Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 24-06-2015, 06:45 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamode
I first discovered twin flame terminology on this forum, I think it was in 2009. It's always been a turn off to me and does not resonate with me at all, the thought of being stuck with and assigned to a one and only twin flame for eternity. Rather, soul mates, strongly resonates with me and makes sense. Multiple close soul connections that can change over time makes sense and I believe in soul mates.

This makes the most logical sense.
Old 24-06-2015, 07:48 AM
Ravenspirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
That happened in the 70's? People were also using this conceptualization back then?

It's been around for a while. There were reincarnation books in the 70's and 80's that used the same terminology. 60's it was mostly soulmates, but after that the Twin Flame, Twin Soul thing was used fairly often. This is not so new.
Old 24-06-2015, 08:07 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenspirit
It's been around for a while. There were reincarnation books in the 70's and 80's that used the same terminology. 60's it was mostly soulmates, but after that the Twin Flame, Twin Soul thing was used fairly often. This is not so new.

Thanks for the info....
Old 25-06-2015, 05:34 AM
Experiencer
I never heard of twin flames until I got here and I've never met mine,I prefer the term soulmate for some reason.
Old 30-06-2015, 09:05 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveInTheNow
Yeah, it's a bit pathetic isnt'it? Sometimes it ["running"] all sounds like a huge cop-out for the very esoterical and highly complex phenomenon called "he's not just into you (or not anymore, if he indeed was)". But I will get some flak for saying this...

Not from me!

I'm glad the whole "twin flame" idea wasn't around when I was 19, and madly, obsessively, ruinously in love with a man who didn't feel the same way about me (and was thus a "runner," in TF-speak).

I did enough clinging to that man, and trying to get him back, and stewing in my longing, despair, and heartbreak as it was; almost 30 years later, I shudder to think of what I would have done had I also been possessed by the idea that he was my TF.

Personally, I do believe we have soul mates, and we can have multiple soul mates in one lifetime (I've had two in this one).

But soul mates aren't necessarily perfect, endlessly blissful relationships, or "The One." They sure as shootin' aren't there to "complete" us--we're not incomplete! Instead, they tend to be fellow souls who have, across many lifetimes, in many guises, agreed to help you learn important lessons through intimate love relationships--and you do the same for them. And the lessons may be painful, and the relationship might not last, but you still serve each other's growth on a soul level.

Quote:
OK, I'm a bit unfair here cause I did my share of running at the beginning and my Beloved too. Yet we were still very much into each other. You can indeed love someone and be freaked out by this love at the same time, I get that. But after some months or years of silence and the other "twin" being most likely with someone else...hmmmmm... doesn't sound like a crazy strong mutually felt oh so wonderful attraction anymore to me. Maybe I'm just too 3D-esque...

Yeah, I've experienced the part I bolded. And honestly, I'd probably be a "runner" if Mr. Perfecto showed up in my life right now, no matter how interested he was in me! I'm kind of a lone wolf, and while I have enjoyed some nice casual relationships over the years I admit the thought of experiencing that kind of intense relationship again gives me the heebie jeebies! But I'd probably accept the challenge, once I got used to the idea.

I don't stop by the TF forum very much, mostly because it makes me sad. I remember my own experience of thinking that an unworthy, unfaithful, indifferent man was THE ONE, and tying logic in knots in order to justify all of his callous and unloving behaviors, and putting my life on hold in the hope that he would see how much I loved him and that we were meant to be together. Nobody could have talked any sense into me at the time--and boy, my poor mother sure tried! The only way out of that experience was to keep walking through it until I couldn't explain away reality any more. I had to walk every last humiliating, painful step of it before I learned the lesson. But boy, did I learn it--and apparently I'm neither the first nor last to suffer through it...
Old 30-06-2015, 09:13 PM
Ascender
you can say you haven't heard at 19 of the Tf concept bc it wasn't around and you were lucky to escape it, or you can say nothing happens for no reason, but at the right time and under the right circumstances.
Old 30-06-2015, 09:13 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Star
I don't stop by the TF forum very much, mostly because it makes me sad. I remember my own experience of thinking that an unworthy, unfaithful, indifferent man was THE ONE, and tying logic in knots in order to justify all of his callous and unloving behaviors, and putting my life on hold in the hope that he would see how much I loved him and that we were meant to be together. Nobody could have talked any sense into me at the time--and boy, my poor mother sure tried! The only way out of that experience was to keep walking through it until I couldn't explain away reality any more. I had to walk every last humiliating, painful step of it before I learned the lesson. But boy, did I learn it--and apparently I'm neither the first nor last to suffer through it...

This is what it boils down to for many people at the end of the day, sad, but it teaches you a lot. I don't believe a TF connection is the one either. I was writing this just earlier on a recent thread I made, that I've experienced many soulmate connections and three twin flame connections and every time thought they were 'the one', but after saying that so many times it gets boring and predictive. I don't believe in it anymore, I just believe we have many different soul-connections close to us who we can experience this type of higher level love with if we are both in tune to some extent to our souls.
Old 30-06-2015, 09:25 PM
Ascender
are you ladies not denying the mere essence of this connection? i mean canceling your life for a person who in their human form is, or more accurately speaking behaves like an unworthy abusive ahole, is indeed self destructive and something to be seriously considered and dealt with.
but on the other hand, its easy to fall and stay in love with a wonderful person. finding and loving the divine element in an otherwise failure of a human being, must be the hardest and most atrocious feeling ever. on a soul level does his ahole 3D reality makes him any less lovable?
Old 30-06-2015, 10:32 PM
Master
I think it doesn't matter how you label these 'soul experiences'. Of course you have multiple soul connections , if we hadn't we would be very lonely and 'empty'. You need soul connections to be ' filled' , to become the human being you're supposed to be, to explore yourself, to experience feelings and grow in life. I do believe that they come in different ' energies' from low to very, very high. The so-called TF is I think the highest energy vibration one meets at this moment of time in your life and because it's so high they cause a lot of turmoil and are not easily to forget. So even when you are just nineteen and you meet someone who at that moment shares the highest energy vibration with you can be called TF. So,meach and every 'tf experience' is a realt one for the person who experiences it. TF is just a label. I would even say that my so-calles twin, is not my twin but an man I at this moment in time share the highest energy with. I think true, really true twin flames are very, very rare and I think if you meet them you will know they're special in what they ' sent out'. They are recognized and taken seriously by the people around them.
I'm in education and I see many teenage loves/crushes/drama's In the younger year there is ' a couple' , mind you, 12 years old. These two are to me true examples of " twinflames". They are not IN love, they don't have a 'crush', no they LOVE...they are from the beginning on accepted as " belonging to eachother" . No other boy will interfer with her, no other girl with interfer with him. Even their parents and we as adults accept their bond as 'true'. They don't behave as hankypanky 'I'm so in love with you and I want your attention teenagers. In their silence they're always WITH each other. Even people who don't know the TF concept ' joke'.." How cute,they're like twins" . It's their quiet , graceful way. Sometimes just holding hands, falling both asleep heads together on a bus. Mature never loud, always nice and loving toelach other and to others. Quitely and in silence unhappy when put in different groups. Never asking can I be with him/her? No they just 'suffer'. No drama,they just are .Two beautiful young angles and when you talk to them and look in their eyes younger the same wisdom, a knowing. And it's not frightening it's "light", ' old souls'...I wish I could show them to you...so pure, so quiet, so ONE. It makes me humble.
Old 30-06-2015, 10:49 PM
LiveInTheNow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Star
Not from me!

I'm glad the whole "twin flame" idea wasn't around when I was 19, and madly, obsessively, ruinously in love with a man who didn't feel the same way about me (and was thus a "runner," in TF-speak).

I did enough clinging to that man, and trying to get him back, and stewing in my longing, despair, and heartbreak as it was; almost 30 years later, I shudder to think of what I would have done had I also been possessed by the idea that he was my TF.

I can relate to that... acted the same with someone I thought was "the One" when I was 17 and ended up with a big depression and suicidal tendencies. Never again!

Sometimes (not very often) I look at this blog, mostly I must admit because I like her choices of hot pics and short vids
http://emmespath.blogspot.jp/2015/06...ose-to_30.html

I mostly ignore the texts now cause they are always similar: aching, longing, needing, rehashing old memories etc... For years now this lady (whom I don't know and never was in contact with... this is a disclaimer for my Beloved Bunny ) has just written tons of posts about how great her guys is, how he is her undeniable TF, how she will love him forever etc etc.

In 3D life he left her for a woman who is apparently a sadistic btch, or so she wrote. And... she does absolutely nothing about it, just wallows in her blog pain and misery. Once he came back to her, they had sex, he left her again the next day, and apparently she didn't even ask for his current address or phone number...

Which makes me think... maybe she is in fact in love with her story, not the guy? Just a theory but maybe for some people it's all about loving the feeling of "perfect love" and some kind of mythical , idealized fantasy of the person and how good it used to be and how it should always be etc etc... but with no real underlying desire to make things happen, so they don't. It's kinda narcisstic in some ways, and sad.

Sorry just rambling. Still like the pics and vids though