Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 19-12-2010, 03:22 PM
grazier

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Recent archeological around the North Sea points to seven submersions over the last 100,000 years. The last one being at the end of the last Ice Age. Full submersion occuring around 6000 BC. The hunter-gatherers migrated both east and west. The standing stones in Britain and Northern France are so very similar as to point towards a common people. And dont lose sight of the fact that Stonehenge and the like were being constructed when the Egyptians were still living in mud huts. So ,if you want to identify an advanced culture, look towards Europe rather than the Middle-East.

I believe that the Atlanteans colonised the main centres of the world and that it was they that built Stonehenge, the Sphinx and The Great Pyramids among other things, with technology that we do not understand. They were all also aligned with the Planets which bears out advanced knowledge of astronomy as well.

There was talk of Stonehenge being a giant sundial. I have been there at midday and seen the shadow fall on the altar stone, but I don't feel that was its purpose. There have been many suggestions but I don't think any of them are near to the truth. Who knows? Scientists certainly don't.

There are so many things that scientists cannot explain away, even though they try to. They just pooh pooh what they don't understand and call it 'imagination'. If they did understand they would surely be showing humankind how to save the planet and to live together in peace and harmony, instead of trying to create black holes and emulate the late Atlanteans in growing human parts on animals and creating clones and test tube creatures (including human) under the guise of helping humanity. Why? What is it all about?

Blessings

grazier

Last edited by grazier : 19-12-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 19-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
If you wish to name a "continent" that disappeared in a short space of time, look no further than the Drowned Lands of the North Sea plain - an area larger than the present British Isles plus I will throw in the Drowned Lands of the Irish Sea for free !
As far as Atlantis goes, the simplest answers are always the best i.e. the Santorini caldera and the destruction of the Minoan culture.

Norseman, could that have been where the Tuathe De Danaan have come from?
And thanks for pointing that out here. That gives me one more thing to add to my growing list of things to research! I also have to check out if the winter solstice in a couple of days is going to be eventful.

Grazier, I always enjoy your posts.
Atlantis would not have been destroyed in a day or even a month. It would have happened over decades or even centuries. Many Atlanteans would have had ample time to disperse around to the surrounding continents. There are too many linguistic, building, crafts and legends that are too similar to be a coincidence.
Old 19-12-2010, 04:20 PM
grazier

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
Norseman, could that have been where the Tuathe De Danaan have come from?
And thanks for pointing that out here. That gives me one more thing to add to my growing list of things to research! I also have to check out if the winter solstice in a couple of days is going to be eventful.

Grazier, I always enjoy your posts.
Atlantis would not have been destroyed in a day or even a month. It would have happened over decades or even centuries. Many Atlanteans would have had ample time to disperse around to the surrounding continents. There are too many linguistic, building, crafts and legends that are too similar to be a coincidence.

Thank you Summerland,

I agree with you, it would have taken time, but it could have happened - look at Pompeii. There was evidence of that happening at Thera as well. But I agree, but it would have had effect on other places. What about the Rift Valley in South Africa?

The Atlanteans would probably have had some warnings and that is why the sensible ones left Atlantis to find other homes and civilizations, which they tried to nurture.

Blessings

grazier
Old 19-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazier
Thank you Summerland,

I agree with you, it would have taken time, but it could have happened - look at Pompeii. There was evidence of that happening at Thera as well. But I agree, but it would have had effect on other places. What about the Rift Valley in South Africa?

The Atlanteans would probably have had some warnings and that is why the sensible ones left Atlantis to find other homes and civilizations, which they tried to nurture.

Blessings

grazier

The Rift Valley is becoming active again as we speak. And the Bay of Yemen, nearby, has been experiencing swarms of earthqaukes for a few months. All about the same depth and magnitude.
But Atlantis would have been broken into pieces and been swallowed by the ocean. I am one of those who believe that it was between Africa and the northern part of So America. Around Bimini, if you will. A Canadian undersea archaeology team has been researching and diving in that area for a few years now with the expectation that they have found remnants of Atlantis. Santorini has been unearthed and none of the advanced technologies that Atlantis was supposed to have were found there.
Old 19-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Master
"Norseman, could that have been where the Tuathe De Danaan have come from?"

Summerland, I have a rather fine book [ if I can find it ] it is called the Myths and Legends of the British Isles by Barber which has a section on that subject
"And the children of Bethach, who was the son of Iarbonel the Soothsayer, went into the northern isles of the world to learn druidry and heathenism and devilish knowledge, so that they were expert in every art, and they too returned to Ireland and became the Tuatha de Danaan.
But as for Fergus Red-Side and his son Britain Mael, from who all the Britons of the world are descended, they filled the great island of Britain with their offspring, until Hengist and Horsa, the two sons of Guietglis, the king of the Old Saxons, came and conquered them. The Fir Bolg gave battle to the Tuatha de Danaan ............. the Tuatha suffered great loss and left their king on the battlefield with his arm cut from and it took the leaches seven years to heal him ......................... " Legend of Silver Hand, yes ?

Hows that for just a sample [ Obviously, I found it ]
Old 19-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Summerland

Norseman, were the Tuathe De Danaan a fair complected race , tall and blondish?
Old 19-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Master
I have a feeling that they were Celts or proto-celtic.
Old 19-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Master
The section of the book is called The Seven Takings of Ireland and deals with seven invasions. The first peoples were Greek or of Greek origins , although a daughter of an Egyptian Pharoah get a mention too.
Old 19-12-2010, 11:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Hy Chrysaetos,

Okay then, if you consider these things are all fake and imagination show me the proof and evidence of this.
That would be off topic. I have posted elsewhere about the crystal skulls. The ''mystery'' about Easter Island can be found on the internet. The people used trees to move the rocks.
Quote:
Do you know what documents and books have been lost or destroyed?
No I don't, which is precisely why I don't make any claims about the books.
Quote:
What evidence is there of advanced technology and civilizations in Egypt before 10,000 BC and where did the knowledge come from to build the pyramids, and Stonehenge for that matter? And how did they do it?
Why do you focus on 10,000 BC? Those ancient civilisations had many centuries to reach their heights and achievements.
Interestingly, we got our modern technology in only a few centuries! Humans can do it.
Quote:
Have you ever been to Stonehenge or any of these other places? If so what were your thoughts and feelings?
Oh yes. I have visited both Stonehenge and Egypt. I have also visited other countries and their religious sites, and most of the holy sites in Israel.
Quote:
How come so many ancient texts of diverse civilizations have the same myths,parables and allegories?
Do they? Care to give examples?
Some civilisations were not that far apart and influenced one another. Other similarities (like animal symbolism) are pretty logical. South Americans experienced fear for snakes, just like Asians and Africans.
Quote:
Just a point, none of my ideas come from the internet. I don't go in for browsing the net - in fact this is the only site that I visit. My information and knowledge comes from academic, spiritual and personal sources. I have recovered some of my memories of past lives pertaining to the planets and Atlantis and ancient civilizations. My sources are also from personal experiences.
Academic sources?

Personal experiences are influenced by our beliefs, culture, upbringing and so forth. Knowledge of what we are experiencing always involves an interpretation of these experiences. And knowing our experiences requires more than simply having it and thinking we're there. It implies being able to identify, describe, and explain it. For that, we humans often seek shelter in our beliefs and cultural understandings. I have had many experiences myself that I know can't be fully trusted.

Last edited by Chrysaetos : 20-12-2010 at 12:00 AM.
Old 19-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Chrysaetos, again we will have to agree to differ. Advances are being made all the time to prove that what scientists thought that they knew has to be reworked to fit new parameters. It is a constantly changing world, universe and cosmos out there. New anamolies are being discovered daily. Planetary changes can and do alter the surface in a blink of an eye. We are the observers.Who would be left to tell us what happened 10,000 or a million years ago? An asteroid can wipe out thousands of square miles in an instant. Mega volcanoes, such as the one in Siberea or a Yellowstone eruption can destroy everything on the planet by blocking out the sun and laying down several feet of ash. Ice advancing can and does grind down everything in its path. The mighty Niagra Falls was created by earthquakes; that is how the earth can shift. So you can disbelieve that a civilization can disappear and I can believe that there is more to our surroundings than will ever meet the eye.
Ok, but none of it are reason enough to believe a continent was gone in the blink of an eye because the people in it were led astray. Just because we make new discoveries is not a reason to ignore established facts.
Quote:
A Canadian undersea archaeology team has been researching and diving in that area for a few years now with the expectation that they have found remnants of Atlantis. Santorini has been unearthed and none of the advanced technologies that Atlantis was supposed to have were found there.
Interesting, where are the photos and the treasures?

''advanced technologies'' < What sources? Where can I find this in Plato's work?

Last edited by Chrysaetos : 20-12-2010 at 12:17 AM.