spirit. Fishermen naturally had a reciprocal relationship with this spirit. The fisherman gave offerings to the water spirit and in return was given good fishing luck. After each catch, the guardian water spirit was thanked through the offerings.
In the spring, when the lakes and rivers were freed from the ice, the first catch was a major event and the guardian water spirit was given offerings. One might anger the spirit by breaking certain taboos associated with fishing. One of these taboos is the need to keep different forces apart. For instance, one could not go fishing on a hunting trip because this brought the forest force and the water force into close contact, which “ruined” the lake.
When Christianity came – folk got these beliefs quite mixed up with the old beliefs in guardian spirits – here the old Saami bloke goes to the ‘devil’ (he had heard of) - to discuss better luck in fishing:
https://kuvat.huuto.net/v1/6c08/ac6c...97834358-m.jpg

This is also why I really enjoyed "The Gospel According to the Papuans"

Old 23-12-2018, 12:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Taivaannaula:

When Christianity came – folk got these forces quite mixed up with the old beliefs in guardian spirits – here the old Saami bloke goes to the ‘devil’ (he had heard of) - to discuss better luck in fishing:
https://kuvat.huuto.net/v1/6c08/ac6c...97834358-m.jpg

This is also why I really enjoyed "The Gospel According to the Papuans"

That's right. There is special protocol to follow that ensures the right permissions, and that is how the human place in the environment ensures respect and well-being of all. Not to take what you want, but give and take within the communion. Now days people are forgetting, so they don't understand anymore, they don't have the words and they are not taught the ways. The power is two sided and the knowledge can go either way, so there are secrets which have to be earned, but the rites are not practiced, so you can't know who to trust it with. The secret is not an isolated thing, but integral of the rest of the culture. When the culture is disrupted the knowledge is lost. When the knowledge is lost, we don't know the ecology. When we don;t know the ecology, we disrupt the ecology. When we disrupt the ecology, the species are lost.

By preserving the spirit you preserve the thing and vice versa. We are not too concerned with the individual animal body we hunt, but we don't go about killing everything and we shouldn't really be killing disrespectfully for sport and fun, because through the respect of the totem of the spirit, we are concerned with taking care of all species and the natural features of their environment.
Old 23-12-2018, 12:44 AM
ImthatIm

To go into the mountains in spring and in fall to fast and pray about all the foods and the life struggles is a good way of life. 2 to 4 weeks is a good amount of time to assimilate back into a natural rhythm. To drink water right from the springs and to sit with the plants and spirits of the land.To open your heart and let all that nature has to offer in at that period of time. To learn songs and stories, to build the community in communion with all that is natural. These bonds last. These bonds open the heart. If we decide that we need to hunt food then we pray and the offering and prayers are received and the food comes , offering itself to our communion table. There are lands and places that still resonate this lifestyle. You can hear the giggles and laughter of a people that had lived in the zest of life from the past ,in the rhythm of life. It was hard but it was right. Once lived in that manner were all you need is provided from the land and each gives and recieves in a prayerful manner.All is well.When you can pray walk your steps so slow, to were you are so thankful of this life and land, and joy streams down your cheek and seems just to get better and better, you know you have been kissed in that moment of time.
These ways still live, to follow the game and the edibles for your life. Life still lives. There is corruption these days, but life still lives in the land.

These are the things no one can take from me.