Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 02-12-2014, 01:00 PM
candelight

Hand and feet chakras

Hello everyone,

Has anyone worked on the hand and feet chakras? - I have lately felt the need to focus on these chakras.

I want to cleanse these chakras. What are your suggestions and how do you cleanse them?

Sometime ago, I felt an urgency to work on my feet chakras and found a site recommending putting sea salt in a glas of water and placing the soles to the glass. The sea salt is the glas of water is used to absorb the negativity from the feet chakras. I was a bit sceptical and did not do it.

I am attuned to Reiki 2 and feel I am not able to reiki myself. I don't feel the energy from my hands on my head.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:02 PM
Guide
The hands and the feet are what grounds us. In tai qi and qigong we use specific hand a feet postures that keep the channels open and allow for the flow of energy/qi out of (or into) these centers. We keep our weight centered over the balance point of the feet (feet flat on ground) and our hands in a position that creates pressure in the center of the hand (or anywhere on the hand we chose).
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 02-12-2014, 02:14 PM
candelight

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Back Seat
The hands and the feet are what grounds us. In tai qi and qigong we use specific hand a feet postures that keep the channels open and allow for the flow of energy/qi out of (or into) these centers. We keep our weight centered over the balance point of the feet (feet flat on ground) and our hands in a position that creates pressure in the center of the hand (or anywhere on the hand we chose).

Thanks for the reply.

Interesting. My yoga instructor mentioned in class that one of the reasons many have a bad body balance is due to grounding issues. An example of yoga pose was the warrior 3 , I think. Your arms stand out to the sides and you stand on one leg only.

From your post and connecting it to the words of my instructor, doing balancing exercises will help grounding.

I never thought of the hands as grounding.

Could you name some of those postures for the hands and feet?

Thank you.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:44 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by candelight
Hello everyone,

Has anyone worked on the hand and feet chakras? - I have lately felt the need to focus on these chakras.

I want to cleanse these chakras. What are your suggestions and how do you cleanse them?

Sometime ago, I felt an urgency to work on my feet chakras and found a site recommending putting sea salt in a glas of water and placing the soles to the glass. The sea salt is the glas of water is used to absorb the negativity from the feet chakras. I was a bit sceptical and did not do it.

I am attuned to Reiki 2 and feel I am not able to reiki myself. I don't feel the energy from my hands on my head.

I can often feel when Kundalini is active in my hands/feet chakras. Lately the sole of my right foot has been burning in certain positions. I don't know how to work on them specifically.. though I remember someone here told me once get some red jasper pieces to stand on for a while. I think they also said you can clap your hands together as well to open the hand ones up. On that note, when I'm doing spontaneous kriya yoga I have noticed when the feet chakras are active, I'll usually be sitting say on a chair, and they'll be tapping up and down. Maybe try some jumping or hoping.

Hope that helps.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:45 PM
Deactivated Account

Here we go, I found the post: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...=1#post1039946
Old 02-12-2014, 02:51 PM
candelight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden

Haha! Great!

That is another to give my feet some love :=)

I love walking barefoot. Kundalini is not as active as it was two or three months ago. So my feet aren't burning. Although, I do get electric shocks right throgh the left foot.

Actually, the electric shocks are becoming more frequent on my hands too.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:27 PM
Guide
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by candelight
Could you name some of those postures for the hands and feet?

Thank you.

You want to keep the feet flat so that you have equal pressure on all three balls of the feet (heel, and two balls next to the toes). If you have equal pressure on the balls of the feet, your center of weight will be at the center of the foot, closer towards the toe balls then the heel ball (more weight will be towards the two toe balls since we have to points of pressure as opposed to one point at the heel). Keep your toes relaxed. If you practice enough you can start to feel a pressure open up at between your two toe ball and heel (closer to the toe balls then the heel). Focus on keeping this center of gravity in the feet when performin activities like walking and it will improve balance. Before taking tai chi classes, I would have my center or weight on the outside of my foot which interfered with my balance and grounding.

In the hands, you want to have your fingers and thumb relaxed. Bring all the tension in the fingers and thumb towards the palm so you feel a pressure in the palm (play with different palm and finger/thumb postures and notice how it changes the pressure in you palm). In tai chi we practice hand motions where we lead with the wrist and palm with the fingers following ( as opposed to tense fingers and thumbs leading our hand motions).

I recommend reading and checking out videos on feet and hand motions in tai qi or even qi gong. If you can find a qigong or tai chi class, that would be most beneficial.

I should say the the feet and hands can act as both a center to ground our energy as well as a center to receive energy information.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 24-12-2014, 07:12 PM
Seeker
This interests me too. I stumbled across this site awhile ago and it really got me on track. It'll tell you which chakras correspond with the parts of your hands and toes.

Just tried posting and I can't post URLs yet but look up sahajayoga.us

Energy flows where awareness goes. Focusing anywhere that you feel anything and simply relaxing that space will bring knowledge.