Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 20-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Experiencer
It's all about your intention...

Why are you doing whatever it is that you are calling astral projection.

Why are you doing it?

Some have grown beyond the thrill seeking ride where little is gained but ego satisfaction..

I'm really attempting to understand some of you folks here..

You clearly are not having the experience I refer to as "Astral Projection"

But that could be totally my Bad because I haven't read up on it..

actually never read a word about it

I'm just going by my experience..

And my experience with Projection....

which as I pointed out is much different that travel on the astral plane....

was pretty simple.

No big freakin deal.

You rise up out of your body with your astral body,

and go basically wherever you point your intention...

But in my experience the Silver Cord was paramount..

I mean how can you miss that which ties your astral body to your physical body?

But maybe what I'm calling the astral body is not what you are calling it

I mean I said dreaming because it sounds to me like you are talking about Dreaming

If you are unaware of the cord.....

what the heck....?

So maybe my terminology is wrong...

Maybe what I call astral projecting

is more like soul travel...

Maybe that's the whole problem,
we're just not talking about the same thing..

I seriously thought that some folks here were just ego tripping,

makin up stuff they know nothin about to feel important

because they have pretty pathetic lives otherwise....

Then I come along and say,

What the hell are you talkin about...?

And they don't like having their delusions challenged,

they've got a lot invested in their role as "somebody who knows about this stuff"

But all I can see is total lack of any understanding on the topic...

But now I wonder...

Maybe we are just talking about different things...

To me the silver cord is the first and last thing I was aware of when whatever we call that part of myself was,
that rose out of my body,
floated around above my wife out in the kitchen,
doin whatever....
then went wherever I thought.....

I never had a problem Projecting
In fact the opposite was the problem...
stayin in my body...

Valerian tea...thick and black really helped...

But for me, I saw no real purpose for Projecting

My soul gained nothing....

So I did all I could to stay in my body.....

And WITH GUIDES I astral Plane Traveled.

Fraid even you big tough macho boyslike the dude whose long name starts with an H...

Would pee your pants there

And just to make this clear since folks seem to keep missing it.

I don't think there is a lot of Danger in Simple Astral Projection

But astral travel is wrought with it...

OH, and silly little boy mister H....

My hat is not tin foil

It's copper...

Get your facts dude.....

he he
Old 20-06-2011, 08:58 PM
tragblack

There are some bits of wisdom here, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff4freedom
Why are you doing whatever it is that you are calling astral projection...?

Some have grown beyond the thrill seeking ride where little is gained but ego satisfaction..

Maybe... we're just not talking about the same thing..

I seriously thought that some folks here were just ego tripping,

makin up stuff they know nothin about to feel important

...Then I come along and say,

What the hell are you talkin about...?

And they don't like having their delusions challenged,

they've got a lot invested in their role as "somebody who knows about this stuff"

But all I can see is total lack of any understanding on the topic...

But now I wonder...

Maybe we are just talking about different things...

...My hat is not tin foil

It's copper...
Old 20-06-2011, 09:26 PM
Summerlander

Calling "Astral Projection"? You're the one who is calling it that. I try my best not to employ that term because I dislike it so much as it conveys all that mystic bull. If you ever catch me using it, it is only for the sake of communication with the newbies, Jeff.

And by the way, Heptasteros...the scary stuff isn't really out there at all and it is only "scary" if you deem it scary. Just because you fear something doesn't mean everybody else does. I guarantee you that once you face your fears the scary "demons" will be no more. The last time I saw something unpleasant, I completely transmuted it into something more desirable and then completely eradicated it. Simply by believing that I have absolute control when in the Phase state. So, you see, you have nothing to worry about. In the physical realm you can be harmed, but not in the metaphysical...I guarantee you 100%!!!

Have you ever heard of anyone who's been truly harmed in the Phase and came back bleeding or dying from it? No! There's no Freddy friggin' Krueger out there! At its worst, the Phase can turn into something like an extremely vivid and lucid nightmare. If you fear it and believe that it's really happening and that you are powerless then it's worse. It's just like a child being afraid of going to bed because the nightmares seem so real and the fear that monsters might exist is there.

Back to you, Jeff...if you weren't so ignorant (literally ignorant as you have ignored the links I've provided) you'd discover the many ways in which the Phase can be used. You can use it productively and not just for the thrill of it (and there is nothing wrong with the last one either - when did this become a crime?) I'll provide the link again: www.obe4u.com

Quote:
But that could be totally my Bad because I haven't read up on it.

Oh yeah, sure, how convenient! Where did you get the "silver cord" from then? Is it coincidence that you call it "silver" like many out there? Even if such thing even existed (and as I've said before I could manifest one if I wanted) it would definitely not be made of silver - it would be made of THOUGHT - it is something that manifests from belief in the realm of thoughts! I repeat, it is a thought which is amplified to emulate physical appearance in that altered state. This is a realisation that I've had from real EXPERIENCE!

Quote:
is more like soul travel...

Soul travel? Soul? Come on, man! Are you for real?

Quote:
I mean how can you miss that which ties your astral body to your physical body?

Why does there have to be a cord tying a physical body to a metaphysical one (which is illusory anyway and it only manifests because you are used to a body)? The whole concept is ridiculous! Tell me, when two electrons or photons become entangled and share the same quantum mechanical properties...do you see cords uniting them? Space and distance in the Phase isn't even actual, they are thoughts in themselves which again appear actual because you are focusing in an altered state of consciousness. It's not a physical dimension, it is something else which the mind interprets using that which it already understands or it's used to. This is how far I've come Jeff. Experience it. stop reading **** and approach this business from a fresh perspective.

Again, people can have cords and they could see them or experience them from belief or as a "pun" for safety but not everyone experiences this because you don't really need it. You think there are things out there to get you so you probably feel the need to have a "rope" tied to you to find your way back. The thing is, this is absolute nonsense. For starters, you always come back from an OOBE. That's why I use the term "Phase". It's a phase! You know what I aim for when I have one? I aim to stay out as long as possible!

As for guides...oh boy...here we go again! Create them if such concept makes you feel safer.

I hope I've dispelled most of the **** that Jeff's spreading here. Honestly, guys, don't listen to his nonsense and explore the Phase from a fresh perspective and draw your own conclusions. Do check the Michael Raduga site. A couple of my experiences will feature in his next book and I am writing one about OOBEs myself. Don't let people like Jeff blind you and incite fear about this phenomenon. We encourage people to project as it is nothing but beneficial. Even if some experiences are unpleasant, believe it or not, it is your psyche getting you to deal with dissonant states of mind. The Phase is nothing but beneficial.
Old 20-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
Message to Jeff...

Get over yourself!!!!
I'll whole-heartedly second that motion.
Old 24-06-2011, 04:59 PM
druidpriestess

astral travel

Please allow me to offer my opinion on some of the subjects/questions raised.

Astral travel does not have to originate from the dream state, it can be accomplished through spiritual intention. The key is that your intention must be spiritual: for the evolution of your consciousness or for the world. It is only if your intention is otherwise that any "danger" is involved. If one is experiencing "out of control" movement or travel: this is dangerous.

I will not go through the technique here, but the Tibetans travel by ascending from meditation. Finding the seats of one's consciousness as energy within, and sending the energy up and out of the 7th (8th) chakra. It can be guided the first time(s).

It also is very helpful to have a destination in your consciousness, for example a visit with your higher self at a place in the universe of your choosing.

Travel for the sake of itSELF, as in "amusement Park" attitudes of traveling for some egoistic accomplishment or pleasure, in my opinion, is also dangerous.

We are here for divine purposes, and the astral work should be for that purpose. This is my opinion.
Old 24-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Master
Oh My! To be honest ...I struggle with some of the spiritual terminology that appears to be common!

As I didn't seek my experiences... I actually made a few words up ( I see for one example the same entity as many others I know and we call each call this entity different names ).

I did word association to my experiences at certain times....I researched after the experience.. to gain sanity lol ...from something... of which I had no concept nor previous conscious awareness of..

Personally and this is my own view... I am not attacking any one Else's ..I would not teach another person anything spiritual unless they learn't how to protect themselves and how to ask for High Vibrational White light protection.. I actually don't leave my front door open at home ..so why would I leave my body open..! I personally believe I am karmically responsible if I dont tell them to protect themselves etc . If I am teaching something in metaphysics spiritually etc

There are dangers ..ask the people that actually work and help people face to face ..who are having horrific experiences... These people the helpers ..do the work.. of the light physically .

. Why are these people called to do it ? They are so well trained after many years and normally silent and private. in such matters .

****...they are certainly not projecting fears on to strangers ..who have asked for help.

An Old lady said to me once " there is nothing new ..just experiences regurgitated" Don't know why I shared that line ..( being 4.00 am In Aussie land might be why... bed time!!)....maybe its not the words we use that are important ..

For it is all about soul intent and the divine

I personally do not step outside the teachings from my guide.nor outside light spiritually ....I don't go off exploring ..And yes I state again... it can be dangerous most certainly without any knowledge or protection .....!

That's my opinion not my fear..!

I have certain friends that went off and did whatever they chose too..they had NO fear at all..HAD .is the word.

We are not all here to learn not necessarily do exactly same thing.

I agree with druidprietess..

Quote: Travel for the sake of itSELF, as in "amusement Park" attitudes of traveling for some egoistic accomplishment or pleasure, in my opinion, is also dangerous.
We are here for divine purposes, and the astral work should be for that purpose.

I hope this makes sense what I said .. I am going to sleep ...finally !!!

LOV
E LOVE LOVE AND LIGHT TO ALL..

Who are we to
judge another's path ..sort our own out first ..mmmmm!

XX
Old 24-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Master
i used to AP all the time, ever since i was kid and i never noticed any "silver cord" attaching "me" to my body.

i haven't consciously astral projected in many years, not since that night i took off out of my body, shot off through the ceiling and into open space with no intention of ever returning to my flesh suit. (i was very depressed at the time). someOne grabbed me by my astral ankle and slammed me back into my body and i haven't been able to fly ever since. (tsk tsk! naughty me)

before being grounded i had a scary but funny experience. i kept encountering this entity. it was really creepy, looked like a "demon" or something. it had one blue eye, a singular tooth protruding out it's skin where it's mouth should be. it was all twisted and melty looking. finally instead of fleeing i remained still and examined it. as i focused on it slowly shifted into a rather pleasant looking blue eyed guy smiling at me. he just wanted say "hi" and i had kept freaking out and fleeing because of some perception distortion caused him to appear creepy to me. LOL how funny!
Old 24-06-2011, 09:50 PM
Summerlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiler
Oh My! To be honest ...I struggle with some of the spiritual
There are dangers ..ask the people that actually work and help people face to face ..who are having horrific experiences...

They are not dangers. They are happening in their minds. They are being unconsciously conjured up...like nightmares. The psyche is presenting you with scary thoughts, fears and dissonant states of mind so you can deal with them.

I can testify to this from experience. I've seen what happens to these experiences once you acquire a different attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
it slowly shifted into a rather pleasant looking blue eyed guy smiling at me. he just wanted say "hi" and i had kept freaking out and fleeing because of some perception distortion caused him to appear creepy to me. LOL how funny!

Blue-eyed guy...hmmm...did he have a pale skin? And were the eyes big and of a vivid blue?
Old 24-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Experiencer
Right on Druid Priestess

It's all about the Intention....
Old 24-06-2011, 11:37 PM
Master
The map writers ( a term I like ) can each testify from our experiences ... Not fear or mind ..! .. As I said respectfully one persons journey is not necessarily another's ...so we should not judge but offer our assistance.. ..only.. if our intent is pure and to help ( as mentioned)...and if we are asked. Fear of mind does not bring in angels physically .. nor materialize into solid matter .etc ... the person assisting is actually serene and centered inside themselves at the time ..when needed.

All the best on this thread
Love and Peace
:)