Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 20-12-2010, 12:33 AM
Experiencer
Hi Chrysaetos. I can appreciate your point of view, though I respectfully disagree. Since other subject matters have been brought up, I would be interested to see what your thoughts are on places like Gobekli Tepe, which was constructed at least 17,000 BC or many of these ancient megalithic sites. Thank you!
Old 20-12-2010, 02:37 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagacat
Hi Chrysaetos. I can appreciate your point of view, though I respectfully disagree. Since other subject matters have been brought up, I would be interested to see what your thoughts are on places like Gobekli Tepe, which was constructed at least 17,000 BC or many of these ancient megalithic sites. Thank you!

Zagacat, thanks for talking about that. I had to do a quick look-up as I had not heard of it.
I saw a special on Chalco Canyon, New Mexico, which I have visited. They were the only known civilization to have tracked the moon across the sky in it's 19 year cycle ( I believe that was the number) The entire canyon was built in not to house people, but to track the moon and sun across the sky throughout the year, including the solstices. The kivas were all laid out for that purpose along an 8 mile canyon. Each of the kivas were a marking for the transit of the sun and moon. Amazing that a people in 850 AD would work in such arid, harsh conditions to accomplish this for the purpose of that. Not living quarters, but for ceremonies. It took 12 generations to build, outlying centers covered 95,000 sq miles and they traded with people as far away as 3,000 miles.
Old 20-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Master
"Santorini has been unearthed" ?? Only one section of the caldera wall collapsed.

The mistake being made, perhaps, is equating technologies with advanced cultures. A more fruitful search could be made by studying the origins and spread of advanced philosophies perhaps. This would need to be examined alongside the cycle of Ice Ages.

Just as a parting word, this thread is badly described as Paranormal and Supernatural. "Supernatural" is an oxymoron as it implies things outside of the nature, and paranormal is just a word used to label events which are normal but of low probability.
Old 20-12-2010, 03:13 PM
grazier

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
The Rift Valley is becoming active again as we speak. And the Bay of Yemen, nearby, has been experiencing swarms of earthqaukes for a few months. All about the same depth and magnitude.
But Atlantis would have been broken into pieces and been swallowed by the ocean. I am one of those who believe that it was between Africa and the northern part of So America. Around Bimini, if you will. A Canadian undersea archaeology team has been researching and diving in that area for a few years now with the expectation that they have found remnants of Atlantis. Santorini has been unearthed and none of the advanced technologies that Atlantis was supposed to have were found there.

That is very interesting about the Rift valley, but the whole of the earth's crust is on the move isn't it.

That is also where I believe Atlantis to be. I have spiritual past connections with the Mediterranean and also feel that Atlantis is in between Africa and South America. There are maps in several books that show land mass there in ancient times. Also Gods, teachers and leaders of ancient times mostly seem to come from the West, i.e. Quetzelcoatl.

I am afraid that I know nothing of Santorini so I have no knowledge on that count.

Have you read the Atlantis Blueprint by Rand Flem-Ath and Colin Wilson? or The Mystery of Atlantis by Charles Berlitz? You might find them interesting.

Blessings

grazier
Old 20-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazier
That is very interesting about the Rift valley, but the whole of the earth's crust is on the move isn't it.

That is also where I believe Atlantis to be. I have spiritual past connections with the Mediterranean and also feel that Atlantis is in between Africa and South America. There are maps in several books that show land mass there in ancient times. Also Gods, teachers and leaders of ancient times mostly seem to come from the West, i.e. Quetzelcoatl.

I am afraid that I know nothing of Santorini so I have no knowledge on that count.

Have you read the Atlantis Blueprint by Rand Flem-Ath and Colin Wilson? or The Mystery of Atlantis by Charles Berlitz? You might find them interesting.

Blessings

grazier

grazier, I also have connections to Athens. It is probably the second most important past life that has a bearing on this life. The most important past life was in Atlantis as one of the temples was brought down by a massive earthquake. I am supposing that is why I am terrified of earthquakes, even tho I have never experienced one in this life.
Yes, the planet is shaking and quaking.
I have not read those books. My first knowledge of Atlantis was when I was 7 or 8. I did not "officially" know anything about it until I read about it when I was in my teens. Edgar Cayce was where I first heard of Atlantis.
Verbal lore in the Sioux Nation and Cherokee Native Americans tell of their ancestors coming from the east from the Atlantic ocean.
Old 20-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Master
Quote:
I have spiritual past connections with the Mediterranean and also feel that Atlantis is in between Africa and South America. There are maps in several books that show land mass there in ancient times.
Quote:
I have not read those books. My first knowledge of Atlantis was when I was 7 or 8. I did not "officially" know anything about it until I read about it when I was in my teens. Edgar Cayce was where I first heard of Atlantis.
Verbal lore in the Sioux Nation and Cherokee Native Americans tell of their ancestors coming from the east from the Atlantic ocean.
You might have linked these ''past life'' experiences later in life to the stories you read. We all try to seek connections.
Our personal experiences are still influenced, they don't come in a vacuum. Knowledge of what we are experiencing always involves an interpretation of these experiences.

How exactly did Atlantis look? How did the Atlanteans dress? What animals did they have? What was the landscape like?

The Sioux and Cherokee coming from the eastern parts? Yeah that's possible.
Quote:
Also Gods, teachers and leaders of ancient times mostly seem to come from the West, i.e. Quetzelcoatl.
What about Amaterasu and Varaha?
Old 20-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
You might have linked these ''past life'' experiences later in life to the stories you read. We all try to seek connections.
Our personal experiences are still influenced, they don't come in a vacuum. Knowledge of what we are experiencing always involves an interpretation of these experiences.

How exactly did Atlantis look? How did the Atlanteans dress? What animals did they have? What was the landscape like?

The Sioux and Cherokee coming from the eastern parts? Yeah that's possible. What about Amaterasu and Varaha?

Chrysaetos, there is nothing that grazier, myself or any other poster can write that would convince you that there was an Atlantis. We could describe same memories and facts to you, yet still you would find a reason not to believe. Our reality will never be your reality. We all have different views of what goes on around us; we each have a unique perspective. And those pespectives are real for each individual, but that doesn't mean it would be true for a neighbor , family member or a person in Australia. I could tell you in great detail what it felt like having a temple column come crashing down on you, how it felt choking on the dust and the blood, but that would not make it your reality, would it? There is no logical reason for a 7 or 8 year old, living in a small Missouri town, to have this memory of a woman being killed in that manner. There are several of us on this forum have extraordinary similarities in our memories of living in Atlantis, yet none of us have met, that I know of.
Perhaps you naysay Atlantis because you do not want to remember, only believe in what you see or have become dissillusioned. Perhaps you only see in blacks/whites and nothing in between. Regardless there is a vast chasm between our beliefs.
Old 20-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Chrysaetos, there is nothing that grazier, myself or any other poster can write that would convince you that there was an Atlantis. We could describe same memories and facts to you, yet still you would find a reason not to believe.
I am interested in it, and whether I believe it or not shouldn't be important. The general stuff about Atlantis interests me: how they dressed, the landscape, animals, climate.
Quote:
Perhaps you naysay Atlantis because you do not want to remember, only believe in what you see or have become dissillusioned. Perhaps you only see in blacks/whites and nothing in between. Regardless there is a vast chasm between our beliefs.
Naysayer? I am not in denial here, just sceptical and curious. That's what an open mind is all about. I do know the power of our minds, and I have also believed I got a hold on some of my past lives. But it's really tricky business, our childhood memories are later on in life often reinterpreted by ourselves based on later experiences and beliefs.
Old 20-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Summerland

Chrysaetos, my memories were so strong when I was a child that I wrote a 6 page short story about it and kept that story for many years. Each time that I read it, I would cry; deep, wracking sobs. My older sister took it and burned it as I would get so distressed each time that I read it.
Old 20-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-child
I suggest you get hold of the book Angel Answers by Diana Cooper, there is a very good section on Atlantis. I would have copied relevant sentences from the book but I gave it to someone, although I found an article online which says basically everything that the book says.

http://ezinearticles.com/?2012-and-the-Return-of-Atlantis&id=1237874

I hope this shines some more light on the subject!

Sophie

I was going back over this therad and decided to read this article . Again, amazed at the the similar memories. Those are all things that I remember, particularly how children were taught out in the open air. The way that healing was done also reiterates what I remember. I was in one of those healing temples being trained to be a healer as a priestess, when it came shaking down and killed me. Now I am going to have to locate that book and treat myself to a trip down memory lane.