Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 08-02-2013, 12:45 AM
Master
Mighty--

Remember, getting vibrations is not the goal. In fact, that dissipates energy. You want to move on past that state asap by relaxing and going to where you want to be.

After not being able to get some parts of my astral body out, I just asked for more energy and then just thought about where I wanted to be and **was there. So, don't get hung up on the vibrations, sounds, hypnagogic stuff--they're only ancillary for some people.

Lora

Actually, I first asked for visual clarity first until I could *see and then asked for more energy. You want to be ask close to your natural highest vibrational state as you can be so the experience will be as good as possible.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:45 AM
Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Mighty--

Remember, getting vibrations is not the goal. In fact, that dissipates energy. You want to move on past that state asap by relaxing and going to where you want to be.

After not being able to get some parts of my astral body out, I just asked for more energy and then just thought about where I wanted to be and **was there. So, don't get hung up on the vibrations, sounds, hypnagogic stuff--they're only ancillary for some people.

Lora

Actually, I first asked for visual clarity first until I could *see and then asked for more energy. You want to be ask close to your natural highest vibrational state as you can be so the experience will be as good as possible.

Ahhh gotcha,Does it matter if im lying on my back compared to laying on my side, because i really only sleep on my side as that is the most comfortable position, but im not sure if that hinders me in any way.

Also, could i just astral project from just deep deep meditation? or must i be in Sleep paralysis? because i've only thought you could get "vibrations" or the sign telling you can ap by just being in Sleep paralysis.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:17 AM
Super Moderator
Well Mighty, that kind of broken sleep pattern works for me. I actually do get up -and will even have a coffee. Then when I go back to lie down I can relax OK.
It's possible that in my own case, having once had an out of body experience after such a break in sleep, it imprinted itself on my mind (we are such creatures of habit!) -so that it was more likely to happen again. Then when it's happened 2 or 3 times, it's probable that it will keep happening that way.
But for me, doing that broken-sleep-thing will at least 90% of the time lead to an out of body experience. (I have not had any lately, as I have just been sleeping 8 hours through the night undisturbed. Gut feeling -I need that at the moment.)

It could help if you have a particular relaxation technique to fall back on, in case relaxation doesn't come as second-nature.
But I have also found that a lot of physical exercise during the day helps to attain great physical relaxation when you lie down. The body is so grateful for rest.
And once you have fulfilled the need for some deep sleep, and some REM sleep, (let's say after 3-5 hours sleep) you are free to explore what can happen in shallower sleep. This, however, doesn't always work like clockwork. Sometimes I fall asleep right under and wake up 4 hours later! It's getting the balance right. If you really are extremely tired, it may not work so well.
(Or maybe I'm just a slob! hahaha)
Old 08-02-2013, 02:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty
Ahhh gotcha,Does it matter if im lying on my back compared to laying on my side, because i really only sleep on my side as that is the most comfortable position, but im not sure if that hinders me in any way.

Also, could i just astral project from just deep deep meditation? or must i be in Sleep paralysis? because i've only thought you could get "vibrations" or the sign telling you can ap by just being in Sleep paralysis.

That video that was like a guy selling Shamwow talked about lying on your back until you were ready to roll to your side, and then never moving. I'm not sure I ever got that to work.

The other school of thought is to just go to sleep. Once you've had enough sleep, it will be a bit easier to stay mind awake. I like just counting breaths from 100 backward. Do it as many times as you need. If you forget where you are (and you will start to dream, see images), quietly start counting again. After you are going back at 4:15, I think it might help not to keep moving as that tends to reinforce the "tests" that your brain does to see if your body is awake and vice versa. It's amazing how well it does that--get you to move or keep your mind too active.

At least that was my experience.

Lora
Old 08-02-2013, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator
I sleep any-old-how. But if my intention is to AP I lay on my back relaxed. But I think it's different for everyone. The knack is finding the thing that works for you.