Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 01-01-2012, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Baker
"Heaven came down and glory filled my soul."

I know, it is one of the most remarkable Divine Visitations I have
ever heard of.
The fact that your friend saw the same thing is remarkable.
What a blessing.
What a blessing.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-01-2012, 08:53 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Baker
I was there, and I am convinced I was not meditating. Never heard of it.

I was just picking cotton and my last thoughts had nothing to do with anything spiritual whatsoever.

God speaking to me had nothing to do with my will or intention, and why did God speak to the girl beside me at the same instant also changing her inside.

Hi Mary,
What an experience you had, lucky you!
I often 'think' I hear God's voice trying to tell me things, but start thinking that I am just hoping and wishing it was his voice, and was it really. I question way too much and I need to learn to trust more.
I think that God must be rolling his eyes at me, and just saying to himself, "Yep, eventually she'll get it". Hehehe, I am just so happy he is patient with me.

God Bless you Mary, and enjoy your beautiful journey.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:44 AM
mattie

Not All Of This Religion Have Moved Past Regressive Fear Tactics

This may be your interpretation of Christianity, & this is admirable, but not all of this religion’s leaders & sects share your view by any means. Some in this religion’s hierarchy such as former Episcopalian John Shelby Spong have tried to get their religion more past some of the ugly fear tactics such as threatening the people w/ roasting in hell for eternity if they don’t abc-xyz.

Many of these sects have been very reluctant to change, leaving people w/ the option of moving on to a spiritual belief system that is not based in fear, leaving the church leaders to wonder, Gee what's going on w/ the empty pews? They are writing their own script that is rendering them irrelevant.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:43 PM
geri

Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalLove
Greetings everyone. :)

This is just something that I've been contemplating for a while and thought it would be nice to share with open minds.

Christianity is NOT about condemning people to eternal hell or forcing religion on people. It's not about judgement or frightening people. It isn't about being better or more righteous than others.
And please don't think that just because I'm talking about something I feel is good about and central to Christianity, it means that I'm trying to lure you into the religion. It simply isn't true.

The true meaning of Christianity is agape love. It teaches love like any other religion. Agape is the Greek word for a divine, selfless, and unconditional love. It is central to Christianity, as Mahatma Gandhi once said.

Jesus taught and demonstrated agape love. He taught love toward the neighbor, enemy, saint, and "sinner."

Jesus even said that it is agape love that is the mark of a true disciple or Christian.

Remember that Jesus also befriended the outcasts and the oppressed in his society.
Jesus is also known for being crucified, but it isn't the "blood" and "torture" aspects of it that are important. It was the agape love that was behind it. It was Jesus' selfless love for his friends and even his enemies.

I grew up Christian, and the message that the religion speaks to me is to simply love everyone.

So, for those who may believe that Christianity is a bloody or evil religion, please consider looking at it in another way.

Please feel free to share any thoughts.

Thanks. :)
I believe when Jesus was here He was not teaching a religion. Man turned His teachings into a religion. He taught how we should live, what would be in our best interest to do if we wanted to live a happy, joyful, prosperous and abundant life overcoming all difficulties. He was a teacher then became a savior because He taught us how to think right. He saved us from our limited wrong thinking. When are we going to start doing the things He taught? He said the things that I do you shall do also. He said follow me, which means doing what He taught and demonstrated. Yes, love is the underlying motive of what He taught and did. Most christian teachings that I have heard teach that you can't do what Jesus did, that it is just an ideal. How crazy is that? It seems to me that we have to do the things He taught, demonstrate love if we are calling ourselved christians. Would'nt it be a waste of time to go to school, learn from your teachers, graduate then never do what you were taught? Believing it was just an ideal, existing only in idea. I think we need to stop seeing what Jesus taught as a religion and start seeing it as a way of life. We have to start walking the talk. Religion is so competitive and self seeking. What Jesus taught is for everyone. It is up to us what we do with His teaching. To be a true believer is to believe what He taught and do it.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by geri
I believe when Jesus was here He was not teaching a religion. Man turned His teachings into a religion. He taught how we should live, what would be in our best interest to do if we wanted to live a happy, joyful, prosperous and abundant life overcoming all difficulties. He was a teacher then became a savior because He taught us how to think right. He saved us from our limited wrong thinking. When are we going to start doing the things He taught? He said the things that I do you shall do also. He said follow me, which means doing what He taught and demonstrated. Yes, love is the underlying motive of what He taught and did. Most christian teachings that I have heard teach that you can't do what Jesus did, that it is just an ideal. How crazy is that? It seems to me that we have to do the things He taught, demonstrate love if we are calling ourselved christians. Would'nt it be a waste of time to go to school, learn from your teachers, graduate then never do what you were taught? Believing it was just an ideal, existing only in idea. I think we need to stop seeing what Jesus taught as a religion and start seeing it as a way of life. We have to start walking the talk. Religion is so competitive and self seeking. What Jesus taught is for everyone. It is up to us what we do with His teaching. To be a true believer is to believe what He taught and do it.

Hear hear. Very good.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Dilchannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by geri

So very true! Love for God above all, and Love your neighbor! Faith is also very important! Without Faith, there is no hope...God Bless
Old 05-01-2012, 04:16 AM
Mary Baker

I have no experience of saving myself nor creating myself but I have had a spiritual awareness of being in a way a co-creator working with God as a part of His creation byusing my free will to accept his gft of salvation and . in a sense, to continually help to crete my evolving self by making the life choices the Holy Spirit leads me to by basing my choices of attitude and action in love of God, my fellow man, and myself.